BigFooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edit: Borgsta got there first.

Quality ball from Jenas and great to see Dawson finally put a header in, really quality goal. Lennon's poise for the second, man, this kid is going to be good.

How ********ing nuts did you go after Lennon's goal?

We've finally arrived. We may not be going as well in the League as last season but we know we can beat anyone if things go our way, which we couldn't do last season.

And how much of a star is Chimbonda? Injuries his medial ligament at the start of the game and not only plays on but killed them.

Oh, and Lennon's OK.

7 games in all comps without a loss now. Need to keep going.

We've finally arrived.

As what? You don't finish fourth or better this season and you've failed. Your potential and talent deserves such league positions.

We may not be going as well in the League as last season but we know we can beat anyone if things go our way,

Like Drogba's disallowed goal?

the dude from your team not being sent off for elbowing?

or having 4 shots on target compared to Chelsea's 12 or something?

Still trying to work out what Terry was sent off for as well. Every set piece he's rugby tackled (I'm talking all games here) because he's such a threat and never gets any protection and then got punished as an afterthought from Graham '3 card trick' Poll for I don't know what. Chelsea probably should've tried the rugby tactics on Dawson. ;)

(btw all that being said Tottenham didn't not deserve their win you played well exposed Chelsea on set pieces, have some very good players who performed in a big game. Your midfield after about 30 minutes restricted the impact of Chelsea's Zokora in particular was effective as was Lennon. Jenas and Ghali are crap. Infact if Ghali was sent off for that elbow you guys probably would've been more of a threat. More helpful to Chelsea than anything leaving him on.

Your team is a long way from arrived considering the potential you have. One result like this doesn't change anything.

I tipped a Tottenham win in this fixture, as I said coming off the Barcelona game Chelsea were always going to be there for the taking and unlike games at Stamford Bridge home teams always have a chance of beating Chelsea. Particuarly Tottenham who are a very strong home team.

Oh, and Lennon's OK.

Apart from the goal he wasn't anything that special. His crossing is woeful. Brilliant player but I'm sure he has better games than last night. People will just remember it (and rightfully so) for his winner, great goal it was too.

Great win for Spurs. Really happy for you guys I really like Martin Jol and the quality you have in your team should be at minimum top 6 on the table.

Zokora, Assou-Ekotto and Berbatov are all class signings.

Compare them to Liverpool's

Pennant, Aurelio, Gonzalez

And you'll see how well Jol has done.

Great stuff!

As what? You don't finish fourth or better this season and you've failed. Your potential and talent deserves such league positions.

Our record against the top 4 in the past 2 seasons has been shocking. We've managed to jump from 14th to 9th to 5th on the back of beating mid-table clubs. We've just kncoked off the champions. Hence, to a degree, I think we've arrived.

Like Drogba's disallowed goal?

the dude from your team not being sent off for elbowing?

or having 4 shots on target compared to Chelsea's 12 or something?

Yep, nothing wrong with Drogba's goal. Should have stood and would have made it impossible for us. But we've had our share of bad decisions. Like the red card and penalty against Davenport against your mob.

You can argue Ghaly should have got a red, but then you could argue Lampard could have got a red for his studs up tackle on Chimbonda. Neither deserved a red though IMO, cancels each other out.

Still trying to work out what Terry was sent off for as well. Every set piece he's rugby tackled (I'm talking all games here) because he's such a threat and never gets any protection and then got punished as an afterthought from Graham '3 card trick' Poll for I don't know what. Chelsea probably should've tried the rugby tactics on Dawson. ;)

Well no one knows what he was sent off for. Some say he elbowed Ekotto in the head after he ran off. Some say it was for racial abuse. Either way, Terry knew what was coming and didn't protest, so I'm thinking it was deserved.

Your team is a long way from arrived considering the potential you have. One result like this doesn't change anything.

Disagree. We've had a ********house run with injuries to our best players this year. We're starting to get guys like Lennon, King and Berrbatov back to full fitness, and we're on a 7 game unbeaten run. I'd say our potential is starting to show.

I tipped a Tottenham win in this fixture, as I said coming off the Barcelona game Chelsea were always going to be there for the taking and unlike games at Stamford Bridge home teams always have a chance of beating Chelsea. Particuarly Tottenham who are a very strong home team.

So did I. And a Lennon winner I think as well.

Apart from the goal he wasn't anything that special. His crossing is woeful. Brilliant player but I'm sure he has better games than last night. People will just remember it (and rightfully so) for his winner, great goal it was too.

I wouldn't say woeful. Needs improving, but the ball to Keane before then end of the first half suggests it is better than woeful. I think he has a good final ball from a standing start, but when he's running at 100km/h he needs to clean it up. Still, he is terrorising left backs at only 19 years old.

Great win for Spurs. Really happy for you guys I really like Martin Jol and the quality you have in your team should be at minimum top 6 on the table.

Zokora, Assou-Ekotto and Berbatov are all class signings.

Compare them to Liverpool's

Pennant, Aurelio, Gonzalez

And you'll see how well Jol has done.

Great stuff!

Our signings have been very good, and with the money we got for Carrick, it's virtually been at no cost.

The best thing about last night's result is that some Liverpool fans (namely jod) think that we've helped them out in the title race. ;)

Our record against the top 4 in the past 2 seasons has been shocking. We've managed to jump from 14th to 9th to 5th on the back of beating mid-table clubs. We've just kncoked off the champions. Hence, to a degree, I think we've arrived.

Fair enough.

The point I'm making though is that looking at your first team and to a lesser degree your squad your team imo is still a long way from acheiving what it could.

Yep, nothing wrong with Drogba's goal. Should have stood and would have made it impossible for us. But we've had our share of bad decisions. Like the red card and penalty against Davenport against your mob.

Davenport's was a clear penalty ;) He kicked the air which proceeded to kick Agbonlehenry. Pretty simple decision for the referee really.

I'm not sure if it would've made it impossible. Unlike most sides you ran at Chelsea and caused them problems and unlike basically any side you caused them real problems from set pieces. Very impressive performance from Tottenham last night.

You can argue Ghaly should have got a red,

I think he should've gotten a yellow but if you look at some of the reds that were given earlier in the season (especially after the Thatcher incident) then he could've easily been sent off. A yellow the right decision imo but could consider himself lucky in a way he wasn't sent off.

but then you could argue Lampard could have got a red for his studs up tackle on Chimbonda.

Disagree. It was a bad challenge from Lampard, possibly with a harsh referee a yellow, but never a red. Got the ball first, then the only impact on Chimbonda's legs was when his legs got caught up with Lampard and it twisted. When i saw that happen and feared the worst (what else could you do with the footage), it didn't look much dissimilar to Bullard's. Young Pascal should consider himself very lucky to not be seriously injured. He is a great player though, I definitely agree with your assessment there.

Neither deserved a red though IMO, cancels each other out.

No.

But Lampard's was never a red. Clumsy tackle, yes.

Well no one knows what he was sent off for. Some say he elbowed Ekotto in the head after he ran off. Some say it was for racial abuse. Either way, Terry knew what was coming and didn't protest, so I'm thinking it was deserved.

It may have been deserved.

But the only thing I'll say about it is what made Graham Poll suddenly change his mind? As originally it was clear he was going to take no action against Terry, and then all of a sudden as Terry was walking back he gives him a second yellow card. He is a ******** referee so we shouldn't be surprised. Better than Rob Styles though I guess.

Disagree. We've had a ********house run with injuries to our best players this year.

Yeah, you've got me there. :thumbsu:

I neglected to remember that. Tottenham's injury run this season has been as bad as any and I don't know how much quality in depth you guys have. Probably not as much as you'd like I'd imagine.

We're starting to get guys like Lennon, King and Berrbatov back to full fitness, and we're on a 7 game unbeaten run. I'd say our potential is starting to show.

Those three guys are all class, add in Zokora and you have your four most important players imo.

So did I. And a Lennon winner I think as well.

Showoff.

Well go and check my pre-match analysis of the Charlton-Manchester City game, a 1-0 scoreline with Bent scoring the winner. I'm amazing.

I wouldn't say woeful. Needs improving, but the ball to Keane before then end of the first half suggests it is better than woeful. I think he has a good final ball from a standing start, but when he's running at 100km/h he needs to clean it up. Still, he is terrorising left backs at only 19 years old.

oh he's a superstar, and I think he'll be a champion, don't get me wrong. Crossing will never be his strong point but I'm sure it will improve. As for that cross to Keane, it was with his left foot as well.

And Ashley Cole isn't the easiest player for a right winger who's main asset is pace and dribbling to handle. He did a good job considering.

The best thing about last night's result is that some Liverpool fans (namely jod) think that we've helped them out in the title race.

oh I saw that!

Quite seriously imo, there is no difference in the quality of first team XI's between Liverpool and Tottenham and like I tipped at the beginning of the season I think Tottenham will finish ahead of Liverpool in 5th. You are definitely catching up to Liverpool (not so sure about Arsenal), but I fear those injuries and somewhat indifferent form, it must be said at the beginning of the season may cost you guys in your pursuit of fourth place.

Really you need to win basically every home game like Liverpool do and get results away from home where you can.

Good luck. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this deserves to be posted twice.

1162750264_spt_ai20_tottenhamvchelsea.gif

Not really, Mourinho hugged him after the final whistle so I don't think it bothered him too much.

Say what you like about him but there can be no denying that Jol is a top bloke who is respected by all within the game. Never complains about anything and is never arrogant. That photo was just good timing and is funny, but Jol wasn't doing it to incite Mourinho.

Say what you like about him but there can be no denying that Jol is a top bloke who is respected by all within the game. Never complains about anything and is never arrogant. That photo was just good timing and is funny, but Jol wasn't doing it to incite Mourinho.
No he wasn't and Mourinho didn't care.

Jol and Mourinho would be in my favourite 4 or 5 managers in the league.

Wonder if we'll see more of Keane on the left now?

Port Vale up tonight/tomorrow, going to be tough as we've got a few injuries and the squad has a lot of inexperience in it. In some great news, Steed Malbranque will be debuting for the club, and Dorian Dervite is in the squad.

From the official site:

Martin Jol revealed the Frenchman will be involved in the Carling Cup 4th round tie after recovering from the hernia surgery that has delayed the start to his playing career at the Club following his transfer from Fulham at the end of August.

As we approach our third home game in seven days, Martin reported that there will be changes to the team and another recent signing, defender Dorian Dervite, has also been added to the squad.

"We have to because of the amount of games that we're playing," reasoned the manager. "We've got a good, big squad and players knocking on the door like Tom Huddlestone, Edgar Davids and now Steed Malbranque.

"Steed has worked very hard to come back and he is fit now, although not really match fit. He has looked so good in training that I have made the decision to start him tomorrow.

"At the back we have got a few injuries, Michael Dawson will be there, but we will rest Ledley King. Pascal Chimbonda is out with a knock, Paul Stalteri is also out with a knee injury. Calum Davenport needs another ten days and Anthony Gardner picked up a knee injury in training on Saturday and won't be involved.

"Lee Young-Pyo is fit again and will probably play, but Teemu Tainio is still out. Charlie Lee, Dorian Dervite and Phil Ifil are in the squad, along with Andy Barcham."

With the amount of carry by their fans over the past few days because Spurs won a whole game, I'm sure the announcement of the open top bus parade to celebrate it isn't too far off.

I'll be sure to keep my weekend free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back