Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Got knocked back by Nile, might still go though. Tickets sales are very good (mezzanine might be open) and extra smoke machines apparently so should be a good show.

Just deciding whether I can be fecked filming Writhing or just come along as a punter.
Hit me up if you do go to Nile.

How do you think they'd pull in Australia. I'm mates with Walter who is their touring bass player.

There's a doco on the DC death metal scene which King Fowley is heavily interviewed. Dunno where to buy it, haven't seen it in full online.

Reckon Bendigo Hotel sized crowd.

Got knocked back by Nile, might still go though. Tickets sales are very good (mezzanine might be open) and extra smoke machines apparently so should be a good show.

Just deciding whether I can be fecked filming Writhing or just come along as a punter.

From memory there is Nile, Internal Bleeding and Glenn Hughes on Saturday. Hmmm.

How do you think they'd pull in Australia. I'm mates with Walter who is their touring bass player.

There's a doco on the DC death metal scene which King Fowley is heavily interviewed. Dunno where to buy it, haven't seen it in full online.

Gorguts- Erosion

Love tech DM in general, but can't get into their later stuff for some reason, .much prefer their early morrisound stuff

Yeah I check out after first two as well. Remember running into a bloke I know at Greensborough plaza with an Erosion of Sanity cassette - he didn’t like it and was taking it back to CC Records Dee Snider. Of course he had dubbed it. Funny how some places would accept returns on said basis.

Yeah I check out after first two as well. Remember running into a bloke I know at Greensborough plaza with an Erosion of Sanity cassette - he didn’t like it and was taking it back to CC Records Dee Snider. Of course he had dubbed it. Funny how some places would accept returns on said basis.

Ha ha, I live very close to here and remember CC, also Sanity on the second level, pre-ordering St Anger, massive WTF at that album of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh wow, its really good! The vocals are top notch, the production is pretty crisp and its groovy as anything.

Definitely very keen for the new album.
Heard it the other night, liked it until the melodic bit kicked in 😄
Maybe was just in a grim and frostbitten mood that night, will try again tonight ha

Heard it the other night, liked it until the melodic bit kicked in 😄
Maybe was just in a grim and frostbitten mood that night, will try again tonight ha
Fair enough, i like melody in metal a lot. Melodeath is probably my favourite subgenre. Soilwork to me are a pretty good mix of styles but i definitely understand if you're not into the melodic stuff then Soilwork probably wont suit your taste. I think sometimes Soilwork go overboard with the melody a bit and while i think Bjorn is very talented i probably 'tolerate' his singing but prefer his harsh vocals. I do love The Night Flight Orchestra too as Bjorn's clean vocals really suit that style.

Fair enough, i like melody in metal a lot. Melodeath is probably my favourite subgenre. Soilwork to me are a pretty good mix of styles but i definitely understand if you're not into the melodic stuff then Soilwork probably wont suit your taste. I think sometimes Soilwork go overboard with the melody a bit and while i think Bjorn is very talented i probably 'tolerate' his singing but prefer his harsh vocals. I do love The Night Flight Orchestra too as Bjorn's clean vocals really suit that style.
Yep love some melo-DM (and some earlier Soilwork stuff), the change in that song just seemed a little too syrupy for me on first listen

Ha ha, I live very close to here and remember CC, also Sanity on the second level, pre-ordering St Anger, massive WTF at that album of course.

Ripper. Posted about this before but I'm at a work conference and am bored so excuse me. Got Pungent Stench's debut for $5 at CC Records back when they were removing vinyl. Think I got my first WASP album there too. Got a heap of decent albums at the second hand store in the small mall off the main strip too. Good times when a heap of used gateway vinyls could be picked up for $5 to $10. Remember the Brashes in the centre? From memory that's where I bought Blood Fire Death. Once things changed to cd only and black metal exploded I bought a heap of stuff from that Sanity (was next to the Hoyts from memory?). Modern Invasion Music had everything in there - strange to think now that Enslaved, Burzum, Gorgoroth, Summoning, Immortal etc were available in a chain store in Greensborough (and all the suburban JB stores).

Yep love some melo-DM (and some earlier Soilwork stuff), the change in that song just seemed a little too syrupy for me on first listen
yeah, fair enough. That is a good description of it.

Im now onto Gatecreeper - Dark Superstition

Listening to alot of music released this year at the moment. Starting to think a little bit about end of year lists

Check out Intestine Baalism if you aren't already across them. Killer melodic dm from Japan. Start with the debut 'An Anatomy of the Beast'.

Check out Intestine Baalism if you aren't already across them. Killer melodic dm from Japan. Start with the debut 'An Anatomy of the Beast'.
Will give them a listen soon. Cheers for the recommendation. I saw on Facebook that Insomnium are looking to tour here next year, they are one of my favourites.

Highly recommended

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back