Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What really shits me about all this, is how weak our club looks by just letting the Herald Scum keep persecuting us for something that occurred 11 years ago. This is nothing but a vendetta by an eastern states rag (and i use the term literally because its not fit to read) which has gone on too long. Especially seeings as a Vic club that one the flag 2 years later had to have an injunction taken out on 8 players medical records to suppress the fact they'd tested positive to drugs. Our club needs to take a look at what can be done to sue these assholes for defamation as there has to be a statute of limitation on this stuff.

What really shits me about all this, is how weak our club looks by just letting the Herald Scum keep persecuting us for something that occurred 11 years ago. This is nothing but a vendetta by an eastern states rag (and i use the term literally because its not fit to read) which has gone on too long. Especially seeings as a Vic club that one the flag 2 years later had to have an injunction taken out on 8 players medical records to suppress the fact they'd tested positive to drugs. Our club needs to take a look at what can be done to sue these assholes for defamation as there has to be a statute of limitation on this stuff.

More than understand the frustration but no chance of law suit, as it's all factual, it's just a dead horse.

Best thing we can do is come out Sunday and completely stomp North in to the ground, full FTB mode and continue for another 24 games.

More than understand the frustration but no chance of law suit, as it's all factual, it's just a dead horse.

Best thing we can do is come out Sunday and completely stomp North in to the ground, full FTB mode and continue for another 24 games.

Yes but surely you cant keep dragging it up all the time without it becoming defamation or grounds for prosecution?

It's got to the point where Simmo etc should just refuse to answer any questions from Hun journos. Some sort of action like that to take a stand.

Hopefully they get dragged back to the Press Council as well, although last time the punishment was about as effective as a Zac Dawson kick.

Yes but surely you cant keep dragging it up all the time without it becoming defamation or grounds for prosecution?

Of course they can. There's nothing illegal about writing about this issue....ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

I do wish the club would grow some balls about how they tackle this though. The problem is the fool that let this get out of hand when it should've been ground out of the club is still in charge so its very hard for us to distance ourselves from that period.

Makes us look like a bunch of weak d**** corporate numpties. Screw your strong P&L, Balance Sheet, supporter base, community programs and onfield success. Get a bit of 10 year old scandal into ya! Oh look, Eagles administration, impotent as always. It's our kryptonite and will continue to be so until Nisbett is no longer at the club.

Tinfoil hat on. Makes me wonder whether there is some sort of powerplay at work here to oust Nisbett from his throne. Who has he pissed off? What has he not agreed to? Whose line is he not towing? He really is the only existing senior management link to that era. All this shit is nothing new, but geez we get held over a barrel often enough with this issue still to make the board wonder whether it might just be easier to let him go. That way they can PR the shit out of this by legitimately distancing themselves from the 'previous administration', which they just can't do at the moment.

I hope Simmo and the boys dismiss any questions on this with the contempt it deserves.

Tinfoil hat on. Makes me wonder whether there is some sort of powerplay at work here to oust Nisbett from his throne. Who has he pissed off? What has he not agreed to? Whose line is he not towing? He really is the only existing senior management link to that era. All this shit is nothing new, but geez we get held over a barrel often enough with this issue still to make the board wonder whether it might just be easier to let him go. That way they can PR the shit out of this by legitimately distancing themselves from the 'previous administration', which they just can't do at the moment.
He is one of the anti-academy for Sydney teams group which should make him buddy buddy with Eddie and enemy of GWS etc.
He is holding out on the stadium deal which won't be winning him friends in the govt.
Other than that there could be an east v west thing going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's nothing but a poorly veild attempt at being inclusive to interstate teams, with a bit of vitriol left in.

I hope the club responds by barring HUN journos. You can't be expecting players and those involved with the club to comment on this shit, when 80-90% of them weren't at the club. If they seriously expect that to happen I look forward to Jobe Watson Jr answering HUN questions about the ASADA investigation on them.

I also note in the "Report" that in one year of testing they mention, West Coast was the equal worst club for failed tests. So, who was the other club? No investigation into that by the Herald Sun or other papers? Serious f#wits.

Worth tweeting this at them as well FiveStrings

It's got to the point where Simmo etc should just refuse to answer any questions from Hun journos. Some sort of action like that to take a stand.

giphy.gif

Worth tweeting this at them as well FiveStrings

giphy.gif

Still waiting for them to respond to the first one.

I did think it was a bit similar to Trump. I suppose the difference is that it's one organization seemingly running a vendetta, vs nearly all the mainstream media organisations reporting on Trump. But the reasonableness will always be in the eye of the beholder I guess.

This is the kind of thing I'd expect from a Buckley or Hardwick rather than Simmo. Why stoop so low? It would only fuel the fire anyway.

End of the day, this will be news for a day or two and then the footy will take centre stage. The front page splash pissed me off too but the Hun can't keep drudging it up forever.

This is the kind of thing I'd expect from a Buckley or Hardwick rather than Simmo. Why stoop so low? It would only fuel the fire anyway.

End of the day, this will be news for a day or two and then the footy will take centre stage. The front page splash pissed me off too but the Hun can't keep drudging it up forever.
Encore edition when we are 12 and zip at the bye on top of the ladder perhaps?

How much is the Hun worth now? Considering how worthless most newspapers are we should just buy them out and shut the whole thing down. Maybe even grind up the buildings to use as road base at our new HQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back