List Mgmt. Bews and Stephens re-sign

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownless is doing the hard yards now as well. Late pick, delisted (VFL), late pick all in 3 years. Showing some signs recently that he might push through to a good career at AFL level. Showing some dash and a big tank already.

Although I don't really keep as good an eye on our VFL team as I should, from what I've seen Brownless is definitely making some ground. He's not AFL-listed is he? Maybe we can do a Hendo and re-list him or something.

I don't feel sorry for Kolo he has missed some easy shots at goal, he is that bad unless we are way infront of the game i never want to see him have a shot again

Haha, shuddering at the thought of him with ball in hand instead of Gary Rohan vs the Doggies. He might have put it three rows back, but where?

I’m not sure he’ll make it but I agree with what you have said here..
he might make it ... it just depends on list spots too - and whether chook, Narkle and clark leave. He’s be cheap VFL depth at a good price but he needs the upgrade I think as his 3 rookie years are up...

but also got delisted at one point ... so maybe that has reset... I’d have to look
Go Catters
I feel like Will Slade was on the rookie list for like 5 years.. 😅

Cats fringe players are a major target at the end of the year with top player Cam Guthrie being in the sights of about 5 or 6 clubs as the big catch? He must stay at all costs. Then there is the inevitable race to get Clark, Narkle, Constable and now i believe Kreuger? The Suns, Pies, Dockers and Eagles will be actively pursuing as are the Blues and Tigers!

Cats fringe players are a major target at the end of the year with top player Cam Guthrie being in the sights of about 5 or 6 clubs as the big catch? He must stay at all costs. Then there is the inevitable race to get Clark, Narkle, Constable and now i believe Kreuger? The Suns, Pies, Dockers and Eagles will be actively pursuing as are the Blues and Tigers!
Judging by the last few years....if Carlton are interested then maybe these guys are duds

Although I don't really keep as good an eye on our VFL team as I should, from what I've seen Brownless is definitely making some ground. He's not AFL-listed is he? Maybe we can do a Hendo and re-list him or something.
The trouble is that we are tight on numbers. Jenkins is the only certainty to leave, with Constable likely and possibly Taheny. All the rest are contracted or showing promise.

They very well maybe? But we have an old list too, will we go the way of the Eagles? If Geelong start losing by 90 points or more there will be a meltdown!

It's all based on a premiership for mine.

I think I speak for all of us when I say that IF we win the flag this year, we as supporters will be far more accepting of a bit of pain in the years to come.

The club would have been proven correct in their philosophy of topping up in the pursuit of a premiership and the naysayers would have to accept that as well.

With that being said, I'll back the club in to put the parameters in place to continue our success. They've earned it with the track record they have so far.

It's all based on a premiership for mine.

I think I speak for all of us when I say that IF we win the flag this year, we as supporters will be far more accepting of a bit of pain in the years to come.

The club would have been proven correct in their philosophy of topping up in the pursuit of a premiership and the naysayers would have to accept that as well.

With that being said, I'll back the club in to put the parameters in place to continue our success. They've earned it with the track record they have so far.
Correct, the premiership is the key!

Correct, the premiership is the key!

Our 'remarkable' & on-going finals participation has mainly been attributed to recruitment & list management with 2017 & 2018 a excellent illustration (see list below but also with no early draft picks which is standard re:Cats on-going ladder success), my only concern is with Mackie taking over the reins from Stephen Wells who has been 'our holy grail' along with Brian Cook & Frank Costa (RIP) dating back to the early 2000's, so if Mackie can end up 80% as good as Wellsy I'd be satisfied.... with Stephen Wells literally a legend of our club.

2016 national draft
26 Brandan Parfitt
40 Tom Stewart
43 Esava Ratugolea
60 Quinton Narkle

2017 national draft
24 Tim Kelly
36 Charlie Constable
57 Gryan Miers

2017 rookie draft
16 Jack Henry
33 Zach Guthrie
53 Sam Simpson
B Mark O'Connor

In our quest of legitimately having a chance to win the 2021 flag, last years topping up of top 30 plus year old players in Isaac Smith & Shaun Higgins was questionable for no other reason than stunting the growth &/or possible losing of younger players in Clark, Narkle, Constable, etc, although that said Isaac Smith does appear to be a real winner, Jeremy Cameron drafted at 28yo was a given & had to be done. Bottom line, you're damned if you do & damned if you don't & yeah winning a flag might be the ultimate determination of who is damned or who is damned NOT.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, shuddering at the thought of him with ball in hand instead of Gary Rohan vs the Doggies. He might have put it three rows back, but where?
Sounds like me off the tee. Once drove it pin-high on a par 4, problem was it was 2 fairways over. :D

Hopefully he only needs to do well in his role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back