Big Footy Votes Round 16 vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 16 Votes - Essendon Vs Richmond

5. Zaharakis - Ignited us when he went into the midfield when we were looking ordinary. Becoming a very very good player.
4. Hurley - I don't think Jack is fit but he has such a presence even from the back line. Dead set has a crack and sets the tone every week.
3. McVeigh - Blanketed Nahas and used the ball beautifully. Played 4 quarters.
2. Stanton - run his heart out and laid 11 tackles. Underestimated player.
1. Crameri - give this guy some time with Darren Jarman to teach him how to kick, please. A special athlete though - magnificent speed and endurance and strength.

A fair few down, but Davey was important if not unspectacular, Hille had a presence, Fletch the usual and Pears just silk (and improving).

Re: Big Footy Votes Round 15

5. Stanton (Solid all night, been taking some responsibility these last few weeks and sticking it up the haters.)
4. Zaharakis (Did a lot of grunt work, particularly in the second half. A lot of those clearances had a bit of Ablett about them.)
3. Hurley (Best on first half, wasn't required to do much in the second when our midfield started to get on top. Smashed Reiwoldt, just reads the ball so well.)
2. Crameri (Strong presence up forward, works hard running back when we open up the forward line. Needs to work on his set shots though, really should have kicked five or six.)
1. Ryder (Didn't have a huge amount of possessions, but worked really well in the ruck and had a lot of hitouts to advantage. Zaharakis particularly benefitted from his work tonight.)

Heppell, Prismall and Hocking all had decent games, but were in and out of it a bit too much. Monfries and Fletch also solid games. Too many passengers for the majority of the game however.

Re: Rd 16 Votes - Essendon Vs Richmond

5- Hurley... team game and played on after HUGE hit to ribs... TOUGH!

4- Stanton.

3- Heppell

2- Prismall

1- Hocking

5. Hurley: Knew he was special when he marked on Tredrea. Now he's beaten JPod and Riewoldt. Hurley > Tippett.

4. Stanton: Run and spread. Delivery has improved and seems more confident. Stick it up 'em, Stants!

3. Crameri: Agree, Crameri's athleticism is exciting. A big bodied player and can crash packs, but also works hard off the ball and up the ground. Also agree he needs to be more accurate off the boot.

2. Zaharakis: Always seemed on when others had switched off.

1. Hocking: Again worked hard, and that mark was gold :thumbsu:

Apologies: Ryder (inconsistent, but great ruck work), McVeigh (bombing long still frustrates me when there looks to be other options on, otherwise a good game when he got going), Monfries unlucky, Pears unlucky, Heppell unlucky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Stanton - run his heart out and laid 11 tackles. Underestimated player.

According to multiple sources he actually laid 13.

For me;

5. Zaharakis - Provided good run and that goal got us going in the last quarter. Sparked the team and kicked them into gear.
4. Stanton - Appeared to not make as many mistakes as usual and was very good offensive and defensively. As I said, the 13 tackles were handy.
3. Hurley - Completely stuffed Riewoldt up. Held him to the single goal for the game and played through a tough injury which showed how good of a player he really is.
2. Crameri - Was really our only dangerous forward. Very, very good.
1. Heppell - Is there anythin this kid can't do? Out and out superstar, had a equal game-high in marks with 9 (tied with Cotchin) and his footskills were amazing.

Hocking, Davey and a few others unlucky to miss out.

Very happy with this effort. Keep it up boys. :thumbsu:

Bloody freezing at the G tonight and it looked a bit dicey in the 3rd quater when we were down 20 odd points but great win in the end and glad we still have a chance 2 play finals.

5 hurley
4 stants
3 monfries
2 Zaka
1 Crameri

5 Hurley

4 Stanton

3 Heppell

2 Cameri (please stay close to the goal square)

1 Hocking (Mark of the Year)

Well tonight proves my point we need a stay at home forward.

Bloody frustrating seeing our guys run though the middle and have no one leading to receive the kick.

5 Hurley

4 Stanton

3 Heppell

2 Cameri (please stay close to the goal square)

1 Hocking (Mark of the Year)

Well tonight proves my point we need a stay at home forward.

Bloody frustrating seeing our guys run though the middle and have no one leading to receive the kick.

Disagree on that one actually but here what your are saying. All this forward line is missing is a fit and firing Gumbleton or dare I say it Carlisle. With Hurley absolutely smashing it down back, a lead up forward is the missing key. Ryder/Hille should keep structure deep forward (Ryder needs to learn the art of pushing back and making space in front of himself like Hille does)

Disagree on that one actually but here what your are saying. All this forward line is missing is a fit and firing Gumbleton or dare I say it Carlisle. With Hurley absolutely smashing it down back, a lead up forward is the missing key. Ryder/Hille should keep structure deep forward (Ryder needs to learn the art of pushing back and making space in front of himself like Hille does)

You make a good point and really I am happy with the ground work we see from Crameri

The rest of your point is pretty much what I was pointing too. :thumbsu:

5. Fletcher - saved at least six goals tonight single-handedly.
4. Monfries - massive performance, battled all night and superb finishing.
3. Hurley - did the job better than most.
2. Stanton - must have had at least ten tackles.
1. Crameri - stood up (with Gus) when we needed to start capitalising on inside 50's.

5. Hurley
4. Stanton
3. Zaharakis
2. Crameri
1. Alwyn

Davey had his chasing speed back!

Houli stiff not to be in our best.

Hocking, mcveigh, Prismall & heppell stiff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Footy Votes Round 16 vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back