Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you not seen the score between me and angels? I have almost 100 kicks from 5 players. + big daws who struggles to really get a kick

Paul+Seedsman+lUYQcvJNF_hm.jpg

Seedsman doesn't care.

Really interesting match between Drew and me. It's the third quarter of the final game, and I'm leading 6-3. But my prediction is that I'll lose 5-4.

In fact, it was a simple brainfade that cost me the match. I should have put Schneider as an emergency (since he was playing Friday night). If I had, the final score would have been 4-4.

I cannot believe I lost this week to Gut Running so close on tackles and FF. Needed the win to stay in touch with top 4, now I am level with Rockford Raiders.

Big round coming up.

2nd vs 3rd (TomFC and Zim^zuM )
4th vs 5th (Unknown Caller and richcogs)
1st vs 6th (Drew23 and the Mighty Raiders :mad:)

Big round everywhere really with 7th vs 10th, 8th vs 9th, 11th vs 12 and 13th vs 14th! Results from this round will have a big impact on who's in the top 4, who's in the top 8 and who gets what pick come end of the season. Couldn't have planned it like this if we'd tried! :)

Seriously though, looking at this match up as another good test for my list. From memory the predictor had me favourite (so, so slightly though) to win against Drew23, but that was taking into account players like Grigg, Stringer, Vickery, Reid and Brown lining up and producing for the Raiders.

Massive games this weekend. Would love to avoid a second consecutive spoon!

Happy with my trade to Rockford also. Obviously haha. I needed a playing ruck and to get some long term C/F options in Grigg and Kennedy is a plus.

Matera is killing it and Sutcliffe is having his breakout season. Acres has heaps of talent too but you gotta pay up to get that R haha Would've loved to have worked another fringe player in for Harper too. Has been pretty good in the VFL just not sure how he fits at North. Might be trade bait end of the year?

I am happy with my trading too, though on paper it doesn't look good. Hopefully it will set my team up nicely for next year. I have done some 'crystal-balling' which is always dangerous but when you are on the bottom sometimes you need to take a risk or three.

my trading/drafting for the last few weeks has been massive really.

Out: Garland, Boak, Armitage, Bastinac, Nicholls, Phillips, Thurlow, Kennedy, Adams, & Horlin-Smith
In: Duryea, Webster, Edwards, Gaff, Whitfield, Lloyd, Hickey, Longer, Lynch, & Broomhead.

Getting a couple of extra young backs is really planning for next year to replace Swallow and Guthrie who I expect to be pure Centres. Both Webster and Duryea should play more games than not and seem important to how their respective teams want to line up going forward. Edwards gets his second or third chance on my list, but has been in reasonable form in the VFL and is one for the future.

Getting rid of Bastinac and Horlin-Smith was also influenced by the expected move of Swallow/Guthrie to the midfield, as though they are really good young players, you can only play a maximum of 8 Centres and with Heppell, Gaff, Tyson, Whitfield, Cunnington also in my squad, they probably wouldn't both get a regular game in the new look midfield.

Getting Longer and Hickey wasn't something I planned from the outset, but obviously that is a HUGE get for my squad, and along with having the Port ruck combo and a handy R/F in Bellchambers my ruck depth is looking, dare I say, up there with the best in the competition. All I need now is for Gorringe to return home to South Australia and pull on the Port jumper..

The biggest casualty in this has been my forward line. Horlin-Smith I consider a Centre, but Adams and Kennedy are very good players, and I am hoping more than anything that a few of my youngsters can kick on and fill the team sheet. I really rate Lynch though, and am looking forward to having the two Tom Lynch's in the same forward line. Broomhead is facing stiff competition to get a game at Collingwood, but is playing well in the VFL and should be a good player when he gets his chance.

Now my squad only has one player who was 25 at the beginning of the year, and a massive 32 players between the ages of 19-21. A long way from my original best squad which I think from memory had an average age of 29 for my best 22..

I am happy with my trading too...

Broomhead could end up at another team (which wouldn't hurt at all). He'd been a target I'd considered as well, the Pies depth is pretty impressive. Wouldn't surprise me if Broomhead ended up with a move to the Dees (the Tigers could use him too). He'd be best 22 at Melbourne (and probably a number of other teams too).

Would've loved to have worked another fringe player in for Harper too. Has been pretty good in the VFL just not sure how he fits at North. Might be trade bait end of the year?

Harper was never required to get the trade done, I thought you put him forward as an option? (I know I'd inquired about him in the past). I wouldn't be adverse to trading him back to you... I'll shoot you a PM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I'm pumped. On last week's figures, I lose 5-4, but it looks like Armitage will play for me.

I think your match up with threenewpadlocks will be a pretty close contest. I'll be watching it closely.. one of those 8 point swing games really, could decide who's in the 8 and who's out. If GR gets up then I think my own spot in the 8 could be in trouble. There's only a couple of games I'm confident about winning for the remainder of this season, and (no offence to L_W_P) I'd have lost to a full strength LWP outfit in the last round (only got over the line because he was 3 players short) so I could lose any match up from here on out.

I wonder who the Dees will send to Cloke.. I need him to regress back to his ~10 touches and a goal a game form. If he puts together another 20+ possession, 10+ marks and 3-5 goal game then I'm expecting a blow-out. It'll be counter-acted somewhat by Seedsman's 30 touch, 10 mark, 10 tackle and 3 goal effort no doubt, but one man can only do so much.

I wonder who the Dees will send to Cloke..

Funnily enough the Dee's are probably one of the better placed teams to handle Cloke with Frawley, Garland, McDonald and Petersen are all in good form and capable of holding Cloke to a minimal impact.

I would love for Dawe to rip Collingwood a new one, I am really looking forward to that game. God save the Queen!

I think your match up with threenewpadlocks will be a pretty close contest. I'll be watching it closely.. one of those 8 point swing games really, could decide who's in the 8 and who's out. If GR gets up then I think my own spot in the 8 could be in trouble. There's only a couple of games I'm confident about winning for the remainder of this season, and (no offence to L_W_P) I'd have lost to a full strength LWP outfit in the last round (only got over the line because he was 3 players short) so I could lose any match up from here on out.

I wonder who the Dees will send to Cloke.. I need him to regress back to his ~10 touches and a goal a game form. If he puts together another 20+ possession, 10+ marks and 3-5 goal game then I'm expecting a blow-out. It'll be counter-acted somewhat by Seedsman's 30 touch, 10 mark, 10 tackle and 3 goal effort no doubt, but one man can only do so much.
Do I give cloke a break this week to give you some hope to be competitive?

Edit- will be at thegame watching him kick those 10 goals

Last edited:
Do I give cloke a break this week to give you some hope to be competitive?

Edit- will be at tr game watching him kick those 10 goals

I'm not surprised you'd go to the game, everyone wants to go now that Seedsman is back :) He won't kick 10 though, not with playing off half back anyway.

You should drop Cloke, I'm dropping Jeremy Cameron to give you a chance :D

I'm just glad our match up wasn't last round, I'd have lost it 9-0. Wingard, Mayes, Shuey and Wines all had very ordinary games. I need those guys to get closer to their averages to have a chance. Seedsman also had a shocker by his standards but he never has two bad games in a row.

I'm not surprised you'd go to the game, everyone wants to go now that Seedsman is back :) He won't kick 10 though, not with playing off half back anyway.

You should drop Cloke, I'm dropping Jeremy Cameron to give you a chance :D

I'm just glad our match up wasn't last round, I'd have lost it 9-0. Wingard, Mayes, Shuey and Wines all had very ordinary games. I need those guys to get closer to their averages to have a chance. Seedsman also had a shocker by his standards but he never has two bad games in a row.
Mundy, selwood, Gibbs, goldy, ziebell and Waite were also all exceptionally poor. I even left my Levi's on the bench... 33 touches 12 marks wasted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back