BigFooty 2005 AFL Mega Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

Test yourself to see how well you do. Try to use your knowledge - this means no researching.

There are 25 questions. These questions are broken down in to three sections of difficulty: easy, medium, hard. For the easy questions, you receive one point for each correct answer. Two points for a medium question and three for a hard question.

Good luck.

Easy
1. Which player won the ANZAC Medal?
2. Which player’s smother ended Richmond’s Nathan Brown’s season?
3. Which player kicked the final goal of the season (Grand Final)?
4. Which player won the Grand Final sprint?
5. Which player won Goal of the Year?
6. Which player accumulated the most handballs during the regular season?
7. Steven King kicked three goals in 2005. He also kicked a player’s face, causing serious damage. Who was that player?
8. Which two brothers received Rising Star nominations?

Medium
9. In which round was Brett Deledio nominated for the Rising Star?
10. Which two teams played each other at Darwin’s Marrara Oval?
11. What was the highest goal tally by a player in a game? Who achieved it?
12. Which two Saints shared the honour of the Trevor Barker Medal?
13. Who were the two players who kicked winning goals after the siren?
14. Who said this? “I see it, but I don’t believe it?”
15. Who was the only team to win and lose games in excess of 100 points?
16. Who am I? I shared the honour of the J. J. Liston Medal. I made the move from Western Australia to Victoria at the end of 2004.

Hard
17. Who am I? I am the least experienced All-Australian squad member.
18. Which player kicked the first goal of the season?
19. Which team recorded the highest match score? What was that score?
20. Which two teams featured in the game with the lowest attendance?
21. Which team recorded the lowest match score? What was that score?
22. Who said this? "These blokes are meant to come from an independent board and I am hoping beyond hope the two chosen by the AFL were not two Sydney people...”
23. Who said this? “No way! He can top himself.”
24. Which two players accumulated the most clearances in the regular season?
25. Who am I? I scored zero goals and eight behinds in 2004, but followed that up with 26 goals and five behinds in 2005.

No half points given. If the question requires more than one answer, all answers have to be given for it to be correct.

X_box_X said:
Easy
1. Which player won the ANZAC Medal?

Andrew Lovett

X_box_X said:
2. Which player’s smother ended Richmond’s Nathan Brown’s season?

Who the ******** cares? Some hack

X_box_X said:

Amon Buchanan

X_box_X said:
4. Which player won the Grand Final sprint?

There was a grand final sprint?

X_box_X said:
5. Which player won Goal of the Year?

Chris Judd

X_box_X said:
6. Which player accumulated the most handballs during the regular season?

Daniel Cross

X_box_X said:
7. Steven King kicked three goals in 2005. He also kicked a
player’s face, causing serious damage. Who was that player?

Jeff White

X_box_X said:

Troy and Adam Selwood

X_box_X said:
Medium
9. In which round was Brett Deledio nominated for the Rising Star?

Rd8

X_box_X said:
10. Which two teams played each other at Darwin’s Marrara Oval?

Western Bulldogs and Port Power

X_box_X said:
11. What was the highest goal tally by a player in a game? Who achieved it?

Stephen Milne, 11

X_box_X said:
12. Which two Saints shared the honour of the Trevor Barker Medal?

Steven Baker and Luke Ball

X_box_X said:

Barry Hall

X_box_X said:
14. Who said this? “I see it, but I don’t believe it?”

X_box_X said:

Port

X_box_X said:
16. Who am I? I shared the honour of the J. J. Liston Medal. I made the move from Western Australia to Victoria at the end of 2004.

Paul Johnson

X_box_X said:
Hard

Ben Rutten

X_box_X said:

Nick Riewoldt

X_box_X said:

Port 188

X_box_X said:
20. Which two teams featured in the game with the lowest attendance?

Kangaroos and Port

X_box_X said:

West Coast 33

X_box_X said:
22. Who said this? "These blokes are meant to come from an independent board and I am hoping beyond hope the two chosen by the AFL were not two Sydney people...”

Mighty Mick Malthouse

X_box_X said:

X_box_X said:

Sam Mitchell and Chris Judd

X_box_X said:
25. Who am I? I scored zero goals and eight behinds in 2004, but followed that up with 26 goals and five behinds in 2005.

Chris Grant

1. Andrew Lovett (ESS)
2. Some doosh in a Melbourne Jumper
3. Amon Buchanan (SYD)
4. Brett Deledio (RICH)
5. Christopher Judd (WC)
6. Daniel Cross (DOGS)
7. Jeff White (MELB)
8. Selwoods
9. 1
10. Dogs belted the Blues, the rest ALMOST WAS history
11. Stephen Milne with 11 against the toothless Lions
12. Steven Baker and Luke Ball
13. Barry Hall (Bris vs Syd R4) and Justin Longmuir (Freo vs St.K R21)
14. Anthony Hudson about 896459858 times
15. Brisbane?
16. Paul Johnson (MELB/Sandy)
17. Ben Rutten (ADEL)
18. Some Doosh
19. Not The Bulldogs
20. Kangaroos vs Some Other Mob at Manuka
21. Eagles 33
22. Michael Malthouse
23. Dennis Cometti (with a little help from messrs Brereton and Russell)
24. A pair of Dooshs
25. A bloke from Daylesford called Chris Grant

X_box_X said:
Test yourself to see how well you do. Try to use your knowledge - this means no researching.

There are 25 questions. These questions are broken down in to three sections of difficulty: easy, medium, hard. For the easy questions, you receive one point for each correct answer. Two points for a medium question and three for a hard question.

Good luck.

Easy
1. Which player won the ANZAC Medal? Andrew Lovett
2. Which player’s smother ended Richmond’s Nathan Brown’s season? .... don't know... good question
3. Which player kicked the final goal of the season (Grand Final)? Amon Buchanon
4. Which player won the Grand Final sprint? Wasn't it Deledio?
5. Which player won Goal of the Year? Wells?
6. Which player accumulated the most handballs during the regular season? Daniel Cross
7. Steven King kicked three goals in 2005. He also kicked a player’s face, causing serious damage. Who was that player? Jeff White - shocking accident
8. Which two brothers received Rising Star nominations? The Selwoods

Medium
9. In which round was Brett Deledio nominated for the Rising Star? Round 20, after the Hawthorn game
10. Which two teams played each other at Darwin’s Marrara Oval? Western Bulldogs and Port?
11. What was the highest goal tally by a player in a game? Who achieved it? Scott Welsh managed nine
12. Which two Saints shared the honour of the Trevor Barker Medal? Baker and Ball
13. Who were the two players who kicked winning goals after the siren? Justin Longmuir, and... and...
14. Who said this? “I see it, but I don’t believe it?” I remember this but I can't put it in context - let's just say it was Huddo
15. Who was the only team to win and lose games in excess of 100 points? Probably Fremantle
16. Who am I? I shared the honour of the J. J. Liston Medal. I made the move from Western Australia to Victoria at the end of 2004. If only I could remember what the JJ Liston medal is... the only player I can think of who made that move is Chad Morrison, and Callum Chambers too.

Hard
17. Who am I? I am the least experienced All-Australian squad member. Ben Rutten
18. Which player kicked the first goal of the season? Uhmmm... (runs out of room)
19. Which team recorded the highest match score? What was that score? I think it was Port's score against the Kangas, whatever that was
20. Which two teams featured in the game with the lowest attendance? North/Fremantle
21. Which team recorded the lowest match score? What was that score? Collingwood, against Freo
24. Which two players accumulated the most clearances in the regular season? One would assume... Scott West and, let's say, Dal Santo
25. Who am I? I scored zero goals and eight behinds in 2004, but followed that up with 26 goals and five behinds in 2005. Given your consistency, I'd say you play for Fremantle

No half points given. If the question requires more than one answer, all answers have to be given for it to be correct.

Might I add, that is a great quiz. Challenging, excellent questions. I didn't read anyone else's answer first.

Smallest crowds:
GROUND-BY-GROUND:
Manuka Oval, Canberra: North Melbourne v Port Adelaide: 10,431
York Park, Tasmania: St Kilda v Fremantle: 12,465
Marrara Oval, Darwin: Western Bulldogs v Carlton: 13,047
MCG, Melbourne: Carlton v Fremantle: 16,076
Telstra Dome, Melbourne: Richmond v Port Adelaide: 21,301

Easy
2. Which player’s smother ended Richmond’s Nathan Brown’s season? Matthew Whealan
3. Which player kicked the final goal of the season (Grand Final)? Amon Buchannon
4. Which player won the Grand Final sprint? Brett Deledio
5. Which player won Goal of the Year? Brad Johnson
6. Which player accumulated the most handballs during the regular season? Daniel Cross
7. Steven King kicked three goals in 2005. He also kicked a player’s face, causing serious damage. Who was that player? Jeff White
8. Which two brothers received Rising Star nominations? Troy & Adam Selwood

Medium
9. In which round was Brett Deledio nominated for the Rising Star? Round 7
10. Which two teams played each other at Darwin’s Marrara Oval? Bulldogs & Carlton
11. What was the highest goal tally by a player in a game? Who achieved it? Scott Welsh 9
12. Which two Saints shared the honour of the Trevor Barker Medal? Steven Baker & Luke Ball
13. Who were the two players who kicked winning goals after the siren? Justin Longmuir & Barry Hall
14. Who said this? “I see it, but I don’t believe it?” Huddo
15. Who was the only team to win and lose games in excess of 100 points? Port Adelaide
16. Who am I? I shared the honour of the J. J. Liston Medal. I made the move from Western Australia to Victoria at the end of 2004. Paul Johnson

Hard
17. Who am I? I am the least experienced All-Australian squad member. Matthew Pavlich
18. Which player kicked the first goal of the season? Nick Reiwolt
19. Which team recorded the highest match score? What was that score? St Kilda 196
20. Which two teams featured in the game with the lowest attendance? Richmond & Port Adelaide
21. Which team recorded the lowest match score? What was that score? Richmond 33
22. Who said this? "These blokes are meant to come from an independent board and I am hoping beyond hope the two chosen by the AFL were not two Sydney people...” Eddie Mcguire
23. Who said this? “No way! He can top himself.” Dermi
24. Which two players accumulated the most clearances in the regular season? Shane Tuck & Scott West
25. Who am I? I scored zero goals and eight behinds in 2004, but followed that up with 26 goals and five behinds in 2005. Quinton Lynch

1. Andrew Lovett
2. Matthew Whelan
3. Amon Buchanan
4. Brett Deledio
5. Chris Judd
6. Daniel Cross?
7. Jeff White
8. Selwood Brothers (Troy and Adam)
9. Round 8?
10. Carlton vs Western Bulldogs
11. Stephen Milne 11
12. Luke Ball/ Steven Baker
13. Barry Hall/Justin Longmuir
14. Anthony Hudson
15. Port Adelaide
16. Paul Johnson
17. Ben Rutten
18. Nick Riewoldt
19. Port Adelaide 188?
20. Kangaroos v Port Adelaide
21. West Coast 33
22. Mick Malthouse
23. -
24. Chris Judd and Daniel Cross
25. Chris Grant

4. Andrew Walker
8. Adam and Troy Selwood
15. Port

Easy
2. Which player’s smother ended Richmond’s Nathan Brown’s season? Matthew Whealan
3. Which player kicked the final goal of the season (Grand Final)? Amon Buchannon
5. Which player won Goal of the Year? Chris Judd
7. Steven King kicked three goals in 2005. He also kicked a player’s face, causing serious damage. Who was that player? Jeff White

Medium
9. In which round was Brett Deledio nominated for the Rising Star? Round 8
10. Which two teams played each other at Darwin’s Marrara Oval? Bulldogs & Carlton
11. What was the highest goal tally by a player in a game? Who achieved it? Stephen Milne 11
12. Which two Saints shared the honour of the Trevor Barker Medal? Steven Baker & Luke Ball
13. Who were the two players who kicked winning goals after the siren? Justin Longmuir & Barry Hall
14. Who said this? “I see it, but I don’t believe it?” Anthony Hudson
15. Who was the only team to win and lose games in excess of 100 points? Port Adelaide
16. Who am I? I shared the honour of the J. J. Liston Medal. I made the move from Western Australia to Victoria at the end of 2004. Paul Johnson

Hard
17. Who am I? I am the least experienced All-Australian squad member. Ben Rutten
19. Which team recorded the highest match score? What was that score? St Kilda 186
20. Which two teams featured in the game with the lowest attendance? Kangaroos & Port Adelaide
21. Which team recorded the lowest match score? What was that score? West Coast 33
22. Who said this? "These blokes are meant to come from an independent board and I am hoping beyond hope the two chosen by the AFL were not two Sydney people...” Eddie Mcguire
23. Who said this? “No way! He can top himself.” Denis Commetti
24. Which two players accumulated the most clearances in the regular season? Scott West and Daniel Cross
25. Who am I? I scored zero goals and eight behinds in 2004, but followed that up with 26 goals and five behinds in 2005. Chris Grant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy
2. Which player’s smother ended Richmond’s Nathan Brown’s season? Matt Whelan3. Which player kicked the final goal of the season (Grand Final)? Mark Nicoski
5. Which player won Goal of the Year? Chirs Judd
8. Which two brothers received Rising Star nominations? Selwood's

Medium
9. In which round was Brett Deledio nominated for the Rising Star? Round Eight
10. Which two teams played each other at Darwin’s Marrara Oval? Western Bulldogs - Carlton.
11. What was the highest goal tally by a player in a game? Who achieved it? Stephen Milne - 11
12. Which two Saints shared the honour of the Trevor Barker Medal? Steven Baker and Luke Ball
13. Who were the two players who kicked winning goals after the siren? Barry Hall Vs Brisbane and Justin Longmuire Vs St. Kilda

Hard
18. Which player kicked the first goal of the season? Nick Reiwoldt
19. Which team recorded the highest match score? What was that score? St. Kilda - 186 Vs Brisbane
20. Which two teams featured in the game with the lowest attendance? Kangaroos-Port Adelaide
21. Which team recorded the lowest match score? What was that score? West Coast - 33 Vs Geelong
22. Who said this? "These blokes are meant to come from an independent board and I am hoping beyond hope the two chosen by the AFL were not two Sydney people...” Eddie McGuire
23. Who said this? “No way! He can top himself.” Dermie said "No Way!" after replying to Dennis' original cry "can he top himself".. and then Dennis continued with "he can top himself."
24. Which two players accumulated the most clearances in the regular season? Scott West and Chris Judd
25. Who am I? I scored zero goals and eight behinds in 2004, but followed that up with 26 goals and five behinds in 2005. Chris Grant

Uncle_Leo said:
Easy

Medium
11. What was the highest goal tally by a player in a game? Who achieved it? Stephen Milne 11

Hard
19. Which team recorded the highest match score? What was that score? St Kilda 186
20. Which two teams featured in the game with the lowest attendance? Kangaroos & Port Adelaide
21. Which team recorded the lowest match score? What was that score? West Coast 33
23. Who said this? “No way! He can top himself.” Denis Commetti
24. Which two players accumulated the most clearances in the regular season? Scott West and Daniel Cross

Best effort yet. You only got four wrong.

bradrowe#32 said:
Hehe, you said 'Mega' in the title.
I didn't want to use "Super Quiz" or else that would be copying the SEN radio station. So "Mega Trivia" seemed appropriate. They have 20 questions in their "super quiz", and there are 25 in the "mega trivia", so you should be laughing at SEN, not me.

Sylvia Saint said:
For #23 it was Dermie who said "No way!" and Dennis Cometti who said "He can top himself".
Hey, good get. I didn't realise Dermie begun the quote off, but now that you mention it, yes I can remember him shouting "No way!"

May I please inform you all, Nick Riewoldt did not kick the first goal of the season. I am still waiting for someone to get a perfect 25/25 without cheating. And no one has correctly answered the combination for the two players who shared the honour of "clearane King".

Easy

2. Which player’s smother ended Richmond’s Nathan Brown’s season? Matthew Whelan

3. Which player kicked the final goal of the season (Grand Final)? Amon Buchanan

5. Which player won Goal of the Year? Jason Akermanis

7. Steven King kicked three goals in 2005. He also kicked a player’s face, causing serious damage. Who was that player?
Jeff White

The Selwoods? - Adam and Troy

Medium

10. Which two teams played each other at Darwin’s Marrara Oval? Bulldogs and Carlton

11. What was the highest goal tally by a player in a game? Stephen Milne Who achieved it? 11

12. Which two Saints shared the honour of the Trevor Barker Medal? Luke Ball and Steven Baker

13. Who were the two players who kicked winning goals after the siren? Troy Longmuir - vs St. Kilda and Barry Hall - vs Brisbane

Port Adelaide

Paul Johnson

Hard

18. Which player kicked the first goal of the season? David Rodan?

19. Which team recorded the highest match score? What was that score? Port Adelaide - 188 points vs Hawthorn

20. Which two teams featured in the game with the lowest attendance? Kangaroos and Port

West Coast - 33 points

22. Who said this? "These blokes are meant to come from an independent
board and I am hoping beyond hope the two chosen by the AFL were not two Sydney people...”
I'm guessing that Eddie complaining again so - Eddie McGuire

23. Who said this? “No way! He can top himself.” Dermie/Dennis Cometti

24. Which two players accumulated the most clearances in the regular season? Brett Kirk and Chris Judd :D First to get it!

Chris Grant - Western Bulldogs

How'd I go? I love studying stats. :)

X_box_X said:
I didn't want to use "Super Quiz" or else that would be copying the SEN radio station. So "Mega Trivia" seemed appropriate. They have 20 questions in their "super quiz", and there are 25 in the "mega trivia", so you should be laughing at SEN, not me.

Are You Dean From Altona that rings up SEN and is a genius at the Quiz?

Easy
2. Which player’s smother ended Richmond’s Nathan Brown’s season? Matthew Whelan
3. Which player kicked the final goal of the season (Grand Final)? Amon Buchanan
5. Which player won Goal of the Year? Daniel Kerr
8. Which two brothers received Rising Star nominations? Selwood Brothers

Medium
9. In which round was Brett Deledio nominated for the Rising Star? 4
10. Which two teams played each other at Darwin’s Marrara Oval? W. Buldogs v Carlton
11. What was the highest goal tally by a player in a game? Who achieved it? Steven Milne
12. Which two Saints shared the honour of the Trevor Barker Medal? Baker and Dal Santo
15. Who was the only team to win and lose games in excess of 100 points? Essendon

Hard
20. Which two teams featured in the game with the lowest attendance? Kangaroos v Port

Easy
4. Which player won the Grand Final sprint? Brett Deledio.
6. Which player accumulated the most handballs during the regular season? Danny Cross
8. Which two brothers received Rising Star nominations? Troy and Adam Selwood.

Medium
9. In which round was Brett Deledio nominated for the Rising Star? 8
10. Which two teams played each other at Darwin’s Marrara Oval? Western Bulldogs vs Carlton.
11. What was the highest goal tally by a player in a game? Who achieved it? Stephen Milne (11.1)
12. Which two Saints shared the honour of the Trevor Barker Medal? Luke Ball and Steven Baker
13. Who were the two players who kicked winning goals after the siren? Justin Longmuir (round 21 vs St.Kilda) and Barry Hall (round 3 vs Brisbane).
14. Who said this? “I see it, but I don’t believe it?” Channel 10's Anthony Hudson.
15. Who was the only team to win and lose games in excess of 100 points? Port Adelaide: Win - Round 13. Loss - vs WCE at Subiaco.
16. Who am I? I shared the honour of the J. J. Liston Medal. I made the move from Western Australia to Victoria at the end of 2004. Paul Johnson.

Hard
Ben Rutten
18. Which player kicked the first goal of the season? Robert Copeland
19. Which team recorded the highest match score? What was that score? St.Kilda - 186 - vs Brisbane, round 22 at Telstra Dome. Milne scored 11 goals.
20. Which two teams featured in the game with the lowest attendance? Kangaroos vs Port Adelaide, round 19 2005 at Manuka Oval, Canberra.
21. Which team recorded the lowest match score? What was that score? Collingwood. 6.?.41
22. Who said this? "These blokes are meant to come from an independent board and I am hoping beyond hope the two chosen by the AFL were not two Sydney people...” Eddie McGuire
23. Who said this? “No way! He can top himself.” Dennis Commetti/Dermott Brereton.
24. Which two players accumulated the most clearances in the regular season? Chris Judd and Anthony Koudtofidies.

hhjj

X_box_X said:

Good luck.

Easy

2. Which player’s smother ended Richmond’s Nathan Brown’s season? Mathew Whelan

4. Which player won the Grand Final sprint? Brett Deludio

8. Which two brothers received Rising Star nominations? Adam and Troy Selwood

Medium
10. Which two teams played each other at Darwin’s Marrara Oval? Port Adelaide and bulldogs
11. What was the highest goal tally by a player in a game? Who achieved it? 11, Milne
12. Which two Saints shared the honour of the Trevor Barker Medal? Luke ball, Nick Dal Santo
13. Who were the two players who kicked winning goals after the siren? Barry Hall, Justin Longmuir
14. Who said this? “I see it, but I don’t believe it?” Barry Hall
15. Who was the only team to win and lose games in excess of 100 points? Port

Hard
17. Who am I? I am the least experienced All-Australian squad member. Rutten
18. Which player kicked the first goal of the season? Reiwoldt
19. Which team recorded the highest match score? What was that score? Port 188
20. Which two teams featured in the game with the lowest attendance? Kangaroos and Port
22. Who said this? "These blokes are meant to come from an independent board and I am hoping beyond hope the two chosen by the AFL were not two Sydney people...” Mick Malthouse
24. Which two players accumulated the most clearances in the regular season? Mitchell and Judd
25. Who am I? I scored zero goals and eight behinds in 2004, but followed that up with 26 goals and five behinds in 2005. Dean Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

BigFooty 2005 AFL Mega Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back