Best prelim finals of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe this is so far down the page.

I still think this was the biggest game of football outside of a grand final ever. The build up was just so huge. The personalities - Sheedy and Elliott at the forefront. The rivalry (the 'most premierships' thing mattered a lot at the time). The massive underdog vs what is arguably the best team ever.

And then the match itself absolutely delivered everything, right up to the dying seconds.

Not to mention the shock state election result that day. Two stunners in a single day!

I can't believe this is so far down the page.

I still think this was the biggest game of football outside of a grand final ever. The build up was just so huge. The personalities - Sheedy and Elliott at the forefront. The rivalry (the 'most premierships' thing mattered a lot at the time). The massive underdog vs what is arguably the best team ever.

And then the match itself absolutely delivered everything, right up to the dying seconds.
And don't forget the Victorian state election was on the same day as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night isn't in the conversation if we are are being honest.

However, it was an enthralling contest with unique momentum swings that didn't necessarily equate to scoreboard damage.

The final 9 minutes were the absolute definition of an arm wrestle in Australian rules football terms. Wasn't there a pretty long stretch during that last quarter without an inside 50 from either side? With only 1 pojnt separating them, you really can't get much closer than that.

The best I've seen was the Pies vs Cats 2010 PF. Being 81 points up on the handbaggers halfway through the 3rd qtr was football pr0n at its most intoxicating.

No love for 2020 Port vs Richmond on here? The game was neck and neck the entire time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Best prelim finals of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back