Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Argentinian media make shit up for transfers. Have been getting linked to Juan Foyth from Estudiantes. 19yo CB.
Slight problem being that he doesn't have a EU passport and isn't capped internationally so no visa would be granted :$

So much BS atm.
Didn't Arsenal have a similar problem with a Brazilian winger called Wellington Silva?

Even Argentinian media make shit up for transfers. Have been getting linked to Juan Foyth from Estudiantes. 19yo CB.
Slight problem being that he doesn't have a EU passport and isn't capped internationally so no visa would be granted :$

So much BS atm.

Thought click bait in Aussie sport was bad! International transfer rumours is quite possibly the worst. And the click bait to make you jump through hoops to find the information you are after is even worse than the re hashed made up bull shit you are trying to find.

Will Siggy go for 50m? Or is that BS paper talk?
40m offered and rejected. Not travelling with the preseason tour = alarm bells. He may be not far off, maybe another 5m, might just be trying to bleed a little more of the Lukaku money out of EFC.
If they land him I reckon we're short odds to get RB.

There does seem to be a long line of transfer dominoes this period at the moment though

CMs with Utd, Juve and Chelsea potentially

AMs with Swansea, Everton, Spurs, Bayern, Real Madrid, Juve

Strikers with Everton, Chelsea, Utd, Atletico and maybe Real Madrid. Potentially Arsenal gets involved too if Giroud goes to Everton though.

Ligue 1s best prospects getting hammered as a regular starting point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a fan of King?

Would have thought we are paying big amounts for Barkley to essentially sit on the bench (when Son is fit and returns would be in front of Ross?).

I understand that Son can play up front (in place of Kane) but still hold out hope that Levy can get a deal done for a genuine number 9. King intrigues me as a player, he is versatile enough to play as a lone striker but mobile enough to play in behind a Kane (or similar).

He showed enough last term in a variety of finishes to show enough for mine.
There's no doubt he's capable, but not for us

22m is not bad considering inflation + the pathetic asking prices Portuguese teams have historically placed on their players. Heck Markovic cost more like 3 years ago and he was vastly unproven at the time he was bought.

He can play RB/RW so I'd imagine he'll be well suited to RWB also, I believe this could be a genuine target for us.

Walker was always going to go. Levy wouldn't have sanctioned the move had Trippier not been at the club. Bottom line is, no team can really expect to have a player who could play for any of the top six sitting on the bench. Perhaps he will get bench time at City though, but he'll be earning over twice as much doing it.

The right thing to do for us - as long as we reinvest and reinvest well

Walker was always going to go. Levy wouldn't have sanctioned the move had Trippier not been at the club. Bottom line is, no team can really expect to have a player who could play for any of the top six sitting on the bench. Perhaps he will get bench time at City though, but he'll be earning over twice as much doing it.

The right thing to do for us - as long as we reinvest and reinvest well
Pereira and Barkley in = improved squad depth imo if those rumoured targets come in if we use the Walker money on him

I see Barkley as a potential 8 rather than a AM/10 due to his size and technical ability on the ball, but he'll be versatile enough to help cover a few positions in midfield which helps.

Dembele isn't getting any younger and is injury prone, Barkley will get a lot of minutes for us imo should he come to us.

If Lamela gets back to full fitness then ever better also.

It's his pace that makes Walker great. Are we selling him before his pace goes? No doubt he had his head turned but is the impending loss of pace in years to come a reason why they didn't fight hard to keep him?

It's his pace that makes Walker great. Are we selling him before his pace goes? No doubt he had his head turned but is the impending loss of pace in years to come a reason why they didn't fight hard to keep him?
Good question, he'll be 28 soon I think

How did previously quick wingers/full backs decline? I seem to feel Dani Alves has got the most out of himself from the recent Ws/FBs. Wright-Phillips declined heaps.

I think once their agility goes also then that's when it gets tough

Good question, he'll be 28 soon I think

How did previously quick wingers/full backs decline? I seem to feel Dani Alves has got the most out of himself from the recent Ws/FBs. Wright-Phillips declined heaps.

I think once their agility goes also then that's when it gets tough
28 is considered the peak year for a footballer. He's a good buy for them cos he's exactly what they need - that's the main downside we are strengthening a rival. Think they'll only get 2-3 peak years out of him though because his main attribute is his athleticism which will start to diminish after 30. Trippier is only going to get better and better I think. Reckon he'll start for England in Russia next summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back