Updated 23/07/13

Current injuries:

Tom Scully - concussion - Test

Stephen Gilham - Soreness - Test

Stephen Coniglio - hamstring - Test

Andrew Phillips - hamstring - out - 2 weeks

Anthony Miles - Toe - out - 4 Weeks

Jonathon Patton - knee (ACL) - out - season

Bumping this thread with the unfortunate news that Dom Tyson has ruptured his PCL at training this week and will have surgery next week. Out until May, tough break for him after an interrupted debut season. I believe he and Setanta get along well already and the big Irishman will be a good influence for his rehab after suffering an ACL injury this year.
Not good news.

Hoping he can recover quickly and start to tear apart the opposition!

Bumping this thread with the unfortunate news that Dom Tyson has ruptured his PCL at training this week and will have surgery next week. Out until May, tough break for him after an interrupted debut season. I believe he and Setanta get along well already and the big Irishman will be a good influence for his rehab after suffering an ACL injury this year.
Sh#tty news but I suppose at least it is only a PCL and not an ACL. Good luck on the rehab and come back stronger.

Maybe shouldn't bump this thread but start a new one for 2013 injuries because unfortunately there will be more.

Herald Sun quotes John Quinn saying that Dom's PCL injury occurred in a collision in a tackling drill on Wednesday, no ACL damage, some medial strain and not too much collateral damage.

Herald Sun quotes John Quinn saying that Dom's PCL injury occurred in a collision in a tackling drill on Wednesday, no ACL damage, some medial strain and not too much collateral damage.

No good. Hope he has a speedy recovery ;)

Maybe shouldn't bump this thread but start a new one for 2013 injuries because unfortunately there will be more.
I've split this one, welcome to the official 2013 injury report. I'll have a look around and put together a list of players who came in limited and see if there's been any updates. Josh Bruce, for one, has a moon boot on his right foot.

If the rumours of him returning home are true, he needs to have a good season so you don't get raped at the trade table.

From an afl.com.au report on our pre-season:
Medical room:
Dom Tyson has been the significant casualty of the pre-season, undergoing surgery on Tuesday this week after rupturing his posterior cruciate ligament. He will be sidelined for around five months. Dylan Shiel is due back in full training shortly after Christmas as he tries to get on top of his ongoing foot problems. Will Hoskin-Elliot, who had an excellent second half of last season, has six weeks left in rehab following hip surgery, while Josh Growden has about one month left in recovery from the same ailment. Finally, Irishman Setanta O'hAilpin is ahead of schedule from his knee reconstruction and has two to three weeks of rehabilitation remaining after the Christmas break.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-12-29/preseason-guide-gws

A bit of an update:

MEDICAL ROOM
Dom Tyson
Knee: Out for five months after rupturing his posterior cruciate ligament in a training drill last month.
Will Hoskin-Elliott
Hip: The No.4 pick in the 2012 draft is 2-3 weeks away from making his return to training.
James Growden
Hip: Growden will be on a modified program for 4-5 weeks following surgery on his hip.
James Stewart
Back: In the rehab group. The son of former Magpie, Craig, also suffered a stress fracture in his back last year

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/teams/gws

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knee surgery for Cornes yesterday - they'd been monitoring him throughout the preseason and ended up consulting with a doctor in Melbourne who found a cyst was the cause of knee issues. Out for 8-10 weeks, making him questionable for round 1.

Knee surgery for Cornes yesterday - they'd been monitoring him throughout the preseason and ended up consulting with a doctor in Melbourne who found a cyst was the cause of knee issues. Out for 8-10 weeks, making him questionable for round 1.

As a more experienced player and Sheedy wanting to give some younger players more of a go, i really cant see him being back till atleast round 3 or 4, which is good because that gives a chance for a younger player to step up :)

Small update with O'hAilpin and Hoskin-Elliot removed from the list as they're reported to be back in full training.

Thought Setanta was back with the main group but that apparently isn't yet the case, unlikely to be in the NAB Cup though he is still ahead of schedule.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-09/afl-club-injury-update
Veteran Chad Cornes, who is preparing for his 15th AFLseason, had surgery to remove a cyst on his right knee on January 30, ruling him out for eight to 10 weeks. Irishman Setanta O'hAilpin is also working through his knee reconstruction. While he has been ahead of schedule, O'hAilpin isn't training with the main group and won't feature in the NAB Cup. Midfielder Dom Tyson ruptured his posterior cruciate ligament in a training incident in December and will be sidelined until May. Rookie-listed Joe Redfern will also sit out the NAB Cup due to bone bruising. But some exciting youngsters, including Lachie Whitfield, Jono O'Rourke and Lachie Plowman, will be on show in the pre-season competition.

Inactives for tomorrow's intra: Tyson, Cornes, Adams, Phillips, Ugle, Growden, Stewart, Redfern

Known injuries were Tyson, Cornes, Growden, Stewart and Redfern; I'd put question marks on Adams, Phillips, Ugle.

Did Ugle pick up something in the allstars game? I saw him kick a very pixilated goal roving the pack and snapping a nice one out of the traffic before giving up on the second half with crappy Internet connection. Seemed to be going ok then.

Updated 25/02/13

Current injuries:
Callan Ward - knee - rest - missed NAB R1, back NAB R2

James Stewart - back (stress fracture) - rehab

Josh Growden - hip - rehab

Matt Buntine - broken rib/partially punctured lung - out - 4-5 weeks (early Apr)

Chad Cornes - knee - out - 5-7 weeks (early Apr)

Dom Tyson - ruptured PCL - out - 3 months (May)

I dont want to feel responsible but i picked the last 3 in a UF draft last week, maybe it is a curse?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back