Bigman’s Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all, was there any poster reports or media reports about a group of our players training yesterday?

I say one reference to it in another thread but couldn’t trace the origin. So many of the other breads go off track - by HUNDREDS of posts - that’s it’s hard to keep up with all the contents and therefore easy to miss meaningful content (like crows training) amongst all the other crap if not posted in this thread.

Hi all, was there any poster reports or media reports about a group of our players training yesterday?

I say one reference to it in another thread but couldn’t trace the origin. So many of the other breads go off track - by HUNDREDS of posts - that’s it’s hard to keep up with all the contents and therefore easy to miss meaningful content (like crows training) amongst all the other crap if not posted in this thread.

So a number of our most promising names - Rachele, “The Beast” TT, Max, Murray and great to see Pedlar there who can easily be best 22. Was that Dowling also? And Borlase.

Plus veterans like a fit Tex, Keays, Crouch and Dawson mentioned - setting a great example 6 weeks before they are officially due back.

I believe we are in for an excellent 2025. Like Horks this year where we win at least one final if not make a prelim. Clearly I can’t point to 2024 form to justify this but why the spike:

• easy draw compared to hardest ever in 2024
  • further maturity of gun youngsters
  • hopefully less injuries for key players (The Beast, Murray, Rankine and Worrell. And Tex)
  • finally crack the winning close games formula (like Power did in 2023 and 2024 after being hopeless at close games before that)
  • 3 first 18 players in who are all very solid B players at worst. They take out our weaker links in team
  • players do play for Matty N. They know this is the year they need to deliver after all the negative publicity this year. We will be very very HUNGRY for success

I actually think we will win 14/15 games and finish 4-6th end of minor round,

Bookmarking this post now including the expected ridicule :)

Regards
HC 119

So a number of our most promising names - Rachele, “The Beast” TT, Max, Murray and great to see Pedlar there who can easily be best 22. Was that Dowling also? And Borlase.

Plus veterans like a fit Tex, Keays, Crouch and Dawson mentioned - setting a great example 6 weeks before they are officially due back.

I believe we are in for an excellent 2025. Like Horks this year where we win at least one final if not make a prelim. Clearly I can’t point to 2024 form to justify this but why the spike:

• easy draw compared to hardest ever in 2024
  • further maturity of gun youngsters
  • hopefully less injuries for key players (The Beast, Murray, Rankine and Worrell. And Tex)
  • finally crack the winning close games formula (like Power did in 2023 and 2024 after being hopeless at close games before that)
  • 3 first 18 players in who are all very solid B players at worst. They take out our weaker links in team
  • players do play for Matty N. They know this is the year they need to deliver after all the negative publicity this year. We will be very very HUNGRY for success

I actually think we will win 14/15 games and finish 4-6th end of minor round,

Bookmarking this post now including the expected ridicule :)

Regards
HC 119
cant possibly predict wins without seeing our fixture

cant possibly predict wins without seeing our fixture

We can’t predict wins even with our fixture

Our fixture rating at the end of the season was vastly different to beginning of the season - we ended up with the hardest 2024 fixture

Who also would have predicted so many home game losses

The comp is so tight - upsets every week

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We can’t predict wins even with our fixture

Our fixture rating at the end of the season was vastly different to beginning of the season - we ended up with the hardest 2024 fixture

Who also would have predicted so many home game losses

The comp is so tight - upsets every week

Isn’t the fixture rating made harder by the fact we lost to these teams and helped them finish higher up the ladder? Win those games and our fixture doesn’t look as bad.

Just a speculation - I remember Burgess saying we were going to do less running last pre-season because it was shorter and everyone ran pb’s when they got back. It seemed we bulked up abit and did alot of wrestling. I wonder if that led to us coming back abit slower? And if we will see more running this pre season - bit of a 2 stage plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a speculation - I remember Burgess saying we were going to do less running last pre-season because it was shorter and everyone ran pb’s when they got back. It seemed we bulked up abit and did alot of wrestling. I wonder if that led to us coming back abit slower? And if we will see more running this pre season - bit of a 2 stage plan.

Back to the old Sando days you reckon?

An easy fixture may well get us into finals, but I don't think it will do anything to help us get to a prelim. We have to actually beat some good teams to do that.

I will just be happy if we see genuine improvement across the board in 2025. Not just in terms of the players themselves, but in terms of better selection policies, clearer gameplan, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigman’s Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back