BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad loss for Cobras v Lakers on their home deck.
Looks like the wheels just can’t get turning at the Marsh this year. Shame after the way they finished off last season.

Last edited:

Another 5 goals for Braedan Kight yesterday, that’s 58 for the season. On track to be one of the best seasons of goal kicking we’ve had seen since Jordan and Matthew Sutton. Games against South, Marsh, Lakers to come.

What a star this bloke has been for the Ballarat footy league in recent years.

Bad loss for Cobras v Lakers on their home deck.
Looks like the wheels just can’t get turning at the Marsh this year. Shame after the way they finished off last season.
Yeah no good, need some recruits with some experience and bigger bodies.
Not looking good

Another 5 goals for Braedan Kight yesterday, that’s 58 for the season. On track to be one of the best seasons of goal kicking we’ve had seen since Jordan and Matthew Sutton. Games against South, Marsh, Lakers to come.

He's a freak, often putting Melton on his back.

McDougall at East having a fair season in front of goal aswell.

So the grand final remains at City Oval. Fancy having a ground & facilities like Mars Stadium and not using them…

Surely the league aren’t still shitty with North are they ?

Think we can cull the amount of contenders down from 5 to 3 now. North and Sunbury can’t win it or make the GF. Darley can probably only make it if they finish 3rd. Leaves Melton and East with Melton as raging favourites

Agreed, although East won't see Melton as raging favourites. I saw the Melton vs East game and acknowledge that East played very well to win a match of excellent standard. However, Melton did not appear to make any changes during the game to how they were structured or their tempo. I'm sure their match review highlighted the need to have alternate structures and styles for periods where the opposition has control.
If Melton remain healthy and in good form it's theirs to lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the grand final remains at City Oval. Fancy having a ground & facilities like Mars Stadium and not using them…

Surely the league aren’t still shitty with North are they ?

The thing is Mars is a great stadium but its a football and netball league. You actually have to leave the ground and walk across the carpark to watch the netball. At city oval you can watch bits of both at the same time.

Mars and city oval both have there pros & cons. Personally I think Eastern Oval is still the Best but can’t use it in September because of cricket nowadays.

Hopefully this year there is different clubs in the Senior netball & footy games which won’t seperate supporters because last years atmosphere was pretty dead. As everyone is more spread out at city oval compared to Mars.

Eastern or City Ovals are the best venues for the grand final. Have much better atmosphere and netball is close by too. Whilst Northern Oval has great facilities, it is a cold and soulless place to watch football.

Happy with the decision made to have it at City Oval again this year.

Think we can cull the amount of contenders down from 5 to 3 now. North and Sunbury can’t win it or make the GF. Darley can probably only make it if they finish 3rd. Leaves Melton and East with Melton as raging favourites

Melton are the best team in the league and should be favourites. I wouldn’t write off East or Sunbury as I think they can both challenge Melton if all falls their way. Melton are strong across the field and have excellent on ballers and forwards which can score heavily and quickly. I think that is a big advantage going into the remainder of the year.

I don't think it's been mentioned on here but the league has issued an apology to Sebas regarding suspending their u17s earlier this season.
There's a story about it on the Herald Sun site.

Didn’t the league make a mountain out of a molehill with this dragging on.

If there is wrong doing by a club, put your foot down straight away. Otherwise move on.

yep bravery comes in many forms. recall watching half a game years ago at sebastpol v melton south. freezing cold rained all day oval under water and the surrounds worse. left at half time as i had no vested interest and was as uncomfortable as id ever been at a local game. im told that oval has had work since which im sure the local users must appreciate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back