Other BF NFL Supporters List (2001-06)

Team You Support?

• From AFC

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • From NFC

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, if you read the posts between Carb70 and myself in the previous thread, I am a Jets man in the AFC. I am also a Packers supporter from the NFC. Hedging my bets, so to speak. I think both of my sides will need a lot of luck to get to the playoffs. Especially the Packers, Farve still has a cannon of an arm but doesn't have the same supporting cast as he once had.

As you probably know, I follow Tampa Bay and at worst I expecting them to make the NFC Championship game anything less this season will be a failure.:)

I like watching most teams play except the Cowboys and Giants I hate those 2 teams with a passion. I'm up every Monday morning watching every single game shown on Fox Sports while following my Fantasy teams on the internet.

My favourite Tampa players are Warren Sapp, John Lynch, Mike Allstott and of course Keyshawn Johnson.

Some of my favourite other players from other teams are Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Brett Favre, Eddie Geroge, Donavan Mcnabb and Ray Lewis as well as my all time favourite Jerry Rice the greatest WR of all time.

The Dirty Birds.

The Atlanta Falcons is my team, and I fully expect them to go through the season with one or two victories. Mind you they could surprise like 1998 when we made the Super Bowl.

The Chicago Bears, of course!

But..... I'm really not that interested in American football. I doubt if I could name more than ten current players. Now, just ask me about AFL players.................. :D

Originally posted by carb70

I like watching most teams play except the Cowboys and Giants
Don't be like that. :) We Cowboys fans have been starved of success of late - only 3 Blinkies in the 90's but we'll get there. ;)

I too look forward to Monday mornings and am a little upset that there haven't been any exhibition games this season on Foxtel. I don't expect to see too many Cowboy games this season as we will struggle.

As you probably know, I follow Tampa Bay and at worst I expecting them to make the NFC Championship game anything less this season will be a failure.

I have a soft spot for the Bucs too. I always like to see perennial battlers have some success. ;)

Originally posted by oh_my_hat

Don't be like that. :) We Cowboys fans have been starved of success of late - only 3 Blinkies in the 90's but we'll get there. ;)

I too look forward to Monday mornings and am a little upset that there haven't been any exhibition games this season on Foxtel. I don't expect to see too many Cowboy games this season as we will struggle.

I have a soft spot for the Bucs too. I always like to see perennial battlers have some success. ;)

Well get use to it because it will be a long time before the Cowboys will see any success. Especially when Tony Banks is your starting QB.:D

As for as the Bucs being battlers well get use to them becomming the new super power. Especially next season when they move from the hard NFC central division and start playing in the easier NFC South division with teams like the Saints, Falcons and Panthers. :)

I follow the Pittsburgh Steelers. I've been starved of success for a while now :( Kordell Stewart started to find his game again towards the end of last season so i'm hoping he can wind back the clock and play like he did about 3 years ago. The Bus will get his yards as usual and i'm looking for big things out of Plaxico Burress. The 'Steel Curtain' almost always does the job.

I'd be pumped if we made the play-off's but it'll be tough.

I'm a Minnesota Vikings fan, guess it will be tough this season after the troubled pre-season we've had (the loss of Korey Stringer). Maybe we can sneak into the wild-card, but i think the Buccs will top the NFC central.
For those who haven't seen the week1 pre-season scores, here they are:

Carolina 16
Jacksonville 18

Cincinnati 27
Detroit 24

NY Giants 0
New England 14

Seattle 21
Indianapolis 28

Atlanta 20
NY Jets 10

Chicago 24
Tennessee 27

Green Bay 3
Cleveland 10

Minnesota 28
New Orleans 21

Denver 20
Dallas 6

San Francisco 24
San Diego 25

Oakland 10
Arizona 7

St. Louis 24
Buffalo 10

Washington 0
Kansas City 20

My American home is in the shadow of Lambeau Field, so I am strictly a Green Bay Packer. I know two players personally; one lives across the street from us and the other is a former college classmate.

The Packers are a wild-card calibre team but I don't see them advancing much farther than that. They have addressed a few of their defensive needs but that will only turn them from a bad defense into a mediocre one.

Originally posted by OutKast
Atlanta 20
NY Jets 10

The Dirty Birds had a Win. The Dirty Birds had a Win. The Dirty Birds had a Win.

Super Bowl here we come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well get use to it because it will be a long time before the Cowboys will see any success. Especially when Tony Banks is your starting QB.
There goes that argument. Banks was cut today!! :) Quincy Carter looks like he's been thrown in at the deep end to see if he will sink or swim.

Rumours are that Cade McKnown may be boughtin to compete for the starting job. :(

Originally posted by oh_my_hat

There goes that argument. Banks was cut today!! :) Quincy Carter looks like he's been thrown in at the deep end to see if he will sink or swim.

Rumours are that Cade McKnown may be boughtin to compete for the starting job. :(

o_m_h, I had posted that information in the Superbowl picks thread. I haven't heard anything about Dallas trying to get Cade McNown though. It probably wouldn't be a bad pick up considering he seems to be out of favour with the Bears.

I've noticed that there will be a new franchise coming into the AFC next year, the Houston Texans. Anybody else heard anything about that? Carb, you probably would know, that may explain the re-alignment for the Buccs.

Originally posted by The Hippie
I've noticed that there will be a new franchise coming into the AFC next year, the Houston Texans. Anybody else heard anything about that? Carb, you probably would know, that may explain the re-alignment for the Buccs.

Houston were awarded the new franchise over Los Angeles about a year ago. They will join the new AFC South divison which means Seattle will move from the AFC to the NFC so each conference will have 16 teams a piece.

Now that their will be 32 teams it makes more sense to have 8 divisions of 4 teams piece. Plus a team like Tampa who is in the South was playing in the Central division and Carolina who is on the east coast was playing in the NFC West. Anyway the new divisons are:-

AFC East Buffalo,Miami, New England, NY Jets.
AFC South Houston, Indianapolis,Jacksonville, Tennessee.
AFC North Baltimore, Cinncinatti, Cleveland, Pittsburgh.
AFC West Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego.

NFC East Dallas, NY Giants, Philadelphia, Washington.
NFC South Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Tampa Bay.
NFC North Chicago, Detriot, Green Bay, Minnesota.
NFC West Arizona, St Louis, San Francisco, Seattle.

I can't work out why Dallas is still in the NFC East divison though. They should be in the South with Carolina playing in the East. Maybe it's because Dallas has strong rivalries with Washington and New York and they probably where not willing to give that up.

They have worked out the divisions, I hadn't seen that yet. I wonder how they will structure the playoffs under the new system, will the top team in each division plus 2 wildcards go through to the playoffs, meaning 6 teams as it is now, or will they go top team in each division plus 4 wildcards and have no bye in the first round.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it will be the top 4 plus 2 wild cards. The 2 teams with the best record will have a bye in the 1st round of the playoffs as is the case currently. But don't quote me on this. :)

I can't work out why Dallas is still in the NFC East divison though. They should be in the South with Carolina playing in the East. Maybe it's because Dallas has strong rivalries with Washington and New York and they probably where not willing to give that up.

That's exactly it. Dallas' rivalries with Washington, Philadelphia, and the Giants all go back years and years. The realignment plan is attempting to preserve as many natural rivalries as possible (hence, the Packer-Bear-Lion-Viking division and the Cleveland-Cincinnati-Pittsburgh-Baltimore division). Tampa Bay and Seattle have only been around since 1976 so their history is not very extensive, especially since they are traditional doormats.

I go for the New Orleans Saints, they're not all that successful but i like their colours and I've visited New Orleans before and it's a pretty cool place albeit kinda rough and seedy ;) :)

I see the NFL in silver and blue shades. I feel that the Boys will get 7wins, maybe even 8. Now, if things fall inplace, then we have a good shot at 7 or 8. realistically, something along the lines of 5-6 wins. However, you all know that adage - On any given Sunday.

What's up Aussie, it's MD. I checked the message board at RealTeams and I signed up for your board. Looks pretty cool. I can't wait until Sunday. I'm going to a bar that shows all the games and $1.25 Budeweiser. Alright, before you say anything, yeah, budweiser sucks and I guess it's the king of cheap beers. Actually, I really like XXXX. Foster's is alright, but it's like a common beer to me, although it's better than Budweiser any day.

Fearless forecast (or just call it wishful thinking) 24-20 Cowboys. Emmitt scores 2 TD's, one on a goal line situation and one from an option play from QC!!!!! :D

Hey MD, very happy you could make it, I need some Cowboy support badly my friend. I hope your prediction is on the money. Unfortunately I am stuck watching Chicago @ Baltimore - a game I think you'll be attending if I remember correctly. Give us a wave I'll be looking out for you. :D

I hope to see some highlights of QC scoring on the option, Emmitt busting loose & Joey G hooking up with QC on a 70 yd bomb.

Have a couple of brews for me it will be a bit early in the a.m for me.

*****GO COWBYS******

Remove this Banner Ad

Other BF NFL Supporters List (2001-06)

Back