Billy Longer vs Brodie Grundy

Billy Longer vs Brodie Grundy

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call it the Josh Fraser syndrome.

Grundy is nothing like Josh Fraser. Fraser was getting plenty of it for a 'tall' man at a young age, but had no aggression, was weak physically and wasn't even a good tap ruckmen.

Grundy gets probably more of it than most young rucks, is big and strong, aggressive, and his tap work as your best ruckmen of all time said, his tap work and footy-smarts is that of a 200 game veteran.

Nothing alike.

Grundy is nothing like Josh Fraser. Fraser was getting plenty of it for a 'tall' man at a young age, but had no aggression, was weak physically and wasn't even a good tap ruckmen.

Grundy gets probably more of it than most young rucks, is big and strong, aggressive, and his tap work as your best ruckmen of all time said, his tap work and footy-smarts is that of a 200 game veteran.

Nothing alike.
Weird.

That is exactly what the fans of 15 other clubs said for the majority of Frasers career at the Pies but completely opposite to what Pies fans were saying.

Nothing alike.

If his tapwork is like a 200 game veteran Id suggest he would be playing.

If his tapwork is like a 200 game veteran Id suggest he would be playing.

I never said that, Simon Madden said that. I suggest your a troll haven't read your shit, but the vibe I'm getting you're a troll, you're on ignore from now on.

Weird.

That is exactly what the fans of 15 other clubs said for the majority of Frasers career at the Pies but completely opposite to what Pies fans were saying.

Josh Fraser one of the more maligned players who played for Collingwood by its own supporters.

I don't think Collingwood supporters were every saying he was big and strong, or that he went in hard at the ball. If you want to talk on behalf of myself and my supporters then I will put you on ignore too. Last chance.

I never said that, Simon Madden said that. I suggest your a troll haven't read your shit, but the vibe I'm getting you're a troll, you're on ignore from now on.

Fantastic just pointing out the obvious. The mayo that gets added to any Collingwood players performance by their supporters and media is by far the worse.

Josh Fraser one of the more maligned players who played for Collingwood by its own supporters.

I don't think Collingwood supporters were every saying he was big and strong, or that he went in hard at the ball. If you want to talk on behalf of myself and my supporters then I will put you on ignore too. Last chance.
:( That is so harsh man. Please please don't do that, how will I survive.

Oh and yeah Pies fans spent a large part of his career telling us how good Fraser was and a clean run with injuries would see him dominate.

:( That is so harsh man. Please please don't do that, how will I survive.

Oh and yeah Pies fans spent a large part of his career telling us how good Fraser was and a clean run with injuries would see him dominate.

Well, he was dominating the state game in 08 before he did his PCL that finished him. Seems your trying to convince me what Colligwood fans thought of Fraser? Seems your trying to tell me that Fraser wasn't maligned by a large portion of Collingwood supporters? Yep, you go to ignore from now on like Adam H.

Well, he was dominating the state game in 08 before he did his PCL that finished him. Seems your trying to convince me what Colligwood fans thought of Fraser? Seems your trying to tell me that Fraser wasn't maligned by a large portion of Collingwood supporters? Yep, you go to ignore from now on like Adam H.
:(

If you tell it how it is try being truthful about Bellchambers.

I will respond to you because I can't put you on ignore for some reason.

I thought Bellchambers was developing into a decent ruckmen. However, last year his poor games were atrocious. This year he's been atrocious full stop. Because of the lack of ruck prospects coming through at Essendon you'd have to keep him on the list unless you trade for another ruck.

As far as trade value goes he's worth very little.

Another one who I liked last year, or has caused me some angst but has disappointed this year is David Myers. That's for a different discussion though. Just an awkward size who doesn't fulfil any particular position. A NQR at pick 5 when Dangerfield was available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still waiting for you to tell it like it is because that comment is clearly a troll.

A 25yo ruck prospect who's shown little improvement over a five to six year period. Having a terrible year has gone backwards big time. Would have had trade value last year but nothing to next to nothing this year and that's not taking into account ASADA hanging over his head.

Would have to have to be traded to a club that was desperate for a ruckmen. No club really springs to mind either.

WOULD NOT WANT AT COLLINGWOOD. Yuk.

A 25yo ruck prospect who's shown little improvement over a five to six year period. Having a terrible year has gone backwards big time. Would have had trade value last year but nothing to next to nothing this year and that's not taking into account ASADA hanging over his head.

Would have to have to be traded to a club that was desperate for a ruckmen. No club really springs to mind either.

WOULD NOT WANT AT COLLINGWOOD. Yuk.
A) We're not gonna trade him

B) He's been injured all year

C) You're not getting him so no worries

A) We're not gonna trade him

B) He's been injured all year

C) You're not getting him so no worries

Good to hear. Although his name was mentioned last year in regards to trade talk. Gone backwards big time this year.

Good to hear. Although his name was mentioned last year in regards to trade talk. Gone backwards big time this year.
Being unable to train/get on the park will do that.

I remember his name being up for trade, didn't want it then, don't want it now. Rucks are not something we have an excess of and I don't want to see Daniher/Carlisle/Hooker in there more than they need to be as they're too valuable elsewhere.

Being unable to train/get on the park will do that.

I remember his name being up for trade, didn't want it then, don't want it now. Rucks are not something we have an excess of and I don't want to see Daniher/Carlisle/Hooker in there more than they need to be as they're too valuable elsewhere.

Yep rucks are valuable so you will have to keep a hack one, we used to have Cameron Wood on our list so I know how you feel.

As for the importance of rucks, rapt we have the best two rucks coming through taken in the last 3 years. :thumbsu:

There banging on about Jarrod Witts now.

Jealous are you? Pies have the two of the absolute best young rucks coming through the ranks, and we aint seen Mason Cox yet.

I'm rapt Peptidon didn't trade Bellchambers last year, absolute spud. Ryder is a gun and coming right into his prime though, goes missing in big games and mentally weak at times so he will be the reason you fail in finals.

Ryders window for his best footy will be small as it's taken ages and relies not on strength but his athleticism, once that goes and it will be downhill from here, Bombers will be desperate fro rucks.

Pies will have Witts/Grundy that's gunna be fun to watch.
That's it,make it about Essendon.

Witts is developing very well, Grundy got overhyped thanks to his end of last season but he'll end up a very good player. It's hardly unusual for a ruckman to have second year blues...

Nothing alike.
How many 200 gamers do you see running around at VFL level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back