Big Bad Bustling Tyrone Vickery

Remove this Banner Ad

Missed it last night. Just saw it.

He'll be fortunate not go straight to the tribunal. He'll want to hope they don't. The ex-players will view that as a deliberate act and he could go for 6.

3 - 6. And a very grumpy coach i would imagine.

In this case, No its not. If the Oxygen flow is stopped via choking or artery occlusion, then you would lose consciousness over a few seconds. Hence Brian Lake slowly causing unconsciousness to drew Petrie.
But if you bash someone, as in this instance, & cause a sudden violent shake/rotation to the head, then the brain gets smashed against the inside of the skull & goes into an immediate shock from an overload of neurons all firing off at once. Its a sudden shock to the central nervous system. It can cause a concussion & even permanent brain damage.
In either case its worth 4 weeks:D

Was going on the following doctor's explanation:
Rotary blows are probably the most serious type of acceleration blow. The head does just what it sounds like, rotates around from one side to the other, and frequently compress the carotid arteries (or arteries that run on either side of the neck). These are the same arteries that when compromised/blocked are frequently implicated in a stroke. A hook or roundhouse punch is the type causing head rotation. Its force and how well it connects will influence how serious the result will be. An upper cut to the chin, is the second type of acceleration blow. We’ve seen these from time to time when the boxer’s head moves straight up. The fighter will also go down, but this time the circulation to the back of the brain is temporarily compressed.

Still think connecting with Cox's head was unintended, but agree that Vickery couldn't complain with 4 weeks.

God help whoever he "intends" to hit then

Copped a body shot and I think he intended to give one back. Wasn't looking at his target, and it might be argued that his fist glanced off Cox's shoulder.

He threw a punch that knocked a bloke out and will have to wear the consequences. But as others have pointed out, Hall/Staker it wasn't.

G
Copped a body shot and I think he intended to give one back. Wasn't looking at his target, and it might be argued that his fist glanced off Cox's shoulder.

He threw a punch that knocked a bloke out and will have to wear the consequences. But as others have pointed out, Hall/Staker it wasn't.
gees it's funny, you sound like the hawthorn supporters a couple of weeks back!

But we all do it.

And yes Sharrod deserved the weeks he got, but by gees it's was a lovely launch job!

This guy is the biggest piss ant in the comp. Well known for failing to impose himself through his ability and going for the cheap shot instead. Hope the MRP nails him.

Hopefully none, because we shouldn't be condoning thuggery in the game. Let alone coward punches from behind.

How the **** do you not know where a 200cm+ bloke's chest is? Pretty obvious to me that he was trying to hit him in the face. And the elbow was bloody nothing, Vickery got straight back up after it.

Forwards and defenders do that plenty of times a game. If you find that an issue, go watch soccer
Have a look at the vision just before Cox gets hit, he bends forward at the hips to try and hold front position. That bend sees a hit high across the chest become a whack in the chops.

As I've said what Vickery ended up doing was wrong, what I believe he intended to do was right. Plenty of times I've seen ruckmen give the opposing ruckmen a similar clip when wrestling for position, was unfortunate that Cox got knocked out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a look at the vision just before Cox gets hit, he bends forward at the hips to try and hold front position. That bend sees a hit high across the chest become a whack in the chops.

As I've said what Vickery ended up doing was wrong, what I believe he intended to do was right. Plenty of times I've seen ruckmen give the opposing ruckmen a similar clip when wrestling for position, was unfortunate that Cox got knocked out.

HAHA. Yeah okey!

Vickery knew where he jaw was. I'll be disgusted if this is not deemed intentional, high and high impact. Should cop more then 3 weeks.

It was as blatant a punch to the face as we have seen in recent times.

Vickery knew where he jaw was. I'll be disgusted if this is not deemed intentional, high and high impact. Should cop more then 3 weeks.

He didn't look beforehand to line up Cox's head and he didn't look during the act. He does some stupid things, but he's not stupid enough to do that intentionally. Otherwise would deserve 5 or 6.

Vickery never once looked at where Coxs head was, he was focused on the ball. The fact that he hit him in the head and put him out of the game will ensure he gets at minimum 3 weeks.

The strange thing in all of this is everyone demanding Vickery gets 4-5 weeks yet when Merrett deliberately elbowed Swallow in the head he got 2 weeks from memory and he actually knew what he was going hit when he threw the elbow.

He didn't look beforehand to line up Cox's head and he didn't look during the act. He does some stupid things, but he's not stupid enough to do that intentionally. Otherwise would deserve 5 or 6.

Come on mate, take the supporter glasses off.

You don't need to look the guy straight in the face to know where his face is. Plus he is very well regarded in the boxing stakes. He knew where his face was and also had 'motive' because he copped a cheap one by Cox seconds earlier.

Wasn't a random act.

It was intentional.

Only question will be whether the MRP see it the same, which they probably won't.

The whole 'he was looking elsewhere' crap is simply dumb. These are professional athletes that know better then anyone how to use their peripheral vision.

The only real flaw in Vickery's execution is that he did it too early in the contest, he should've done it as the ball was closer.

Vickery never once looked at where Coxs head was, he was focused on the ball. The fact that he hit him in the head and put him out of the game will ensure he gets at minimum 3 weeks.

The strange thing in all of this is everyone demanding Vickery gets 4-5 weeks yet when Merrett deliberately elbowed Swallow in the head he got 2 weeks from memory and he actually knew what he was going hit when he threw the elbow.

Cool, so people can just walk down the street 'focus' on something else and whack a person and be excused.

The 'he was focussed on the ball' line is getting tired.

Come on mate, take the supporter glasses off.

You don't need to look the guy straight in the face to know where his face is. Plus he is very well regarded in the boxing stakes. He knew where his face was and also had 'motive' because he copped a cheap one by Cox seconds earlier.

Wasn't a random act.

It was intentional.

Only question will be whether the MRP see it the same, which they probably won't.

The whole 'he was looking elsewhere' crap is simply dumb. These are professional athletes that know better then anyone how to use their peripheral vision.

The only real flaw in Vickery's execution is that he did it too early in the contest, he should've done it as the ball was closer.

Yep he had motive and I agree that it was an intentional strike, but I honestly don't believe he meant to connect to the face. Look at trajectory of the swinging arm. Won't be surprised if Vickery argues his intention was to hit Cox across the chest and his arm glanced off Cox's shoulder. (And it wasn't a boxing punch.)

Vickery_zps25a670d1.jpg

He'll get what he's going to get. I'll cop anything up to 5 games (rest of the season). Four would be fair I think.

Yep he had motive and I agree that it was an intentional strike, but I honestly don't believe he meant to connect to the face. Look at trajectory of the swinging arm. Won't be surprised if Vickery argues his intention was to hit Cox across the chest and his arm glanced off Cox's shoulder. (And it wasn't a boxing punch.)

Vickery_zps25a670d1.jpg

He'll get what he's going to get. I'll cop anything up to 5 games (rest of the season). Four would be fair I think.

Well you might make a good defense lawyer.

It's really a poor defense anyway. Kind of like drink driving and doing damage, not many intend to harm.

That said, you swing your arm that hard, with a closed fist in the vicinity of someones face, then you deserve whatever you get.

Cool, so people can just walk down the street 'focus' on something else and whack a person and be excused.

The 'he was focussed on the ball' line is getting tired.
Did I say he should be excused? Nope I believe I said he should get at least 3 weeks.

Now take a look at the photo
Vickery_zps25a670d1.jpg

IMO Vickerys intention was to slug Cox in the chest in the ruck duel and get his revenge for the elbow that way. Cox as you can see is bent at the hips and Vickery is upright, Cox also has his arm up around shoulder height as Vickery swings his arm through. If Cox is upright and has his arm down it's unlikely IMO that Cox gets hit in the face, instead he probably cops a solid hit to the chest area and gets bowled out of the way in the contest.

Once again the fact that Vickery ended up missing his intended target and got Cox in the head will see him suspended for at least 3 weeks and rightly so.

Did I say he should be excused? Nope I believe I said he should get at least 3 weeks.

Vickery_zps25a670d1.jpg

IMO Vickerys intention was to slug Cox in the chest in the ruck duel and get his revenge for the elbow that way. Cox as you can see is bent at the hips and Vickery is upright, Cox also has his arm up around shoulder height as Vickery swings his arm through. If Cox is upright and has his arm down it's unlikely IMO that Cox gets hit in the face, instead he probably cops a solid hit to the chest area and gets bowled out of the way in the contest.

Once again the fact that Vickery ended up missing his intended target and got Cox in the head will see him suspended for at least 3 weeks and rightly so.

Pretty much what I think.

3 weeks- four if he's unlucky with carryover points

Vickery_zps25a670d1.jpg

Nah I disagree, but it's ok, I'm a nobody and neither are you.

Vickery got him fair in the chin. A professional cheap shot, not an accident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Bad Bustling Tyrone Vickery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back