Player Watch Billy Frampton

Remove this Banner Ad

Like last year when most of our tall players were out injured, Big Bill is being asked again to step out of a role he was really establishing himself in and being tasked with helping out in the ruck and in our forward line. He's got his work cut out for him for the next few weeks.

View attachment 2005208

Who would have guessed when Billy joined that he'd become as important as he has?

Billy has an opportunity now to cement his spot as a starting 22 defender regardless of the club's injury list status. Arguably he has already staked a strong claim.

Who would have guessed when Billy joined that he'd become as important as he has?

Billy has an opportunity now to cement his spot as a starting 22 defender regardless of the club's injury list status. Arguably he has already staked a strong claim.
Tonight he might get the opportunity to become a Dusty Martin type who pushes forward after stoppage to kick and create goals. He's left his run for the Brownlow a bit late, but worth getting on him for the Norm Smith.

Like last year when most of our tall players were out injured, Big Bill is being asked again to step out of a role he was really establishing himself in and being tasked with helping out in the ruck and in our forward line. He's got his work cut out for him for the next few weeks.

View attachment 2005208
Love this big guy ✌️

I love players who get the most out their ability. Billy cops a hard time from some oppo fans (idiots on social media) with the "worst premiership player ever" crap, but I am sure he doesn't care.

When Murphy retired, I was extremely worried for our season, but Billy has certainly stepped up and become an integral part of our side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2005208
That’s why he’s big bad Billy the hole plugging replicant rat f-er. Or whatever it was!! 😂

Could see the Frampton shank a mile off.

He’s not a forward. Occupying Andrews is one thing; leading, marking, kicking goals not so much.

Should be on JUH or even moreso Darcy right now. Dean isn’t tall enough or strong enough for Darcy.

He’s not a forward. Occupying Andrews is one thing; leading, marking, kicking goals not so much.

Should be on JUH or even moreso Darcy right now. Dean isn’t tall enough or strong enough for Darcy.
Cool your jets.
He was holding the ball like I do, and I haven’t kicked a footy in years.
Still, I could see the difference between Mihocek who mostly kicks straight and Frampton holding the ball in a very odd manner.
Defenders never have goal kicking practice?

This is your weekly reminder that without Frampton in defence this season, we are 0-3-0.

With Frampton in defence, 6-1-2.

That is all.

Last edited:
think we need to recognise, we don’t win when Billy doesn’t play in our back line.

Not sure how to combat our ruck issue without Cox but Billy can’t be spared from the back line. Dean isn’t up to it. May never be.

Billy and Darcy have been a good combo in previous games.

This is your weekly reminder that without Frampton in defence this season, we are 0-3.

That is all.
I think this is the more important takeaway than who is up forward. Dean & Howe are far too undersized to be tasked with 2 of JUH/Darcy/Lobb IMO.

It was particularly important with WB dominating in the middle

This is your weekly reminder that without Frampton in defence this season, we are 0-3.

That is all.
Precisely. Hadn’t seen this when I commented just after it but it’s spot on. We do better with Billy in our back line.

He’s too valuable to remove from it now. No longer a utility. Now a bonafide key position back man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back