Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

New dream theater single dropped.
Sounds a bit 'train of thought' which is good, but crams lot of unnecessary DT stuff in
I think actually prefer the radio edit version than the overly noodly full version.

Drums more organic, and straightforward except for the deliberately silly time sig at one point.

TLDR, sounds like DT

New dream theater single dropped.
Sounds a bit 'train of thought' which is good, but crams lot of unnecessary DT stuff in
I think actually prefer the radio edit version than the overly noodly full version.

Drums more organic, and straightforward except for the deliberately silly time sig at one point.

TLDR, sounds like DT
I miss the 90's DT tone, especially off of Awake. My most replayed DT album. Never liked DT's short song structures since but cudos for introducing some atmospherics.

Went to the Tote this evening. Had to weasel my way onto a guest list as it was sold out. Missed the first act as I was lazing at home. Carcinoid were on second, they have a totally different line-up now... new singer, guitarist and drummer. The singer is from Hormagaunt. Not sure it's as good as the 'classic' Carcinoid line-up but still an enjoyable set. Dr Colossus were headlining, first show in six months. Those guys are a well-oiled machine. A delightful evening of riffage, Glenn Hughes awaits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was gonna go watch Terrifier 3 tonight but may go see Glenn Hughes instead. Can see T3 another time I guess.

Gonna be a 5 film franchise apparently

d7629ec38532e29b464fae277b5f2a5b.jpg

Was looking forward to Glenn Hughes tonight, but my SIL's 30th is on. 90s themed...I was a child in the 90s, but needed to look up the fashion of the era to refresh my memory...I once came across a quote that described it as "like a cruel prank played upon a blind person's wardrobe". I suppose I could go with a Pantera shirt or classic DM shirt, but have instead opted for a Beavis and Butthead shirt one of my brothers gave me last year.

Was looking forward to Glenn Hughes tonight, but my SIL's 30th is on. 90s themed...I was a child in the 90s, but needed to look up the fashion of the era to refresh my memory...I once came across a quote that described it as "like a cruel prank played upon a blind person's wardrobe". I suppose I could go with a Pantera shirt or classic DM shirt, but have instead opted for a Beavis and Butthead shirt one of my brothers gave me last year.

90s fashion is easy. Longsleeve dm shirt with short sleeve dm shirt over it. Throw on some Chuck Taylors with jeans and you’re done.

Goatee is so 90s.

Was sounding great at sound check. Had a Spinal Tap moment when leaving the stage as he couldn't find the door to the green room (behind a curtain).

Just got here. Looks a decent turn out I guess. Picked up a signed Seventh Star cd James Colorado.

Just got here. Looks a decent turn out I guess. Picked up a signed Seventh Star cd James Colorado.

Last time I was at the Croxton was for the Hellhammer gig. Got the signed Apocalyptic Raids vinyl; I don't even have a record player...

Posted this on my instagram. Never been a fan of MK 3 save for the title tracks from Burn and Stormbringer (funnily enough I enjoy said songs as much as I do many MK 2 classics - pity the other MK 3 material doesn't connect with me). The less said about MK 4 the better. So off I went to hear Hughes belt out Burn and Stormbringer (which bookened the set). For a 73 year old man his voice is sensational - glad I went even if I did struggle with most of the MK 3/MK 4 material on offer this evening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back