Other BF NFL Supporters List and Survey (2007-09)

Level of NFL Support

• High

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Often

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Seldom

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BigFooty NFL Survey

Considering this poster is a 'BF newbie' may well be a long time fan.. ;) Benefit of the doubt Manureid. It's the one's with the longer BF history' that you can be picked apart. Not having their NFL team listed also can be a DEAD GIVEAWAY. :p

Haha, yeh, i was being a little bit 'tongue in cheek' towards 'Son of Shagga' who was just the first unfortunate new poster who happened to be in the 'final 4'! He may be a long time fan, or just luckily jumped on at the right time for the dirty birds? Although i am awaiting the rush of 'new' fans as is usual once the 2 Supabah teams are decided!

I think it's fine having bandwagoners, or newbies who suddenly "have a team" around this time of year. The more gridiron fans and posters the better! And people have gotta start somewhere! Plus, this is Australia, where it's not cultural to even know about gridiron let alone have a team. So people are gonna have to start by picking teams who are good and in the news a lot.

Tho it would be nice to have a Lions fan or two!

Yeh, always good to have new posters. It is the ones like last year (I think it was 'AndSmithMustScore' or something, who was suddenly trolling all the threads as a 'Pats' fan who shat a few people off.

Yeh, always good to have new posters. It is the ones like last year (I think it was 'AndSmithMustScore' or something, who was suddenly trolling all the threads as a 'Pats' fan who shat a few people off.

The 'Celtic thing' also loaded up on used syringes in the Boston alley scheme of things. Anyone seen/ heard from those humbled Charger fans lately??

Re: HERE IT IS....BF NFL Supporters Updated List 08/09

I thought that was.....;);) who used Asif to get on the BF NFL register as a Buc?

I 'once considered' :eek: doubling up as a Chiefs fan so GG could feel my 'AFC West wrath' but thank god for 11sjw. Saved that 'guise as he'll soon find a way to turn the screws on his AFC West buddies. BigMicka can be feisty & we all know how wunderfool, dspeed, can be on occassions. ;)

You'll be the first and only thanking the maker for me Woodson!

No he is

Gary-Glitter2.jpg
:D

Seriously though he has been mia a bit during the games,not that I expect everyone to be up at 3am or what ever it is.

Ahhh, I think you were the only one who truly appreciated my gg=Gary Glitter gag from many moons ago Galactic. Works well in pictorial form as well!! :thumbsu:

Ill give this a shot....

Favourite team?
Jacksonville Jaguars

Other teams you like?
Arizona Cardinals, Minnesota Vikings,Miami Dolphins

Least favourite teams?
New England Patriots, Philly Eagles

Favourite players from your team?
MJD n Rashean Mathis

Favourite players from other teams?

Troy Polamalu, Larry Fitzgerald, Ed Reed, DRC, Ronnie Brown, Adrian Peterson

Least favourite players?
Tom Brady, Donovan McNabb

Favourite NFL moment?
Jacksonville's dismantling of Miami 62-7 in 1999 AFC divisional playoff game (was the first game i ever saw)

Least favourite NFL moment?
Seeing the Patriots win all those Superbowls :(
Player you would most like to meet?
Adrian Peterson, Peyton Manning, T.O( just for the experience :p)

Coach / administrator / broadcaster etc. you would most like to meet?
Jack Del Rio (for the fashion tips) and Bill Parcells

Favourite team uniform?
The All Black Jaguar uniform is my fave, but from the others id say the Saints or Raiders

How did you start following the NFL?
Madden 99

What do you enjoy most about the NFL?
Hard Hits and how incredibly complex the game actually is wen u learn more about it i.e. all the different schemes, audibles, playbooks that the guys have 2 learn.

What NFL gear do you own?
Jerry Rice and T.O. 49'r Jerseys.

Have you been to an NFL game?
I Wish..

Who will win the 2008 Superbowl?
Heart says Cards but Head says Steelers

Which team is a sleeping giant, and will explode next season?
Houston Texans

Re: HERE IT IS....BF NFL Supporters List (08/09)

so do i get a prize?;)

i'd like to thank my mother, my agent, Donovans' mother for the lunches & last but not least, Randall for making me a true believer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome onboard the BF forum Hlebalicious. You're the third Jags fan onboard who posts. Hopefully you'll be a regular and enjoy being part of the Best Board on BF bar none. Heaps to get involved in with... cash prizes on offer :) and definately amazing banter that will also increase your knowledge of the game.

Thanks for the welcome, im glad to be on board :D.

I definetly plan on posting more even though the season is coming to a close...im sure the next few weeks and the offseason will provide many things to talk about. Happy im not the only Jags supporter tho, at least i wasnt the only one lamenting a piss poor season this year.

i think as beta league champion i atleast deserve an *

Noted.. for September update. Hopefully you'll wanna be bolded as well. ;)

Re: HERE IT IS....BF NFL Supporters List (08/09)

I'm bolded .. I just need that bloody asterisk .. :p:D

Fetch yourself a good Fantasy Football manager.. that's just making sure you've got team and a spokesman who accepts all responsibilites while you sleep.

I've left a couple replies on other threads, but just saw this. Here goes:

Favourite team?
Philadelphia Eagles

Other teams you like?
Minnesota Vikings, Tenneesee Titans, Atlanta Falcons & any team Randy Moss plays for

Least favourite teams?
Indianapolis Colts, Dallas Cowboys & New York Giants

DeSean Jackson, Brian Dawkins & Sav Rocca

Randy Moss, Troy Polamalu, Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, LenDale White & Joey Porter

Least favourite players?
Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Tony Romo,

Favourite NFL moment?
Watching Donovan McNabb escape the Dallas pass-rushers for approx 15 seconds in a game in dallas a few years ago and then hit Todd Pinkston (i think?) with a long bomb for a TD (i think ?).

Watching the Patriots beat the eagles in the SB.

Randy Moss, Terrell Owens or Ocho Cinco.

John Madden

Favourite team uniform?
Black eagles jersey. Bengals uniform

Remember watching a game for first time in Thailand at 3am in the morning. Turned TV on and saw the eagles playing. Saw they had a black QB and thought he was breakin down the racial QB barriers. Decided I'd go for them. Stoopid reason, but I luv 'em

The massive hits. The crazy names (D'Brickashaw & Flozell). The tactics and strategy on each single play. The massive passes downfield.

Err...I have a ball which I throw round heaps. I'm ordering a jersey when the dollar is better value.

No, but I'll get to Lincoln Financial Field one day

Arizona Cardinals. 2009 Superbowl - Eagles. 2010 Superbowl - San Diego

New Orleans Saints or Oakland Raiders

Favourite team?
Baltimore Ravens

Other teams you like?
I don't really love any other teams

Least favourite teams?
Cowboys, Broncos

Lewis, Flacco, Reed, McClain

Troy Polamalu, McNabb, Welker, LT

Least favourite players?
Cutler, Heines Ward, Romo

Favourite NFL moment?
Besides the Ravens superbowl win, the Patriots loss last season

When Brady did his knee I was a bit disgruntled, as many I knew were celebrating, which I thought was bad taste.
Otherwise, many evens last season made me unhappy. From the near loss to the Patriots to being the Dolphins only scalp.

Ray Lewis, Brett Favre

Id get some insight from Bill Belichick I think

Favourite team uniform?
I love the Ravens purple/all Black as well. Otherwise, I'm not too sure

I am a dual American/Australian citizen and as such took interest

I figure If I'm going to thoroughly enjoy a different code to AFL then its going to be entirely different. I like the tactics, the drama of the game and how their seems to be so many big moments

a few Baltimore tidbits and recently a Flacco jersey

Nah. I grew up in Maryland before the Ravens were around and the Redskins games were always sold out. Recently I came back to America and was in San Fran for a couple weeks. I had a chance to see the 49ers play the Jets but decided to pass as a friend was going to take me to the Raiders/Patriots game the next week, but I had to move out to Colorado and couldnt go. I will certainly catch a couple games next season.

Who will win the 2009 Superbowl?
I would like the Cardinals to win it but I think it might be the Steelers

If the Eagles can get a few minor roster changes then I think they could be dominant. Otherwise, the Patriots I think will go back to being a force and maybe the Broncos depending on how McDaniels goes and if he can sign a few big names on defence

I've posted on a few other forums but gonna give this a whirl

Favourite team
New England

Other teams you like?
San Francisco, Denver

Least favourite teams?
NY Jets

Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Randy Moss, Jerod Mayo

Patrick Willis, Ed Reed, Calvin Johnson

Least favourite players
Peyton Manning (because hes so good), Joey Porter, Ray Lewis

Favourite NFL moment
Vinatieri's game winning field goal SB 36

Least favourite NFL moment
Eli Manning's pass to wide open Plaxico Burress after Ellis Hobbs decided to play no coverage. Also David Tyree's helmet catch after Eli Manning was not brought down by Jarvis Green was heartbreaking too

Player I would most like to meet?
Current player would be Tom Brady, ex-player would be Joe Montana

Favourite team uniform?
The old 49ers uniform

It is the game in which you can actually say strategically it is a thinking game. Although athletic ability is a factor, it is the thinking man's game. Good coaches can win games with sub-par talent, strategically it is the most fascinating game in the world.

A Pats jersey with Welker on the back

Unfortunately have not had the pleasure of watching an NFL game live, hopefully will get to watch one at the end of this year when I holiday in the states

The Arizona Cardinals, 2009 Superbowl to the New England Patriots

I'm going to keep and eye out for the 49ers, Green Bay are teams who will make the biggest jump. Teams to challenge for the SB but are on the fringe now would be the Redskins, the Texans.

Favourite team?
Pittsburgh

Other teams you like?
I don't mind the Iggles and the 49ers (as a Notre Dame fan, I love Montana), plus hope the Texans do well

Least favourite teams?
Usual suspects - Dallas, NE, Baltimore, Cincy, Cleveland don't really worry me
though

Hines Ward, Troy Polamalu, Heath Miller, Deshea Townsend

Peyton Manning, Andre Johnson, Brian Dawkins, Ed Reed (I hate the team but respect the player)

Least favourite players?
TO, TJ Whosyamomma (wiping his shoe on the TT in 2005), Reggie Bush, Matt Hasselbeck

Favourite NFL moment?
Immaculate Reception, but that was way before my time, so probably Randle El to Ward in SB 40 - aka zero strong z short fake toss 39 x reverse pass for any Steelers fans out there! Also, not an actual game moment, but when Franco Harris walked out befor SB 40(when they presented the SB MVPs) and pulled the towel out and waved it with all the Steeler fans, that sent the hairs on the back of the neck straight up.

Probably the second AFC championship loss to the Patriots. It just felt like it was our turn, even with a rookie qb, and especially after the season we'd had. In the first loss, the Patriots were at least a good story.

Troy Polamalu - seems to have had an interesting life, also Peyton Manning - seems pretty funny.

Coach Tomlin of course, as well as Coach LeBeau, who could teach so much and Ernie Accorsi, who would have a heap of great stories to tell.

Favourite team uniform?
Colts and Steelers

First stumbled on the league on a video I had taped. I had taped basketball back in 90/91, and after watching the game, I left the video running. Somehow there was an NFL program after it (the one on the ABC hosted by Don Lane). The sport seemed so different and I got curious. I was heavily into the NBA at the time and used to buy a lot of US sports magazines, so I started buying multisport magazines with my pocket money (I was only young). I then learnt plays from Madden 93, and then I started buying Football Digest (was a great little magazine) and I learnt a lot.

The spectacle, the hits, blitzes, the beauty of the long forward pass to a receiver downfield, and the way a game can totally change in a matter of seconds

Clothes wise, a 'Bus' Jersey, Steelers hat, Steelers SB champions and 75th anni hats and t-shirts and, of course, a terrible towel. Also have an Oilers hat (loved the colours and the logo) and a bit of Notre Dame Stuff. Also about 30-40 books and DVDs on the NFL and the teams as well as a number of SB game programs.

No , unfortunately. Hopefully soon though!

Steelers

Tempted to say Texans but I think the division is too tough, so maybe a Bay Area revival with the Raiders and 49ers.

the regs know that ive been posting around here for several years, but i never did get around to contributing to the survey. so..................

Favourite team?
New York Jets

Other teams you like?
Raiders, Niners

Least favourite teams?
Dolphins, Patriots, Giants, Cowboys, Bills, Colts

not many to be honest! prolly revis, washington and jenkins at the mo.

Polamalu, Ed Reed, Dawkins, Bob Sanders (can you notice a pattern), Nmandi Asomugh, Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Frank Gore.........

Least favourite players?
the rest of them?? i dont hate any players as such.

Favourite NFL moment?
Monday night Miracle.......Oct 23, 2000 at the meadowlands........Jets vs Dolphins........Vinny Testaverde engineers a 4th qtr comeback after being at a 7-30 deficit at the end of the 3rd to defeat its greatest division rival in OT, 40-37. Arnold Schwarzenegger, was visiting the ABC broadcast booth at halftime, and said, "Wayne Chrebet will catch a pass and the Jets will win. They're a great team.” Chrebet caught a pass in the 4th quarter for a touchdown, and the team completed the comeback afterwards.

frustrating: AFC Championship game loss against the Elway-led Denver at the old mile high in 1999.
gut-wrenching: AFC divisional playoff game against the steelers at Heinz field in 2004.

Ray Lewis

John Madden

Favourite team uniform?
Raiders

Blame Don Lane's late night highlights show

the outrageous athleticism & the strategy and tactics. it's gladitorial, it's war.

None.......had a NYJets cap back in the 90s but lost it at the beach back in the 90s too. im not that big on sports merchandise. i do own a helmet, pads, jersey, girdle, etc, but they're not 'NFL' gear.

EDIT - purchased a Tee at the coliseum when i attended the Raiders/Cardinals preseason game in 07. it's all black with 'RAIDERS FOOTBALL' emblazoned across it in that recognisable college/American/football font which i tend to wear only to the weight room.

pre-season game between the raiders and cardinals at the Oakland colesium in Aug 2007.

Steelers or Cardinals ;)

Niners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back