Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** I'm Dead,Clagg,Toecutter(gig soon),Blood Duster,Captain Cleanoff,The Amenta,Now You're ****ed.

Nothing Sacred and Hobb's gig soon too for the over 40s.:D

Usually I look in THe Pony,Tote,Corner,Hifi Bar,Northcote Social Club,Central Club, gig guides.

there are other metal venues.

THese are the ones I'm familiar with.

FOUND ONE ALREADY.

http://www.pony.net.au/node/299
If you're into grind(I Am) havea few jars and go off!

Christbait are at the Northcote Social Club SAtdy Night and Internal Rot are at The Pony FriDy Night.

Christbait will be awesome and their very last show before they pack it in forever.From the 90s scene and very good.

Moshphere festival hifi bar Sunday from 3pm.(I'm going to this one)Swiss Band Sybreed headlining.

GET INTO IT!

LIVE IS THE BEST!

\m/ \m/

Smasha and roddy....

What are your regular gigs that you attend?

I am happy to get back into the local scene, but have been away for a while, and recently single so not restricted by my missus.

Cheers

There just so happens to be an absolute ripper on this Sunday evening:

http://www.facebook.com/events/133707160064295/

Circles, Synthetic Breed and Hatchet Dawn are all awesome. Some of the others are pretty damn good too. Check it out.

From 5 minutes on this is as good as Insomniums work gets and probably the best of this genre. Love it.....

[YOUTUBE]OdHpRAad_-g[/YOUTUBE]

Be'lakor would be the best Melbourne band IMO.

There is a big metal show @ The Espy to mark 12 months since the unfortunate passing of Catwitch's lead singer Kieran O'Reilly in July last year.

Being scheduled for July I am told by one of the bands that are gonna play. Keep a look out for it.

Melb has a great local metal scene, Perth's has been booming for years also.

I remember going to an afters gig, I think it was after Nile or Behemoth in Melb (did a whirlwind 24hr melb tour) and it was at some 3 story club, I think I caught Anarazel & ****.. I'm Dead, Got Chalky to drop us back to our hostel to get our bags at like 4am and straight back to the airport home. That was an awesome night.

Melb has a great local metal scene, Perth's has been booming for years also.
I remember going to an afters gig, I think it was after Nile or Behemoth in Melb (did a whirlwind 24hr melb tour) and it was at some 3 story club, I think I caught Anarazel & ****.. I'm Dead, Got Chalky to drop us back to our hostel to get our bags at like 4am and straight back to the airport home. That was an awesome night.

If it was a shitty club down a side alley with one horrible little lift and a ricketty old staircase.....it was probably called Deviate or DV8. The different floors are for different music - 2nd level was Goth, 3rd level was Metal. Its an old jail.

Another good Australian band is Astriaal.

If it was a shitty club down a side alley with one horrible little lift and a ricketty old staircase.....it was probably called Deviate or DV8. The different floors are for different music - 2nd level was Goth, 3rd level was Metal. Its an old jail.

Another good Australian band is Astriaal.

Forgot about Deviate.

Sarah Sands in the old days.

Ferntree Gully Hotel.

Going back to the 80s lol.

I've forgotten all the pubs I used to go to.

Punters club and heaps in St. Kilda.

Forgot about Deviate.

Sarah Sands in the old days.

Ferntree Gully Hotel.

Going back to the 80s lol.

I've forgotten all the pubs I used to go to.

Punters club and heaps in St. Kilda.

Ever get to Edwards Tavern is that still around?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to bump thread back to front page....

Been listening to these guys a lot lately. Melodeath at its best, great song.

[YOUTUBE]T1NLxoFHU4w[/YOUTUBE]

I've been one of NeO's biggest advocators for a while, can't wait for the new album. This one song that they've released prior to the album released has already been nominated for some top 50 songs or 2011 or something like that. The 3 track demo is all they've released to date and it was amazing to say the least.

[youtube]uF9aByTXlIU[/youtube]

tyrant of death yet another album. vocals this time around and a stronger electronic slant it seems.

check info in this official facebook link to get download links to all of his albums

been listening to the new meshuggah on youtube. doesn't totally grab me at this stage, but then i could say the same about their other albums which i then enjoyed.

song they released possibly the worst one on the album? a couple of standouts (i like 'swarm'), and a few songs that end up in that slow groove ala the early song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back