Billy Hartung

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the posting in this thread is woeful.

"2 years!!!"

Learn the rules. It doesn't apply in hartung's situation. He gets one. But he'll be getting more than 1 year when he wins AA honours in 2018.

It's all about list spots. If North picked him up as a DFA then we would not has used that pick in the draft as we would have only had 4 spots on the list.

Yes it does. ND selection. Under 23, gets 2 year contract.

He’s not half as bad as people make out.

Will be a fine pick up, but will also frustrate North fans with some of his errors.
If he continues to have someone in his ear telling him that his coach doesn’t understand him, doesn’t use him well enough and that he’s better than he is, it could all end pretty quickly for him.

Have heard suggestions that we will look to use him as a run with player.

He's lobbed at Arden Street. Looks focused.

23844518_10155389070596843_1654645034691774261_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the rule is if previously drafted but under 23 years of age, which he is, get 2 years
Not it is not.

It is previously drafted, age doesn't come into this criterion, or he was originally drafted over the age of 23, not both.

So he's on a one-year contract.

Not sure why this is such a big issue for some posters.

Not it is not.

It is previously drafted, age doesn't come into this criterion, or he was originally drafted over the age of 23, not both.

So he's on a one-year contract.

Not sure why this is such a big issue for some posters.

Not a big issue for me. I couldn't care less either way. Just posting what I read in Rule 6.4.
1 year, 2 years or 5 good luck to him

This bloke is absolutely useless. Shocking disposal. Really surprised North downgraded Gibson for Hartung.

North are going through a rebuild phase and Hartung is about nine years younger then Gibson and fits into their clubs age profile going forward.

Hartung gets it on the outside sure, but then hesitates and chips safe little sideways kicks.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

This'll be the key to whether he kicks on or not. Needs to play some selfish footy and when he gets it just take off and take the game on. He may be a little too scared for that perhaps but he needs to make his attributes work for him to extend his career further.

Massively underpaid at his age and potential game output.

A couple of possible scenarios.

Did he nominate his terms or did he just wait and see who took him at the base rate? If indeed he's only on $70k for the year. Has his contract been made public? Or is the contract another of Snakes "inside information tips"

I wonder whether if he isn't actually on a 2 year deal was it his idea or norths?

It seems a bit odd that north would only offer him a 1 year deal if they really rated him, maybe his "last chance saloon" and they're waiting to judge his output before possibly offering him an extension.
Or
He may be backing himself to have a breakout year and then see if a bigger club comes knocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back