Other BigFooty Pokemon X and Y Tournament 3 - Draft Tournament

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yeah you're right. I think Dannn said he was doing a weighted system or something, like the NBA lottery i assume.
And if they were the picks, I'd like to think of them as swimming lanes. Everyone wants lane 4! :D

Wait does seed 1 have a higher chance of getting the first pick or the last?
First pick. I know that, intuitively, it would make sense for the worst player to have a better chance of getting the good picks, but in the system we're running it doesn't make much sense to disadvantage those that have been consistently good in tournaments.

It'll be a snake draft anyway, so the player that gets the first pick ends up with pick 1 and 32, while the player that gets the last pick gets 16 and 17, for example.

First pick. I know that, intuitively, it would make sense for the worst player to have a better chance of getting the good picks, but in the system we're running it doesn't make much sense to disadvantage those that have been consistently good in tournaments.

It'll be a snake draft anyway, so the player that gets the first pick ends up with pick 1 and 32, while the player that gets the last pick gets 16 and 17, for example.
Ohhhh, alright then.

What would i take with pick #1? Hmmmn, i gotta get thinking

Ohhhh, alright then.

What would i take with pick #1? Hmmmn, i gotta get thinking
I've just been breeding heaps of Pokemon lately, and it was a terrible idea, now I don't know what I want to use :(

I feel like the shitter people should get a higher pick, like how the AFL and every other draft works. All,the good people will get first picks on the beasts and the people who aren't as good will get the left overs and it'll be even more one sided.
With the snake draft it's a bit of a compromise; the people that have performed consistently well are rewarded with a high first/third/fifth/etc rounder, while those that haven't performed well still get high second/fourth/sixth/etc round picks.

If enough people want it the way you've suggested though that's cool, happy to go with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfectly happy with option 2.

I don't know why anyone would want a standard draft. Horrible
Because people know they're shit and need every advantage possible to be competitive....

Once we've been assigned our mons are we able to trade them with each other or are our teams set in stone once they have been drafted?

The draft order will be drawn in a little while. The rankings were used as per the poll result. The three first-time participants were treated as if they were bottom of the ladder (ie. they have the highest chances of getting the top pick), with their positioning randomised. Everybody's respective chances of gaining the first pick are as follows:
LCynic - 12.50%
nahnah - 11.67%
Vod Ka Nockers - 10.83%
Dirty Bird - 10.00%
PAdman - 9.17%
NathanMJ_WB54 - 8.33%
Samster42 - 7.50%
giffler - 6.67%
The Big Sauce - 5.83%
Unrivaled Mach - 5.00%
Wowsk - 4.17%
Igloo - 3.33%
The Speaker - 2.50%
FlowersByIrene - 1.67%
THE411 - 0.83%

Details on the draft and such will be given after the order is released.

Note: I made an error with the seedings when I posted them the other day. Unrivaled Mach is the sixth seed, which makes The Big Sauce the seventh and giffler the eighth; Samster42 will be unseeded in this tournament.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other BigFooty Pokemon X and Y Tournament 3 - Draft Tournament

Remove this Banner Ad

Back