Big Bad Bustling Tyrone Vickery

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't fight his way out of a brown paper bag. He can give it but can't take it

I've never seen him fight. Surprised to hear he is terrible if his old man is a boxing coach I would have thought he'd have a few tricks up his sleeve.
Do you have a link to some footage of Tyrone in a real fight?

2-3 weeks, kinda looked accidental and Vickery had his eyes on the football, Cox is a renowned faker.

Wow - he's the best faker in the world then. I mean he faked getting knocked out. Faked it when having to get hauled off the ground while not knowing where he was, faked having to get subbed out.

Give the man an Oscar already! When he commits to a role, he really commits.

Not at all.

Fact: Vickery should and will get weeks
Fact: Cox started it
Fact: Cheap shots like Cox's shouldn't be excused because of what happened afterward.
Fact: If Cox hadn't belted Vickery in the first place, I dealt any of this would've happened.

I'm not defending Vickery entirely. But if some bloke belts him in the breadbasket while he's not looking, he's entitled to give him one back. Like he did? Absolutely not. But you don't just belt a bloke like that and then cry foul when he gets you back.
So Vickery's defence on Monday night will be, "b-b-but he hit me first" :cry:

When I first saw it I thought is was an accidental blow as Vickery tried to swing/knock Cox out of the way by clubbing into his chest. Unfortunately Ty got him high and put him out of the game and it doesn't look great at all. Last night I thought he'd be missing the rest of the year, but I can see him getting 3 weeks now and a bit of a dressing down in private from Hardwick about how Vickery needs to learn not to react to things like what Cox did.

Richmond fans embarrassing themselves in here.

4 weeks.
Some are but I'd be more embarrassed if I compared it to Barry Hall's hit on Staker.
Not even in the same ballpark.

So you missed the bit where I said "Vickery should and will get weeks".
Why are you even bringing up Cox's hit on Vickery?

The tribunal aren't going to give a **** about it. Vickery's hit wasn't in self-defence. It was a dirty, thuggish revenge act.

Maybe you should go start a thread about how many weeks Cox should get then.

Yes, Cox is a six time AA because of his ability to dive and flail his arms. Seriously, get a grip.

Being an AA and being a diver ect is not mutually exclusive. At what point in my post did I discount him being a gun player?

It's ironic that most WC supporters have Scott as their avatar and are having a whinge on comparable levels.

Boooooooooo

Why are you even bringing up Cox's hit on Vickery?

The tribunal aren't going to give a **** about it. Vickery's hit wasn't in self-defence. It was a dirty, thuggish revenge act.

Maybe you should go start a thread about how many weeks Cox should get then.
Because people are carrying on like it was some out of the blue, unprompted, unprovoked hit. It wasn't.

Some irrational nellies in here.

Vickery will get weeks because he overreacted and got Cox in the jaw with a uncoordinated swing of the fist (think he was aiming for the chest)

Cox initiated the bad blood too, it wasn't out of the blue.

It wasn't even a proper punch! Hit the guy with his wrist, and then opens his hand. Yeah huge impact there! disgusting king hit???? hahaha. What the **** is wrong with you people? It's pretty hilarious to be honest.
So, he should be saved because of his own incompetence? Deliberate, high, high. You could possibly argue reckless but that's about all.
That said, Cox should probably get cited by the MRP as well. Deliberate, medium, body?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, he should be saved because of his own incompetence? Deliberate, high, high. You could possibly argue reckless but that's about all.
That said, Cox should probably get cited by the MRP as well. Deliberate, medium, body?

I know he will be cited. I'm just surprised at the moral outrage, do people just look for something to be outraged about?

Wow - he's the best faker in the world then. I mean he faked getting knocked out. Faked it when having to get hauled off the ground while not knowing where he was, faked having to get subbed out.

Give the man an Oscar already! When he commits to a role, he really commits.
He's a method actor, probably knocked himself out beforehand when no one was looking to use when Vickery hit him.

Yes, Cox is a six time AA because of his ability to dive and flail his arms. Seriously, get a grip.
Lloyd was a multiple AA and his career was built around diving and flailing his arms. ;)

What Vickery did was wrong in that he hit Cox in the jaw rather than the chest. If he did connect with his chest and not his jaw, there would be nothing done about it and most would have just passed it off as Vickery asserting himself physically, might have even drawn a free kick. I wonder just how different things would be if it was Cox or Nic Nat that had of clubbed Vickery or Maric like that. How many Eagles fans would be praising them for being hard and tough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Bad Bustling Tyrone Vickery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back