Feedback BigFooty AFL Tipping Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep funnily enough when I made that post above it showed mine, but now I've reloaded this thread it's not any more.

So you can't see "Tip rank: 10" underneath your team name?

Re: BigFooty AFL Tipping Thread 2012

It has been changed! Thanks very much to who ever it was!

Well good for you, mine hasn't been changed yet - still showing GWS incorrect tip :(

There was an issue with the new stadium leading to a duplicate match being included for the North - GWS match leading to some odd behaviour. Sorted now

My 2 cents.....
I preferred the format used last year, where the points won for a correct tip was based on their odds of winning. It gave some reward for tipping against the crowd when you think the underdog is better than popular concensus. It forces the tipper to consider both opponents for each and every game. The current format gives us many games with an "easy-to-pick" winner.

I also liked that it gave big footy a point of difference from most other tipping competitions.

My 2 cents.....
I preferred the format used last year, where the points won for a correct tip was based on their odds of winning. It gave some reward for tipping against the crowd when you think the underdog is better than popular concensus. It forces the tipper to consider both opponents for each and every game. The current format gives us many games with an "easy-to-pick" winner.

I also liked that it gave big footy a point of difference from most other tipping competitions.

Current way is better, this way i'm actually doing well in my tips. Last year i sucked.

OK, I'll put this here, I don't know where else to put it and I don't want to start another thread.

I know I must be missing something obvious, and I'm really sorry in advanced for asking a stupid question, but why can't I get this link to work:

http://www.bigfooty.com/tips/index.php

I mean the link works, but my login doesn't work. I assume it's the same login and password I use here (and on the old site) - I put them in and the page just re-loads. Is there something I'm missing?? :confused::oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on - did you read this thread, as linked in the notice on every page?
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/xen-issues-list-check-here-to-see-what-were-working-on.955222/

It does not work yet.

Ahh, I'm a dill. So it's not just me then. I did see that link/thread etc., but I misread it to say that it is working and you just have to follow the above mentioned link.

Thanks Chief, you're doing a good job keeping a handle on things, answering stupid questions like mine etc., with all this stuff going on. :thumbsu:

Won't let me log in

error message is as follows:
Error Message: Table 'bigfooty_tipping.user' doesn't exist
In Statement: select sp_pl_id pl_id, username, sp_score sco, sp_odscore scod, sp_rank ord from bft_sea_partip, user where sp_pl_id=userid and sp_sea_id=3 and sp_rank>0 order by sp_rank limit 0, 20

for proof of tips later on
geelong by 40
tigers
saints
bombers
hawks
pies

Won't let me log in

error message is as follows:
In Statement: select sp_pl_id pl_id, username, sp_score sco, sp_odscore scod, sp_rank ord from bft_sea_partip, user where sp_pl_id=userid and sp_sea_id=3 and sp_rank>0 order by sp_rank limit 0, 20

for proof of tips later on
geelong by 40
tigers
saints
bombers
hawks
pies
Yeah, the same error for me when i try to log on:

BTW - That SQL error is still there, must be a table that needs to be renamed in the query or has been removed:
AFL Tipping Top 20 - 2012

In Statement: select sp_pl_id pl_id, username, sp_score sco, sp_odscore scod, sp_rank ord from bft_sea_partip, user where sp_pl_id=userid and sp_sea_id=5 and sp_rank>0 order by sp_rank limit 0, 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Feedback BigFooty AFL Tipping Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back