Rumour Busted Betting scandal rumour busted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got a mate at the Herald Sun, said all this came across their desks late yesterday and have confirmed their sources today.

Running with the story at 3pm. Stay tuned.

So stoked, this really tickles my anti-Collingwood bone, get that up ya Eddy.

There's absolutely no way they'd sit on this for 12 hours and miss getting an "EXCLUSIVE"

That and I doubt anyone at the Herald Sun has a mate.

Have heard this in the last hour.

Forget the fact that it derails collingwoods season (if true).

How much money do the clubs and the AFL receive from betting agency revenue?

Juxtapose this to the fact that the government also tips in a tidy sum, this has the potential to change, and potentially cripple the image of the game.

The afl choose the easy option every single time.... they will have to decide (again, if true), whether they can sweep it under the rug, or if it’s past that point, and coming clean is the easier choice.

If true, devils advocate says:
Gil - gone
Gaming revenue, and by extension advertising - gone
Collingwoods window for the next 3-5 years - gone.
Multiple avenues of funding - gone.
Grassroots and junior development also takes a massive hit, as who’d want their kids involved in this kind of game?

It almost sounds too big to be true, and I’m well and truly putting the horse before the cart, but if it is true, my god, there will be another 12-24 months ruined by off field drama, easily a bigger story than Essendon cheating in 2012, and Carlton in the late 90’s.

Shouldn't need a scandal to get rid of gambling takeover. I hope it isn't true. I do want to see Gil and gaming revenue gone though. it's gone way too far. The silent creeper, choking the life out of young men and giving loads of money to disgusting individuals and crime syndicates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's absolutely no way they'd sit on this for 12 hours and miss getting an "EXCLUSIVE"

That and I doubt anyone at the Herald Sun has a mate.

From what he's told me, these are serious allegations with massive implications for the AFL. They had to do their due diligence before running with it.

Got a mate at the Herald Sun, said all this came across their desks late yesterday and have confirmed their sources today.

Running with the story at 3pm. Stay tuned.

So stoked, this really tickles my anti-Collingwood bone, get that up ya Eddy.

You have mates ?

This will confirm Collingwood's status as a big club.

Probably the only other club in the league that will be able to survive having half the team banned for a year.

I actually can't even tell if this is a real rumour or an elaborate lie just to stir s**t. Somebody fill me in.

Literally just seems like the same paragraph has been copy and pasted into whats app groups around the country.

Would be pretty easy these days to get a rumour going, this shit spreads like wildfire now.

Not buying it until a journo with some level of reputability runs with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back