weagles_fan
Lonie_from_50

VOTING CLOSES TUESDAY at 5:30PM

Voting details, rules and new announcements

5 - Judd
4 - Everitt
3 - Lynch
2 - Mitchell
1 - Hansen (could have gone to about 10 players, but he was integral to our structure and continued to work all day)

macca69 said:
5 - Judd
4 - Everitt
3 - Lynch
2 - Mitchell
1 - Hansen (could have gone to about 10 players, but he was integral to our structure and continued to work all day)

Come on mate, you can't be serious. No Hodge? Did you even watch the match? ...

5 - Hodge (HAW)

4 - Judd (WC)

3 - Lynch (WC)

2 - Mitchell (HAW)

1 - Everitt (HAW)

I dno, thats just the way I feel. West Coast won in the end, but those 5 players were the difference.

philhawk said:
Come on mate, you can't be serious. No Hodge? Did you even watch the match? ...

5 - Hodge (HAW)

4 - Judd (WC)

3 - Lynch (WC)

2 - Mitchell (HAW)

1 - Everitt (HAW)

I dno, thats just the way I feel. West Coast won in the end, but those 5 players were the difference.

How can u give him 5 votes. Was good for a half then got towelled up in the second half. Beat Selwood easily, but when the game was there to be won, Stenglein thrashed him IMO.

macca69 said:
How can u give him 5 votes. Was good for a half then got towelled up in the second half. Beat Selwood easily, but when the game was there to be won, Stenglein thrashed him IMO.

Because he was to me, as well as Fox Footy team, the best player on the park? Judd was contained in the first half while Hodge was only contained in the 3rd quarter?

You seriously reckon he didn't deserve any points? :rolleyes:

philhawk said:
Because he was to me, as well as Fox Footy team, the best player on the park? Judd was contained in the first half while Hodge was only contained in the 3rd quarter?

You seriously reckon he didn't deserve any points? :rolleyes:

I just like to give votes to players, who play well for 4 quaters, especially when the game is there to be won. I was at the game, but wouldn't surprise me if the Fox Footy team including Bartlett and Tony Shaw would pick Hodge, despite Judd being dominant for 4 quaters. Couldn't care less who the fox footy team deam as the best players, completely irrelevant IMO. Didn't play any better than Everitt, Mitchell, Judd and Lynch. Could give him maybe one vote, but his 2nd half was ordinary IMO.

macca69 said:
I just like to give votes to players, who play well for 4 quaters, especially when the game is there to be won. I was at the game, but wouldn't surprise me if the Fox Footy team including Bartlett and Tony Shaw would pick Hodge, despite Judd being dominant for 4 quaters. Couldn't care less who the fox footy team deam as the best players, completely irrelevant IMO. Didn't play any better than Everitt, Mitchell, Judd and Lynch. Could give him maybe one vote, but his 2nd half was ordinary IMO.

:rolleyes:

You really don't have a clue unfortunately. It's debatable whether Judd or Hodge should have gotten 5, but you seriously reckon his performance warrants only 1 vote. Thats absolutely hilarious. Let's see how many people here give Hodge a vote that isn't 5,4 or 3 ...

philhawk said:
:rolleyes:

You really don't have a clue unfortunately. It's debatable whether Judd or Hodge should have gotten 5, but you seriously reckon his performance warrants only 1 vote. Thats absolutely hilarious. Let's see how many people here give Hodge a vote that isn't 5,4 or 3 ...

It may be that those who watched the game on Fox Footy (where there is often a severe case of VIC bias) will be influenced by their infatuation with Judd. If u went to the game, u would see that Hidge would have been close to BOG at half time playing on Selwood, but would have struggled to notch up 5 possesions in the second half (also got about 5 free kicks during the game which would have inflated his stats a little.

If u can tell me in what way Hodge beat Stenglein then I would consider giving him a vote. If there is a strong number of people who give Hodge 5-4-3 votes then I will re-do my votes after watching the replay, but I can hardly remember seeing him in the second half. Comparing his game to Judd's is just stupid though.

5 - Q Lynch (WCE)
4 - L Hodge (Haw)
3 - C Judd (WCE)
2 - S Mitchell (Haw)
1 - P Everitt (Haw)

Great game to watch. I'd also like to include a special mention to Michael Braun and Tim Clarke. One of the best battles I've seen for years.

philhawk said:
Because he was to me, as well as Fox Footy team, the best player on the park?

Match review on afl.com.au has him 4th best player in a loosing side. He deserves one vote at best IMO, if the votes were given at half-time he would have gotten close to 5.

5 - Q.Lynch (WCE)
4 - C.Judd (WCE)
3 - L.Hodge (HAW)
2 - P.Everitt (HAW)
1 - M.Braun (WCE)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. The Big Unit/THe Lynch
4. Sam Mitchell
3. Chris Judd
2. Peter Everitt
1. Luke Hodge

5 - Judd (WEST COAST) - BOG for mine
4 - Hodge (HAWKS) - Clearly the reason why we nearly won
3 - Lynch (WEST COAST) - Dominant forward on the ground
2 - Spider (HAWKS) - Smashed Gardiner/Seaby
1 - Mitchell (HAWKS) - another typical sammy mitchell game, might be a little harsh on him

macca u are joking arent u :rolleyes:

LukeHodge15 said:
5 - Judd (WEST COAST) - BOG for mine
4 - Hodge (HAWKS) - Clearly the reason why we nearly won
3 - Lynch (WEST COAST) - Dominant forward on the ground
2 - Spider (HAWKS) - Smashed Gardiner/Seaby
1 - Mitchell (HAWKS) - another typical sammy mitchell game, might be a little harsh on him

macca u are joking arent u :rolleyes:

when the game had to be won, where was he? When a better player was moved onto him, how did he go? Stenglein absolutely towelled him up. Wrong move putting Selwood on him in the first half. Very hard to give votes to someone who only plays a half, despite him being BOG at half time. I personally think that Everitt was easily the Hawks most influential player and Mitchell towelled up Kerr and got 35 odd possessions. Williams' 5 goals almost got himone vote from me. Those 3 IMO had a bigger impact on the game for four quaters.

Just to clarify my thoughts on Hodge's game I had a look at the pro-stats site and he had made more eoors in the game than anyone else. His handball to Cousins in the last quater comes to mind. In fact according to the pro-stats site, he made on average 1 error for every 3 disposals (23 possessions, 8 errors). Third worst ratio out of everyone (Miller and Fletcher ahead of him). Also only had 3 contested possessions and 20 uncontested, which I thought was his bread and butter. Not saying he had a bad game or anything, he was in contention for one vote along with Williams, Hansen, Cousins, Embley, Stenglein, Glass. Went with Hansen as he played a very good team game. We have been a mess without him, forwardline structure has been non-existant these last few weeks. He straightened us up, kept presenting all day and often had 2 opponents, which left a lot of space for Lynch. IIRC u said u didn't go to the game, might have been hard to see how non-existant Hodge was in the second half, with Shaw and Bennat continually talking him up. Looks like our opinions differ once again.

macca69 said:
when the game had to be won, where was he? Stenglein absolutely towelled him up. Wrong move putting Selwood on him in the first half. Very hard to give votes to someone who only plays a half, despite him being BOG at half time. I personally think that Everitt was easily the Hawks most influential player and Mitchell towelled up Kerr and got 35 odd possessions. Williams' 5 goals almost got himone vote from me. Those 3 IMO had a bigger impact on the game for four quaters.

when the game was there to be won, it was those little men in ornage that got u over the line........nothing hodge could do about that. :p :p :p

LukeHodge15 said:
when the game was there to be won, it was those little men in ornage that got u over the line........nothing hodge could do about that. :p :p :p

he could have not handpassed the ball to Cousins and thus sealing the game :p

macca69 said:
he could have not handpassed the ball to Cousins and thus sealing the game :p

lol......yeah that woulda helped.

awesome game of footy. watched the game today on replay.

its sad way to look at it, but the hawks gone from pick 4 to pick 3 in the 2006 draft. ;)

LukeHodge15 said:

its sad way to look at it, but the hawks gone from pick 4 to pick 3 in the 2006 draft. ;)

Kangas were always going to come good IMO. Surprised at how good the Hawks were after watching them play the Saints the week before. Very promising signs, but if Everitt goes, you may not improve as much as your team's potential would suggest. Good core group of young players, but the depth isn't there yet. Despite what a lot of our supporters say, we did play some good footy and wasn't all that far from our best form, considering Cox was out. The intensity was there, and u pushed us all game, however I feel Woosha was out-coached by Clarko (worryin for Woosha IMO). U guys played like a top 8 side (u played better than the bulldogs did against us IMO), u find yourself a replacement for Spida and another young KPP (keen on Lachy Hansen by all reports) and u are looking good IMO.

macca69 said:
Kangas were always going to come good IMO. Surprised at how good the Hawks were after watching them play the Saints the week before. Very promising signs, but if Everitt goes, you may not improve as much as your team's potential would suggest. Good core group of young players, but the depth isn't there yet. Despite what a lot of our supporters say, we did play some good footy and wasn't all that far from our best form, considering Cox was out. The intensity was there, and u pushed us all game, however I feel Woosha was out-coached by Clarko (worryin for Woosha IMO). U guys played like a top 8 side (u played better than the bulldogs did against us IMO), u find yourself a replacement for Spida and another young KPP (keen on Lachy Hansen by all reports) and u are looking good IMO.

im starting to lean towards gumbleton with our first pick. if he is there :p

not sold on a couple of weaknesses i see with hansen.

but geez his contested marking seem pretty unvbelievable, and that key aspect im huge fan of. even if todays game is shying away from it.

LukeHodge15 said:
im starting to lean towards gumbleton with our first pick. if he is there :p

not sold on a couple of weaknesses i see with hansen.

but geez his contested marking seem pretty unvbelievable, and that key aspect im huge fan of. even if todays game is shying away from it.

May well depend of if u finish above Brisbane or not. Sheedy may take Gumby with pick one also, apparantly he is keen on him, but I reakon that's a smakescreen and he wants Thorp.

LukeHodge15 said:

gonna dig up that Hawthorn season preview I did at the start of the year soon, cbf looking for it atm though.

Remove this Banner Ad

BF Medal - R14 - Hawthorn vs West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back