Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aaargh, key finals battle, I lose by
3 points
Scoring accuracy (a gamble week to week)
4 tackles
1 FA
Not happy :(

Definitely makes it harder for the guys that didn't get a result this week.

I'll be down in 7th after this round, and there's no such thing as an easy match up really... can't really bank on any results between here and Finals. I think if I was a chance for a top 4 spot (where we need to be really to challenge I think) then I needed the 4 points this round. Need a few results to go my way between the guys in the top 4 for me to sneak a spot.

Aaargh, key finals battle, I lose by
3 points
Scoring accuracy (a gamble week to week)
4 tackles
1 FA
Not happy :(

Jamar getting subbed out did you no favours... but then you went a bit top heavy on rucks. Always tricky when you're up against Sandilands, he's capable of 50+ hit outs every other week. Still, 5 tackles from another mid (like Shuey) would have made all the differnence ;)

Keeping Jackson Macrae over all of the tempting offers I've ever had would have to be one of the best decisions I've ever made.

And I got rid of him. The trade (early last year) was Macrae + Shane Edwards for Stanton + O'Hanlon. Well, Stanton has continued to be one of the guns of the competition, while Edwards has performed below expectations. O'Hanlon hasn't played since that time, but I traded him for pick 66 at the end of last year. (And got Cam Delaney, whom I've since delisted.)

You also had 21 fewer handballs. But playing was four ruckmen was a big risk. You missed out on Mayne's goal, but also Crowley's 7 tackles.

And I got rid of him. The trade (early last year) was Macrae + Shane Edwards for Stanton + O'Hanlon. Well, Stanton has continued to be one of the guns of the competition, while Edwards has performed below expectations. O'Hanlon hasn't played since that time, but I traded him for pick 66 at the end of last year. (And got Cam Delaney, whom I've since delisted.)
I forgot that's how it went. Still Macrae for Stanton is probably a win-win given our lists.

You also had 21 fewer handballs. But playing was four ruckmen was a big risk. You missed out on Mayne's goal, but also Crowley's 7 tackles.
I'm always worried about Crowley's FA's though - in hindsight I should have picked him over Derickx, because both get FA but Crowley is better in other categories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maroons vs. Bulldogs was also a close game. If Tom's team had kicked one more behind, he would have lost

Actually, the potential trade with Richcogs made me think that it's time for my big announcement: unfortunately, I am retiring from Ultimate Footy at the end of this season. My family and I are moving to Vanuatu, and our internet access will be rather sketchy, and so I won't be able to continue in this league.

I probably won't be trading much between now and the end of the season - but I do have an ageing list in need of serious rebuilding. But I'm sure there will be a worthy competitor able to take my place.

Anyway, I've had a great time here. Thank you all very much.

Actually, the potential trade with Richcogs made me think that it's time for my big announcement: unfortunately, I am retiring from Ultimate Footy at the end of this season. My family and I are moving to Vanuatu, and our internet access will be rather sketchy, and so I won't be able to continue in this league.

I probably won't be trading much between now and the end of the season - but I do have an ageing list in need of serious rebuilding. But I'm sure there will be a worthy competitor able to take my place.

Really sorry to hear that mate :( Are you sure you won't be able to get decent access in Vanuatu? What a move too! Are you moving for work or retiring over there? :)

Not sure if you all got to watch the Geelong game on Friday night... but if you didn't I think it's important you get to see this:

GHS2.gif

:D

Wowzers. Congrats is in order I suppose! Another pillar down in the BigFooty Dynasty UF league. Sad to see you go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back