Competitions BF DT Ess board champs - 7th

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 14, 2008
Edge
AFL Club
Essendon
As we know there is a club board championships this year.... i've just got to get a bit of info together to get our league in there. As the competition starts this thread will be used for banter and updates.

Here is some info on the comp from the organiser;

A thread will soon be created on the Dream Team Board, outlining every league, player and team, how the competition will work, the draw, and so on. This thread will be updated weekly, along with a ladder and votes.

I will also be providing this information on a club-by-club basis on individual boards to keep your board in the loop. Please promote these championships on your own board as you look to take down the other clubs!

Matches will start in Round 3 and run unto Round 19, as per the Dream Team league season. Rounds 20 to 23 will be finals.

As a taster, here is the draw for the opening round - feel free to paste this in the relevant thread on your club board!

---Quote---
Round 1
Blues DT v Eagles DT, Princes Park
Bombers DT v Magpies DT, Windy Hill
Cats DT v Lions DT, Kardinia Park
Demons DT v Giants DT, Melbourne Cricket Ground
Dockers DT v Tigers DT, Subiaco Oval
Kangaroos DT v Hawks DT, Arden Street Oval
Power DT v Saints DT, Alberton Oval
Suns DT v Crows DT, Carrara Oval
Swans DT v Bulldogs DT, Sydney Cricket Ground
---End Quote---

The draws for SuperCoach and Dream Team leagues are identical but mirrored (that is, in Round 1 Blues DT host Eagles DT at Princes Park, whilst Eagles SC meet Blues SC at Subiaco).

Match scoring is as follows:
1. All 18 teams from both leagues in a match are sorted into seeds in order from the highest rank after the previous round to the lowest.
2. Then 18 'mini matches' are played, with team going up against team.
3. The club board with the most 'mini matches' won that round wins the match and records a win for their board.

This is a fair way to conduct scoring and means leagues with a player who doesn't maintain their team are not too disadvantaged.

W00! lets smash the pies at windy hill round 1 !!!!!

as i said before i just need to get some info to enter the league, can you all fill in the gaps on whose team is whose for me on your league names? cheers.

as9 - megolomania - rank 774 - id=8876

shane hird - fullfrontalattack - rank 2482 - id=2752

loonerty - matts moocows - rank 4797 - id=474

knight ryders - knight ryders ffc - rank 6000 - id=31839

essington - essington - rank 735 - id=32

barnjay - barney and friends - rank 2080 - id=17759

pocket pears - pocket aces - rank 1180 - id=10113

ess don - kawawara krackers - rank 6621 - id=3309

xMichaelx - chingz pingz - rank 16626 id=1093

daisy is a spud - dibson gibson ffc - rank 59 - id=112

tassieboy - az's army - rank 1888 - id=20375

drummer 19 - lol-imgonnawin - rank 10937 - id=10181

howard moon - pilkos pump pants - rank 1596 - id= 675

impromtu - impromtu sce - rank 36 - id=1237

altavistic - altavistic's imps - rank 2700 - id=114

un eggs - strangels - rank 1650 - id=22095

calyam - heppelltitis d - rank 3000 - id=10985

george washington - george wasingtons - rank 4383 - id=98501

as soon as we can fill in the gaps on everyone's team name and last year rank i'll p.m the organiser and we are ready to rock!

bring on the NAB....

Re: Big Footy Dreamteam Club board championships (div 1 players please read!!)

Great stuff. However, how did you find your previous years rank now :eek: I know it was around two thousand - just below I think..

Tassieboy - Az's Army - rank ........ - id=20375

Great stuff hm, wasn't sure how the BF Board league would work but you've cleared it up perfectly.

everyones in and we are done!

here is my pre NAB team.... again i didnt go guns and rookies... (must be crazy for another year)

goddard-shaw-birchall-adcock-grimes-clarke-sierakowski (smedts/wilkes)

ablett-selwood-thompson-barlow-caddy-mcdonald (ross/sheil)

mumford-mcintosh (stephenson/giles)

franklin-zaharakis-martin-riewoldt-christensen-porplyzia-zorko (treloar/rowe)

caddy is a big if.. nab pending... could easily be pfieffer or horsley...

thoughts?

Sierakowski was on the hawks list for the past few years.... he started as a nsw scholarship player then was a rookie then promoted to the snr list.

He was in the best for box hill nearly every week... he was emergency for hawthorn 5 times but couldnt crack it for a game. He sought a trade and nth snapped him up.. the hawks didnt want to lose him apparently.

He is a running half back type with elite kicking.... i guess birchall and suckers fit that bill so he was back in the pecking order there...

he is 21 and ready to play, i reckon he slots right in to nths 22 as a half back, i just want to see the NAB!

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=125098

they seem to like the lad...

Sierakowski, whilst worth watching, is a fair way from cementing a spot in the team however. I also think over-significance has been placed on the round 11 bye. It isn't really necessary to have the bye structure set up straight away, this can be done by trading.

The Richmond pair of Ellis/Morris look pretty great at the moment. Do not avoid them simply because they have a R13 bye.

yep, both Ellis and Morris featured in the 'probables' team in the intra club last week, as opposed to the 'possibles'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Brown looks pretty good as a round 11 back if you really wanted one.

few good rookie options coming out of the first round of the nab....

there was one out of the brissy game that might be worth a look.. did you see yeo? need a brissy back...hanley looks the designated kicker and adcock was hard at. could be a high possie game at the lions this year.

its so hard though... seeing kids perform, then worrying about how many actual minutes they will get when the a team is in.

like ledger... looked awesome, but will he get mid time when they boys are back?

hanley has bigger upside surely...

his average has gone up every season as he has learnt the afl ropes, could be ready to break out?

hurns average has gone down the past 2 years.. reckon he may have plateaued?

i've had sloane locked for a month... he will be the biggest break out surely, especially with ade's draw.... why pay the thommo price when you can get the sloane and change left over!

ive gone boyd, ablett, selwood and sloane

i think it works well for the byes and i reckon they all have upside... well i guess boyd probably dosent but hes still a gun pick.

whats happening lads..all gone quiet!!! had to find the thread in amongst the how crap are essedons skills threads...

hows everyonesd team looking.. nearly settled?

got the bye plan happening?

gone mid price instead of g 'n' r ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions BF DT Ess board champs - 7th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back