Fantasy BFFFL-1 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: BigFooty Fantasy Football League

g.g., i like your idea of a 48 hour period but even that is very hard to organise, people have so much going on that to find a time for 12 people is hard, weekends are usually full of people doing stuff, as is during the week, a 48 hour period would actually require a pick every 12 minutes which is unlikely, so i think we just have to take the risk and start soon, most of th top picks are fairly certain and stable picks, it may affect some later picks more but that is where some skill and predicitions may come useful

so as far as i am concerned, CONS_SS is on the clock...

g.g., i like your idea of a 48 hour period but even that is very hard to organise, people have so much going on that to find a time for 12 people is hard, weekends are usually full of people doing stuff, as is during the week, a 48 hour period would actually require a pick every 12 minutes which is unlikely, so i think we just have to take the risk and start soon, most of th top picks are fairly certain and stable picks, it may affect some later picks more but that is where some skill and predicitions may come useful

so as far as i am concerned, CONS_SS is on the clock...
Agree - start now, someone could get injured now or they could get injured on the first play of week 1. it just adds to the gamble you take with some players

Lets stretch this baby out... realistically until August we dont have a great deal to talk about and still all that is airy fairy until the season proper starts.. lets just work through this... we can yak about players drafted as we go, etc... I'm already pretty well organised.

Could I propose that we award points for kick and punt return yardage? In a league with 12 teams and up to 4 starting WR's a team I think this could be a very handy change.

I'd propose that say.... for every 25 yards = 1 point?

ie. the good kick returners got 1,000-1,300yds last year, and between 250-350yds for punt returns.

This way these players hold value, you cant award too many points because they may also have receiving duties as well which would point there score thru the roof... but at most these type of players only catch 20-40 balls a year for say 400 yds....

The only issue I see is the returners who dont play WR or RB (ie. Hester as a CB).... we could either ban non-WR/RB returners... or include these on the rare occasion they want to include them (this would prob be the only player)

Could I propose that we award points for kick and punt return yardage? In a league with 12 teams and up to 4 starting WR's a team I think this could be a very handy change.

I'd propose that say.... for every 25 yards = 1 point?

ie. the good kick returners got 1,000-1,300yds last year, and between 250-350yds for punt returns.

This way these players hold value, you cant award too many points because they may also have receiving duties as well which would point there score thru the roof... but at most these type of players only catch 20-40 balls a year for say 400 yds....

The only issue I see is the returners who dont play WR or RB (ie. Hester as a CB).... we could either ban non-WR/RB returners... or include these on the rare occasion they want to include them (this would prob be the only player)
not a bad idea, but maybe a bit difficult to implement, also have to take into account the limits on free leagues and their settings, not sure if ESPN allows this sort of thing, and as you said with the non-offensive returners it couldnt be done as they would not be in the player pool

PS on a side note the bears have said Hester will be taking snaps at WR this year and used in a variety of ways including as the slot WR, single WR in a two TE package, in the backfield in a two back set and also maybe even as the lone back, they want to utilise his skills with ball in hand more

not a bad idea, but maybe a bit difficult to implement, also have to take into account the limits on free leagues and their settings, not sure if ESPN allows this sort of thing, and as you said with the non-offensive returners it couldnt be done as they would not be in the player pool

PS on a side note the bears have said Hester will be taking snaps at WR this year and used in a variety of ways including as the slot WR, single WR in a two TE package, in the backfield in a two back set and also maybe even as the lone back, they want to utilise his skills with ball in hand more

Why dont they just make him a WR? haha... how do they go about that conversion... I guess he was drafted as a CB so that sticks a while but at some point it would seem he would = WR...?

Dont know if those classifications are official... I guess it just gets listed on the depth charts and roster sheets sent out by teams.

Its up to you... I think most of the fantasy football sites allow for this if you give return yards a value.

I just had 5-10 players in mind who could fill a bench spot/4th receiver spot if it came to that.

Yeh, start away I reckon. It seems so long until the season starts, I agree, we can drag it out a bit and it keeps a bit of interest as we await the season.

Go to it CON_SS!!

Lets just do it for them (jokes)

1. CONS_SS - L.Tomlinson
2. dspeed - L.Johnson
3. Jeff_Dunne - S.Jackson?

your up manureid, haha
i would actuallybe going a different route danielz!

i would actuallybe going a different route danielz!

OOoooo exciting... looks like one of the big two fall to Jeff...?! haha... whats the chances they fall to pick 11?

OOoooo exciting... looks like one of the big two fall to Jeff...?! haha... whats the chances they fall to pick 11?
because i am pick 2 probably doesnt matter what i say but i feel that Johnson may struggle this year, he should do well as they will rely heavily on him but that reliance will also mean teams stack 7 and 8 in the box, huard doesnt inspire alot of confidence in me and i thinking of looking elsewhere, in particular to a guy that actually beat LJ in fantasy last year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

because i am pick 2 probably doesnt matter what i say but i feel that Johnson may struggle this year, he should do well as they will rely heavily on him but that reliance will also mean teams stack 7 and 8 in the box, huard doesnt inspire alot of confidence in me and i thinking of looking elsewhere, in particular to a guy that actually beat LJ in fantasy last year!

Who was that, Gore, Jackson or something? I tend to agree but its also a hard pick to let go of purely because yes he will get the carries... and he will get the red-zone rush attempts. But totally agree and I 'may' have considered the same things.... but prob fell back on the safe pick

Who was that, Gore, Jackson or something? I tend to agree but its also a hard pick to let go of purely because yes he will get the carries... and he will get the red-zone rush attempts. But totally agree and I 'may' have considered the same things.... but prob fell back on the safe pick
my man is jackson, he outscored Johnson last year (albeit by 1 point), is a huge reciever threat which gives him big points and will not be focused on as much with the rams having bulger, holt, bruce, bennett, mcmichael and co. Also this is a keeper league, and Jackson turns only 24 in July, whilst Johnson turns 28 in November (on a side note, LT also turns 28 in June).

In terms of being a safe pick, i feel Jackson is actually safer as he doesnt have the wear and tear on the body (i realise LJ has only started since midway through the 2005 season, but still more wear on him), is in a team that i believe will be better this year and plays in a dome away from the elements which should help

Maybe we should lie low and not mention (LT....shhh) and maybe CONS_SS will pick Tony Romo at No 1?

He could fall to pick 4 then!:thumbsu:
lol, i am assuming of course CONS_SS takes LT, if not i am more then happy to snatch him! maybe if i keep showing the benefits of Jackson he will take him instead! :D

Can I trade up in the draft to get him then!! hahaha

No chance of LT ever falling past 1 or 2 (even that would be a bit of a shock) as he is a GUN Fantasy player at the moment. Looking forwward to this kicking off.

You are the man CONS_SS.......take LT off the board!

Maybe we should lie low and not mention (LT....shhh) and maybe CONS_SS will pick Tony Romo at No 1?

He could fall to pick 4 then!:thumbsu:
Hey, don't knock the Romo. He saved one of my fantasy teams last year.

I might even pick him at 3. :p

auto-draft option? not quite sure if your joking or not?

Just a reference to danielz post. :)

Where's CON_SS anyway? He's usually around the place.

I'm keen to get this happening. :thumbsu:

Just a reference to danielz post. :)

Where's CON_SS anyway? He's usually around the place.

I'm keen to get this happening. :thumbsu:
ah ok, yeh i am keen on getting going too, basically a formality with CONS_SS' pick, but hopefully he is around some time tonight

ah ok, yeh i am keen on getting going too, basically a formality with CONS_SS' pick, but hopefully he is around some time tonight

alright guys... about time for me to check off for the day. I'll be here first thing tomorrow morning to see how we have progressed. No rush really, i'm sure we will get some lag but i'm fine with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy BFFFL-1 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back