Team You Support?

• From AFC

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • From NFC

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Anyone follow da Bears?

Bears to have a Superbowl hangover. Like Seattle, won't struggle, but won't be as good as they were in 06.

I agree when you consider the Bears have a TESTING schedule that kickstarts with a first up visit to sunny San Diego, mid-season trip to Philly, drop into the Black Hole in Oakland, @ Seattle, a visit from the Broncos and still have to shake out another 5-1 record against divisional foes. 11 wins is a Division title/ play-off berth in the NFC North. That's 2 less than last year and I suspect the trip to Seattle mid-season will determine whether either team is going to be pushing for the home field advantage in the Wild-Card round with this result from Week 11.

(I know I THick Black Lined Seattle....just see the Rams as a serious title contender in the NFC West and San Fran/ Arizona are on the UP).

Bears are gonna be strong NFC Championship contenders. Bookmark it.

I know history suggests the SB losers don't rebound well, and that SB winners CAN repeat, but I think the Bears are going to hold steady, and Grossman will play a decent part in that. He looks really good at the moment. Olsen interchanged in and out often will become a dangerous component. Grossman to Olsen.

Indy CAN push hard for AFC crown as well, Peyton's relief of 2006 will make him a more astute QB (if thats possible), not huge numbers like breaking records, just better.

But I think the Jags are set for winning that division and taking it all the way. Really big on the Jags this year. All you gamblers would do worse than to ignore the Jags.

Bears are gonna be strong NFC Championship contenders. Bookmark it

Indy CAN push hard for AFC crown as well, Peyton's relief of 2006 will make him a more astute QB (if thats possible), not huge numbers like breaking records, just better.

But I think the Jags are set for winning that division and taking it all the way. Really big on the Jags this year. All you gamblers would do worse than to ignore the Jags.

Yup, right on the mark g.g. with the Jags. NFL.com Chief Editor, VC, has written off the Jags...:eek: The Bears have the stranglehold on the division but they either NEED to match that 13-3 regular reason or face serious questions by all n' sundry. I sense that the season opener @ sunny San Diego will tell us whether they can pledge themselves as the NFC Benchmark...a close game or UPSET win will only get my attention..

Yup, right on the mark g.g. with the Jags. NFL.com Chief Editor, VC, has written off the Jags...:eek: The Bears have the stranglehold on the division but they either NEED to match that 13-3 regular reason or face serious questions by all n' sundry. I sense that the season opener @ sunny San Diego will tell us whether they can pledge themselves as the NFC Benchmark...a close game or UPSET win will only get my attention..

Vic is a loon. He often shows himself to be a poor predictor of stuff during th Ask Vic segments. They should take that spot off him imo. Ask Woodson would be better.

I've penciled in Bears to beat the Chargers. Not at all unreasonable.

I've penciled in Bears to beat the Chargers. Not at all unreasonable.

WOW!!! That's a gutsy call g.g. I'm mulling and looking at where the SD can trip over this year and you've pulled the Red Carpet on them already in home opener. If there is ONE poster that has truly made NFL Thread talk a MUST READ, it's you mate.. killing it. :thumbsu: :cool: Danielz is clearly your understudy.

WOW!!! That's a gutsy call g.g. I'm mulling and looking at where the SD can trip over this year and you've pulled the Red Carpet on them already in home opener. If there is ONE poster that has truly made NFL Thread talk a MUST READ, it's you mate.. killing it. :thumbsu: :cool: Danielz is clearly your understudy.

I don't know about that last bit. Check Danielz' sig. Them are fighting words. But when the Woodson betting thing kicks off watch me bet hard on the Bears in that game.

I don't know about that last bit. Check Danielz' sig. Them are fighting words. But when the Woodson betting thing kicks off watch me bet hard on the Bears in that game.

Should be 'greatest understudy' on BF. :)

Seattle returned and were very gallant in defeat to the Bears (that 3rd & long from Grossman was the clincher).

NFC North has bear paw marks all over it. Lock 'em in for a play-off return. :thumbsu:

Expect our resident BF Bear fans to come out of hybernation any day now.

Am I allowed to post?, or will you just bring up the Bettis touchdown again which happend how long ago? :p

Seattle surely did have us on the back-foot, no reason why we won't return to the playoffs, I expect Grossman to be more consistent.

While I'll be cheering for the mighty Bears again (I can still remember 1985 like yesterday) and one says that offense wins games and defence wins championships, I doubt that the Bears will have a real shot at the title unless they manage to recruit a decent quarterback (Sav Rocca would probably be a better choice than Rexi !).

Am I allowed to post?, or will you just bring up the Bettis touchdown again which happend how long ago? :p

bettisoverurlacherphoto_med.jpg

There you go DaSawx. Fresh consolidated memory if there ever was one when a Steelers fan thinks of da Bears.... :D ;)

But I'm glad you're back. Where's DonAce?? Interested in joining the BF NFL gang in the Tipping Comp engineered thru the net which means you can tip right up until kick-off??

I’m here, just don’t post much in the off-season.

Bears are looking good. All of the key starters returned for another crack, and a few key additions (Olsen, Walker, Archuleta) off-set the loss of Thomas Jones and a handful of situational players.

On the defensive side it’s all rosy, Tommie Harris and Mike Brown are fit and firing. Lance Briggs decided $10 million was too much to pass up for a season and decided to join the party as well. The rest of the unit just keeps on rolling on.

On offence the biggest change is the Jones to Benson switch, but with the money he’s on he had to start. We’ll see a make or break contract year for Rex behind an intact offensive line and with the best receiving talent he’s had yet (Moose, Berrian, Olsen).

Devin Hester remains the wildcard, and seeing him get snaps on O should be interesting if nothing else. Will also be interesting to see the new defensive coordinator and if he brings any changes.

Whether things go well or the Bears crumble, who knows, but this is still a good football team. I daresay the fate of the team hangs on Benson and Grossman carrying the offensive load, because the defence will be good regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Bears fan.

Two things worry me about this year's team and they're two big pieces: Rex and Cedric.

The D really saved Rex's blushes a lot last year and scored points in games when Rex wasn't always shining. Big questions still over him.

Clearly, Cedric's gotta step up with Jones out of town. Not convinced on him either. Jones was a very under-rated player.

D will be rock solid as always. That's half the battle won right there I suppose.

Re: BigFooty NFL Poll: Most supported Team (NFC)

48 Years Old. Incredible.

Don't forget our own George Blanda....

Blanda finished his 26 NFL seasons having completed 1,911 of 4,007 pass attempts for 26,920 yards and 236 touchdowns. Blanda also holds the NFL record for most interceptions thrown: 277. He rushed for 344 yards and 9 touchdowns on the ground, kicked 335 of 641 field goals, and 943 of 959 extra points, giving him 2,002 total points. Additional stats include 1 interception, 2 kickoff returns for 19 yards, 22 punts for 809 yards, and 23 fumble recoveries.
Blanda holds the following NFL records:
  • Most seasons played: 26 (1949-58, 1960-75)
  • Most extra points made (943) and attempted (959)
  • Most interceptions thrown, single season: 42 (1962)
  • Most interceptions thrown, career: 277
  • Oldest person to play in an NFL game: 48 years, 110 days
  • First player ever to score over 2,000 points
  • Oldest quarterback to start a title game
He is the placekicker on the All-Time All-AFL Team, and was one of only 20 players to play all ten years of the AFL, as well as one of only three who were in every AFL game their teams played. Blanda was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1981, his first year of eligibility, and also was inducted into the University of Kentucky Hall of Fame.
Blanda held the record for most professional football games played with 340 until September 26, 2004, when it was broken by another placekicker, Morten Andersen. Blanda is currently third in career points scored, ranking behind the aforementioned Andersen and fellow placekicker Gary Anderson. It should be noted that this category doesn't count the many passing touchdowns that Blanda threw, only his kicks and his nine rushing touchdowns.
In 1999, he was ranked number 98 on The Sporting News' list of the 100 Greatest Football Players.

The NFL actually has quite a longer age span, no matter the position, compared to other sports.

Re: BigFooty NFL Poll: Most supported Team (NFC)

G'day Guys

never posted here before, but now the NFL season is up and running again, i thought i would stop by.

Huge Green Bay fan here!

kept calling for Favre to retire after last season...thank goodness he didn't :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Other BF NFL Supporters List (2001-06)

Back