Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

That is the worst trade in this leagues history.. Drew potentially buys a Flag for essentially half a bag of chips. The ironic thing is Zim will probably delist more of these players at the end of the year, than he would have had retire had he kept his veterans! Well played Drew I guess o_O
Players are only worth as much as the best offer.... zim came to me at the 11th hour last night basically saying there had been zero interest.

No point hunting a second flag with a gun half cocked, this puts me from 5-6 in line to grand final contention.

That is huge for Drew23 if I had the same list I would of done that to. He sent me an offer of those players for 3 premier players (Treloar, Cutler and Greene). I am just trying to keep a balanced list structure though and be in the running on-going. I'll be very interested to see Drews list now with those inclusion. I reckon getting Shuey in there though is a little bit rich as he is only 27 years old.

Zim^zuM you could of given yourself some extra time and maybe traded them off individually, that is all.

Last edited:
That is huge for Drew23 if I had the same list I would of done that to. He sent me an offer of those players for 3 premier players (Treloar, Cutler and Greene). I am just trying to keep a balanced list structure though and be in the running on-going. I'll be very interested to see Drews list now with those inclusion. I reckon getting Shuey in there though is a little bit rich as he is only 27 years old.

Zim^zuM you could of given yourself some extra time and maybe traded them off individually, that is all.
Haha almost didnt wanna include shuey as he doesnt fit my list age profile. Adopting the same recruitment principles as nmfc of the last few years! Going to be a major rebuild in a couple of years but could be worth it if I snag another flag.

Haha almost didnt wanna include shuey as he doesnt fit my list age profile. Adopting the same recruitment principles as nmfc of the last few years! Going to be a major rebuild in a couple of years but could be worth it if I snag another flag.
Yes there are a few teams in the league that are just floating. No reason just to make the 8. Definitely have a better team than everyone elsse now, at least for the next 2 years. You bench is loaded with guns!

Yeah back to the situation from a couple of years back where a three gun mids dont play

Murphy, gibbs, mundy, priddis, Pendlebury, watson, wells, shuey, lewis, goddard, kennedy, d swallow, ziebell

Players are only worth as much as the best offer.... zim came to me at the 11th hour last night basically saying there had been zero interest.

No point hunting a second flag with a gun half cocked, this puts me from 5-6 in line to grand final contention.
You have done well.

The 'shock' is from Zim's perspective because he was asking for 2-3 gun players for his older brigade (I dont consider Shuey at 27 as old), but in the end it seems he capitulated and traded them for the likes of Aish, Wright and Freeman. That is a long way from the asking price of Treloar, Greene and Cutler ( Richcogs) or Lloyd, Whitfield and McIntosh (Warriors).

Anyway, it is done now. It certainly makes the finals interesting, so I look forward to seeing what Drew's team can do!

You have done well.

The 'shock' is from Zim's perspective because he was asking for 2-3 gun players for his older brigade (I dont consider Shuey at 27 as old), but in the end it seems he capitulated and traded them for the likes of Aish, Wright and Freeman. That is a long way from the asking price of Treloar, Greene and Cutler ( Richcogs) or Lloyd, Whitfield and McIntosh (Warriors).

Anyway, it is done now. It certainly makes the finals interesting, so I look forward to seeing what Drew's team can do!
I made the mistake of not counter offering. realistically the only players I would of put up and was putting up were Menzel, Barrett, Schrimshaw, Marchbank, Ellis, Mutch and Stewart. Would of given up Schrimshaw or Marchback for Shuey. Dannys Dragons was wanting me to trade me Swallow for Marchbank though, which obviously I would not touch with a 10 foot pole.

Remember back in the day when i got screamed at (and vetoed) for trading out one experienced player for a promising youngster (Jack Gunston) ...
Yea wonder what Chapman is doing these days.... Gunston on the other hand 37 disposals on the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah back to the situation from a couple of years back where a three gun mids dont play

Murphy, gibbs, mundy, priddis, Pendlebury, watson, wells, shuey, lewis, goddard, kennedy, d swallow, ziebell

You've done well. I think Zim sold himself short but that's for him to deal with, didn't leave himself much time to get a trade done. He'd offered me Shuey, Kennedy, Jack and Betts for Cripps and Mills with an hour to go... which I countered but I couldn't get a response to negotiate after that as I think you had his interest locked up ;) Boyd and Westhoff were probably the only pieces I was keen on, and I wouldn't have had a Sheed type coming out of my list but guys like Fisher, Sutcliffe and Kade Stewart would've been expendable to get something done. I don't really have any picks to work with either.

You'll have some difficult best 22 decisions to make come Finals. Goddard, Kennedy and even Shuey didn't set the world on fire with their stats on the weekend... it's a good problem to have though!

Should be favourite for this and next season you'd imagine, you'd better hang around for the rebuild though ;)

I think it's safe to say my season is all but over. This was my list of players missing through injury in this last round:
  • Cameron
  • Campbell
  • Coniglio
  • Cripps
  • Dunkley
  • Kolodjashnij
  • Lycett
  • Naitanui
  • Parfitt
  • Stringer
And then Walters has hurt his knee and I've just read Wingard is going to be out "for a few". I didn't rate my chances back at the start of the season with no Naitanui and no Lycett but couldn't foresee that level of injuries.

Happy picking up Pittonet, will pair well with Ceglar as Hawthorns next Ruckman and seems to be piecing it all together in the VFL and hawks fans love. Surprised he was dropped TBH ironically I was considering Marking v who he was dropped for too.

Happy picking up Pittonet, will pair well with Ceglar as Hawthorns next Ruckman and seems to be piecing it all together in the VFL and hawks fans love. Surprised he was dropped TBH ironically I was considering Marking v who he was dropped for too.
I was wondering if you would go for him given the Ceglar link. Those Ruck pairings are gold. My trade for Leuenberger seems a waste but it is invaluable having him if Bellchambers misses.

threenewpadlocks just sneak into the finals at the expense of mrpez!

Warriors are not expecting to beat Rockford 7-2 next week. Though the Raiders are heavily depleted by injury, I expect them to bounce back - whatever happens this year, they will be scary next year and the year after!

richcogs still seem the team to beat, but Drew23 with his injection of guns will be a very tough match up.

I think whoever wins this year will have well and truly deserved it!

threenewpadlocks just sneak into the finals at the expense of mrpez!

Warriors are not expecting to beat Rockford 7-2 next week. Though the Raiders are heavily depleted by injury, I expect them to bounce back - whatever happens this year, they will be scary next year and the year after!

richcogs still seem the team to beat, but Drew23 with his injection of guns will be a very tough match up.

I think whoever wins this year will have well and truly deserved it!

Wouldn't surprise me if you beat me 7-2 again, I'm missing close to half of my best 22 :(

I think you're the team to beat this year and, while I'm expecting my list to improve next year, I think your list has got room to improve in 2018.. especially with a couple savvy trades ;)

If I had a healthy list, I probably would have had 41 out of 45 players to choose from last weekend, and out of the other 4, two of them were my ruck backups for Bellchambers and Longer. I think I have the best depth, but it is your best 22 on the day thst wins finals. I think Richcogs has me well covered on average, but anything can happen on the day.

Making it to finals without a team of 22! Hopefully the AFL coaches of the league know my predicament and decide to play more of my players!

Remove this Banner Ad

Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back