Other BF NFL Supporters List (2001-06)

Team You Support?

• From AFC

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • From NFC

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

carb70 from your recollection of the starting times does the 3am start tonight/tomorrow morning include the pre-game show with James Brown, Terry Bradshaw etc?? I think it does but can’t quite recall. At any rate will be tuned in to watch. It’s a big night isn’t it with Lleyton Hewitt play Sampras tonight as well. Thank god I have a day off tomorrow. That reminds me, I better go out today and get the chips & dips it’s going to be a big night!!

omh, The pre-game show usually comes on at 1-30 my time, 2 your time. At that time Fox are showing Premier League soccer, so it looks like the pre-game show isn't on. I look foward to the pre-game show as I find it quite entertaining but it looks like we will have to wait until next month before we get to see one.

hey aussie - what's going on? Hope all is well in your world. Man, well, I guess you know by now that the Boys lost but it's very encouraging that the defense played real well. Dunn and Alstott only had like 80 yards total. THe ofense need lots of work, although look for Carter to have a better day against the Lions and watch for Emmitt to move into second place, imho. But I am definitely encouraged that the defense played real well and that they lost by only 4 points. I predicted 7-9 on the austin360 board and I am still gonna stick to it. :)

Well, I never did make it to the game. I kinda got sick, I mean real sick that this hangover is just starting to wear off. Appearantly, they called like 5 times and I just slept through it. Food definitely helps. But yeah, i'm watching the Chargers spank the Skins arse. So that's one good thijng, although I really think that the skins may finish worse than the Cowboys just by the way they look. However, the Chargers look good with Flutie and of course Norv as the OC. May not have been a great HC but a great OC he is. Also, with someone like Snyder trying to run the team....I mean to JJ's defense, at least he waited until he could kick Jimmy out. :)

Alright, gonna get going. Peace.

MD, I haven't had a chance to read the post game reviews yet but I just about to. The Cowboys beat the spread so that is a positive. I predicted 6-10 on austin360 so we are in the same neighbourhood.

Just finished watching the Raven defeat the Bears. Pretty awful first half but the Ravens finally got intracked in the 2nd. Ray Lewis anf his co-horts are pretty mean aren't they!!

Great to see the Skin get whipped at least that will keep those ferals at bay and gice you an easier time when you get in to the office Monday morning. ;)

carb70 congrats on your win with the Bucs, must have had a few heart flutters along the way though.

omh, that's not the result I was expecting. I only saw one highlight from the game and that was when Carter threw an interception to Dexter Jackson. Carter looks like he has a powerful arm but looking at the game stats he threw 9 completions to only 2 recievers. So it looks like the Cowboys will have to do a lot more work on improving their passing game.

I was very suprised that Alstott and Dunn could only manage 68 rushing yards between them but I'm happy with the fact our 2 receivers in Green and Johnson both had good games. Green had 8 catches for 75 yards and Keyshawn 7 for 71 yards. Also good to see our defense had 2 interceptions.

As for the Cowboys, well at least it looks like their defense has improved from last season.

carb70, yeah the good thing so far this season is that the Cowboy run D has improved and Greg Ellis is getting back to his pre broken leg form and recorded a sack this game. Dunn rushed for over 200 yards last year so that is a major improvement.

Looks like the Bucs moved the ball downfield with the dink & dunk short passing game and had a lot more of the ball and twice as many 1st downs too.

Galloway 6 rec for 18 yds, I have never seen those sort of numbers before.

MD, (Yeoman) I hope the skins loss has helped ease the hangover. Hoe long before Danny Boy spits the dummy and publically berates Scottenheimer (sp?). Boy George looks like he stunk the place up and they had to bring in Tony Banks in relief...WOW!!

Anybody else catch the Miami-Tennessee game on ESPN? Miami was very impressive to beat Tennessee at home 31-23, where they only been beaten 3 times in 3? years, both times previously by the Ravens. The Miami D just didn't let the Titans settle at all, Zach Thomas had some kind of game. Can't remember the numbers, but he was everywhere.

Fiedler leading their offense was very good too. They'll go close to winning the division again. That'll make my Jets job harder, especially losing to Indy at home first up.

I follow the Saints teams all over the world so obviously I'm a New Orleans Saints fan.

I noticed we had a good win over the Buffalo Bills. :D

Hopefully they will go a little better than St Kilda over the past two years and better than how Southampton have started in the EPL. :D

omh- yeah, my complaints are with Reilly. I know he was doing what the brass wanted ,but geez, open it up a little bit. You're playing against one of the best defenses out there. They';re not dumb, but try to keep them on their heels. I hope they don;t keep QC under wraps next week. ASnd why the hell does Reilly always try to run Emmitt outside when he has made his living running inside. Wasn't that the case last year as well?

Oh, the Skins being destroyed was just marvelous. Oh yeah, we'll have a better record than the Skins after this season.

And I hoep I never see these numbers again - Galloway 6 recpetions for 18 yds. Wow.

Originally posted by The Hippie
Anybody else catch the Miami-Tennessee game on ESPN? Miami was very impressive to beat Tennessee at home 31-23, where they only been beaten 3 times in 3? years, both times previously by the Ravens. The Miami D just didn't let the Titans settle at all, Zach Thomas had some kind of game. Can't remember the numbers, but he was everywhere.

Fiedler leading their offense was very good too. They'll go close to winning the division again. That'll make my Jets job harder, especially losing to Indy at home first up.

Hippie, speaking of the Jets. Did you see the the incident when Vinny Testaverde fumbled the snap, the ball was picked up by Chukie Nwokorie for the Colts who ran it back for a TD. The funny thing is Vinny chased him and I not sure whether he was trying to tackle Nwokorie or hug him. What ever Vinny was trying to do he just looked pathetic doing it.

Also I've predicted the Dolphins to win their division. The only thing is their D always looks good at the start of the season but they seem to die towards the end of the seaon. Anyway I'm glad Lamar Smith had a good game for the Dolphins as I have him in most of my fantasy teams.

Also you must be happy with the way the Packers preformed. Brett Favre looks like he could be back to the form he had a few seasons back and Ahman Green looks like he could be in for a big year. With the way the Vikings and Bucs played yesterday, who knows the Packers might win the division.

Originally posted by carb70:

Also I've predicted the Dolphins to win their division. The only thing is their D always looks good at the start of the season but they seem to die towards the end of the seaon. Anyway I'm glad Lamar Smith had a good game for the Dolphins as I have him in most of my fantasy teams.

It's a good thing then. I had lunch today with a good friend who is a huge Dolphin fan (and a happy one at that with that win) but he mentioned the brutal 4 week opening schedule. Their D will really want to be switched on early. They start with Tenn( a win), Buffalo (lucky it's not in the blizzard season), Oakland & St.Louis so it's a pretty testing start to the season.

hippie & Carb,

assuming you are both in australia, how did you see these games/highlights ??? I know they werent on Fox, coz all we got this week was that crap Ravens v Bears game.

Anyway Im glad I didnt see that incident with Nwokorie, apparently Vinny was trying to strip him of the ball instead of tackling him. Anyway it was Lovernes fault coz he didnt hear the play properly and knocked the ball out of Vinny's hands. (well from what Ive read).

J-E-T-S

JETS JETS JETS :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad to see there's another sensible poster around here, Arch. :D

And I did (unfortunately) see a replay of Vinnies 'attempt' to chase down a lineman. Beleive me, you don't want to see it. Admittedly, he is a QB and isn't expected to tackle, but it was a little embarassing. :rolleyes:
It was on ESPN at halftime of the Sunday game.

Ah well, at least the Pack have got off to a better start.

What is happening with next weeks games, assuming they're starting again, are they playing the round they missed this weekend or are they scrapping the round alltogether?

apparently the NFL is tending towards playing week 2's games in January, when the wildcards would have been played, and then reduce the amount of playoff spots available. (which f*cks me off because the Jets could likely be one of the sides fighting for those last wildcard spots)

Its all very confusing.:confused:

Originally posted by The Hippie

What is happening with next weeks games, assuming they're starting again, are they playing the round they missed this weekend or are they scrapping the round alltogether?

Hippie it looks like the orginal week 2 games have been moved to the end of the season. Which is normally the Wild card weekend. Week 3 games now become the week 2 fixtures. They have kept it a 16 game season so each team would still get their 8 home matches instead of some teams getting 8 home matches and others 7, which would be the case in a 15 game season.

As far as the playoffs goes they still haven't deceided what to do with them. At this stage it looks like the are going to stick with the 6 divisional winners and 6 wild card places format. But it looks like they might consider having the playoffs over 3 weeks instead of 4. I just don't know why the Super Bowl can't be moved a week back and not have the pro bowl this year.

Originally posted by Arch
dont they normally have a week off before the SB is played ??? Why not just dispense with that and play the playoffs as normal ???
:confused:

Arch, They normally do have a week off before the SB. I know a couple of years ago they had the SB the week after the Conference Championship games without having a week off, I'm not sure if that was the case again this season. I know the playoffs started on New Years eve last season and this season they were going to start on January 6 and with the SB being the last Sunday in January that would suggest that there was not going to be a weeks break between the Championship games and the SB. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Originally posted by carb70
As far as the playoffs goes they still haven't deceided what to do with them. At this stage it looks like the are going to stick with the 6 divisional winners and 6 wild card places format. But it looks like they might consider having the playoffs over 3 weeks instead of 4. I just don't know why the Super Bowl can't be moved a week back and not have the pro bowl this year.

The problem with putting the SuperBowl a week back is that in that particular week there is a huge auto show happening at the Superdome in New Orleans. Thus, it has to be kept at the same date.

Originally posted by Same Old's

The problem with putting the SuperBowl a week back is that in that particular week there is a huge auto show happening at the Superdome in New Orleans. Thus, it has to be kept at the same date.

C'mon Same Old's, we are talking about the SB here. The biggest event in the US, I understand that the NFL want's to play the SB that weekend and no auto is going to stop it. I would think the Superdome would go with the NFL on this issue, rather than lose the prospect of hosting another SB. Anyway there are plenty of other staduims that could host it.

Superbowl Feb 3?

Just got this off ESPN website.

'The Super Bowl probably will be delayed a week and will be moved if a schedule change in New Orleans can't be arranged, NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue said Sunday.

"I think it's very likely that it will be Feb. 3 instead of Jan. 27, in one way or another," Tagliabue said during halftime of the Giants-Chiefs game he attended in Kansas City. "I believe we'll be able to pick up the week that we've lost and play the entire postseason schedule."

Tagliabue said New Orleans remained the NFL's top choice but the league was prepared to move if need be.'

Re: Who do go for in the nfl?

Pittsburgh Steelers. Passionate fan since 1987. Saw a Wildcard game between Oilers and Steelers in 1987 and #26 was makin' amazing defensive plays then in OT, #26 took the pick from Warren Moon that led to a Gary Anderson FG. Thanx to Rod Woodson, I'm a Steeler fan and the rest is history. Will be going to Canton as a Steelers player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other BF NFL Supporters List (2001-06)

Back