Remove this Banner Ad

junior27

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
IMO the following players may be the highest profile uncontracted players available come trade week. Taking into account the Hawks needs rate these players in order as to how they suit the Hawks along with any other realsitc trade targets. Feel free to add players as you go

I would go:

Cameron Bruce
Tim Notting
Mal Michael - wants to come back home, not sure of existing contract
Travis Johnstone
Brad Ottens (over rated IMO)
Mark Johnson - reportedly on the outed with Sheedy
Lance Whitnall

Other targets that are doubtfully available:

Daniel Bradshaw -from Wadonga could demand $$$, not sure of existing contract.

Luke Ball - would be great but doubt the Saints will let him go at any cost.

junior27 said:
IMO the following players may be the highest profile uncontracted players available come trade week. Taking into account the Hawks needs rate these players in order as to how they suit the Hawks along with any other realsitc trade targets. Feel free to add players as you go

I would go:

Cameron Bruce

So would I but I'd be trying pre-season no.2 selection if we can.

Tim Notting
Mal Michael - wants to come back home, not sure of existing contract

Notting will become more important to them now McRae has retired and bumped his value up as their 2nd best in y/days GF. Like him but would of gone after him a year or two ago. Michael has become a top full back but though Hay's injury prone we do have cover (well it's supposed to be cover) in Jacobs, Croad, Smith. Our problems (well.. the main ones) are middle and forwards. Rather someone younger too than Michael good as he is.

Travis Johnstone

God no, want off-field ill-disciplined talents OUT not in. Seems like we've already moved on a couple that couldn't cut the mustard in that regard, so Johnstone would be a huge backward step imo.

Brad Ottens (over rated IMO)

Straight swap (see other thread) for Everitt, otherwise avoid at all $$$$ costs.

Mark Johnson - reportedly on the outed with Sheedy

Small sniper b/p with poor disposal.. no.

Lance Whitnall

Depend of what they (Carlton) pick up on his contract, what we'd have to offer (and dream on if they even entertain the notion of 2 or 5, be 21 and mid-range player/s at best). Stocks have fallen dramatically over the last couple of seasons, has shown real talent so.. gamble. Probably avoid.

Other targets that are doubtfully available:

Daniel Bradshaw -from Wadonga could demand $$$, not sure of existing contract.

Lynch is gone.. Bradshaw will be getting his $$$ through what Lynch is no longer getting. Good swap for them too. He's going nowhere.

Luke Ball - would be great but doubt the Saints will let him go at any cost.

This bloke I'd offer up pick 5 for and think it'd be a bargin. 21, ten years left, Hawks supporter as a kid, great pedigree on AND off field, total stand out leader of the future all over him. Yea, I have been a proponent of never giving up early draft choices unless the deals to good to overlook.

Ball is to good to overlook. Don't know enough about any of Delidio, Griffin or Tambling but Ball.. geez i'd be tempted with that no.2 pick if 5 couldnt swing him.. mind you I sent tempted. Oh and thats one of the picks only, good as I believe him to be, no way would I trade both picks on any one player.. not even Twigleys boyfriend.

Pick 2 for Ball and throw in a player should be considered seriously. Ball is definitely worth pick 2. (nevertheless, he would not ditch a potential premiership side).

Bruce: No one in their right mind would trade any first round picks for him -- Can't see any adequate trade which Melbourne would accept.

Ottens for Everitt. Feasible however unlikely.

Witnall for a second rounder only

Bradshaw no chance with Lynch out

Mal Michael will play his career out at the Lions

Notting, would probably have to throw too much money at him. Not worth it

Johnstone: Maybe he needs another club, we've been linked with Johnstone for some time. Maybe Clarkson can have a positive effect on him, in terms of discipline etc. Worth looking at

Johnson: Never trust a Sheedy trade.

You would'nt swap picks 2 and 5 for Twigley's boyfriend?
How bout those two picks for her and her boyfriend?

In all seriousness I would'nt do that deal either as good as Judd is.
Pick 2, Hay and Williams as was originally put to the Eagles, well the only one we would miss out of that would be Hay.
Judd is special but to trade pick two and players the likes of Hay and a sweetener in Williams......I'm still undecided on that. Who's to say that Deledio or Griffen won't become another Judd, Hird or for that matter....who's to say that pick 70 won't!!!

Hird was picked up very very late (70's I think) and even Adam McPhee was swapped for pick 55 last year.

I now agree that Bradshaw will go nowhere....too important to the Lions with Lynch gone. May even be worth a wager on him to win the Coleman medal next year!!!

junior27 said:
You would'nt swap picks 2 and 5 for Twigley's boyfriend?
How bout those two picks for her and her boyfriend?

In all seriousness I would'nt do that deal either as good as Judd is.
Pick 2, Hay and Williams as was originally put to the Eagles, well the only one we would miss out of that would be Hay.
Judd is special but to trade pick two and players the likes of Hay and a sweetener in Williams......I'm still undecided on that. Who's to say that Deledio or Griffen won't become another Judd, Hird or for that matter....who's to say that pick 70 won't!!!

Hird was picked up very very late (70's I think) and even Adam McPhee was swapped for pick 55 last year.

I now agree that Bradshaw will go nowhere....too important to the Lions with Lynch gone. May even be worth a wager on him to win the Coleman medal next year!!!

alot has changed sice hird was picked up in the late rounds of the draft, the draft system is not an exact science but it has picked up since hird was drafted, the recruiters are more aware of whats out there.
mcphee was a great pick up. never thought hed turn out so good, fre didnt rate him but essendon sore something special in him.

junior27 said:

i think he was part of the headland 3 way deal, a bit hard to work out the exact pick he was rated at.

feher said:
i think he was part of the headland 3 way deal, a bit hard to work out the exact pick he was rated at.

Sheeds always pulls one out from left field.

I actually backed McPhee to win the brownlow this year (thought 200/1 was good odds in rnd 3)

Doesn't Symmonds or someone want to come back from Freemantle? I think we should try and recruit him for our forward line/ a bit of ruck.

W's Machines said:
Doesn't Symmonds or someone want to come back from Freemantle? I think we should try and recruit him for our forward line/ a bit of ruck.

Nahh, we need genuine/natural forwards not makeshift forwards like Thommo

Could you imagine the Hawks with a Lloyd/Tarrant/Bradshaw/Riewolt charging out from full forward.

Please note that is not to say that these guys are tradeable but we need someone of their calibre

Remove this Banner Ad

Big name trade targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back