BF Geelong Board MVP 2009 - Votes Geelong v Collingwood, Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Board MVP Round 3 versus Collingwood

I am suprised no-one else here rated Taylor's game. Collingwood had the same number of inside 50's as us (51 each) and Taylor held Cloke to 9 possessions, 3 marks and no score. For good measure, he had 15 possessions himself. Considering Cloke has had some very big games against us in recent years, I though the Big H's game was super important.

Borderline worst game I've seen him play. He was abysmal. Turnovers resulting in goals, spoiling teammates, losing his feet. He was shocking. Cloke was just infinitely worse.

Harry is one of my faves, but he was pure binjuice (at least in the first half).

Shocking early, very good after quarter time. Put your two views together and you've got it!

Borderline worst game I've seen him play. He was abysmal. Turnovers resulting in goals, spoiling teammates, losing his feet. He was shocking. Cloke was just infinitely worse.

Harry is one of my faves, but he was pure binjuice (at least in the first half).

Against the Hawks he was binjuice due to him not choosing long stops for his boots......if one was to vote purely on impact on the game, he would be in the top 7 or 8 I think purely for his negating role on Cloke who has torn us a few, and especially last year against H.

5. Chappy
4. SJ
3. Gaz
2. Taylor
1. Bartel

I am suprised no-one else here rated Taylor's game.

Ahem...

5. Chapman
4. Ablett
3. Varcoe
2. Taylor
1. Johnson

I agree though, maybe I'm biased a fair bit because he is the Q9... But in the past Cloke would usually kick 4 goals or so against us.

5. P.Chapman
4. S.Johnson
3. G.Ablett
2. D. Wojcinski (Thought he and Chappy sparked us in the second with run and carry)
1. C.Enright

5 - Chapman
4 - SJ
3 - Ablett
2 - Wojcinski
1 - Varcoe

What we learned about:
Blake - No where near enough around the ground. Slaughtered all night.
Taylor - First half every possession was a direct turnover and/or resulted in a goal against. His first touch often took the ball away from an easy possie for a team-mate and resulted in a lost ball or goal.
Bartel - Terrible first quarter, at one stage didn't want to do the easy stuff and run. Could be seen in a two on one with Taylor in the first couple of minutes, just stood and pointed instead of taking advantage of the current play. We lost that ball and luckily only cost a point.
Hawkins - Stick with the lad. With experience can only get better, still raw but in about a 6 minute patch showed us why he is so much better than Lonergan. Contested grabs and marks on the lead, bloody great.
Varcoe - Was great tonight. Loved the extra work he did getting to the drop of the ball and slotting shots. Too often he's passed off.

Team - When we put the effort in, no team can match us.

5. Chapman
4. Ablett
3. Stevie J
2. Bartel
1. Wojo

HM: Scarlo, Selwood, Varcoe and Cam

I think Harry Taylor eased into the game, and ultimately did his job in containing Cloke at CHB but his 1st quarter was very disappointing. Some poor decisions with his disposal and 3-4 times he let the ball go over his head when he should have committed and made elementary spoils, all of which resulted in goals or shots on goal to Collingwood. Such is why I don't think he warranted being in the best. He needs to work on his composure, when our defence is under pressure and the ball is coming in fast he can look flustered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back