BJ Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

You really are indeed a sad, pathetic tragic sainter fan aren't you?

Seek professional help before you end it all. It's not that bad you know. Life goes on.

How was I being sad and pathetic? If I was Goddard I woulda left for substantially more money too. What's sad and pathetic is all the bomber fans over the pre season trying to claim he left for anything but money. It was obvious last night that that is far from the case. Goddard was a top bloke and our club low balled him and I wish him luck, like I always have.

See this is where you are wrong. The saints had the opportunity to offer something in the same ball park but didn't. If the saints weren't going down the tubes in all likelihood BJ would still be there and wouldve happily accepted less coin. Alas he is seeking a shot at a premiership (shame on him) and essentially jumped ship before it started sinking.

Do you think if it was Melbourne offering him the extra cash he would've joined..? Think again, players play to win flags just like teams do business to win flags, nothing else! Just ask Doug Hawkins, his biggest regret in footy was not accepting an offer to join the Bombers at the end of 83...

How was I wrong? I was saying that if we offered the same money he would've stayed. But we didn't, hence the reason he left for money. Maybe read the thread before flying off your handle.

There's nothing wrong with the passion shown by Goddard. It shows he loved the club, has an extreme amount of love for what he was able to achieve with them, and shows that money was the deciding factor in him leaving.

Headline after ANZAC day clash: Brendon Goddard cries after beating team he supported as a child

taking the piss obv

He was a Carlton supporter.

Formula for AFL success: identify St Kilda star being shafted in contract negotiations, poach, win football matches.

Ball, Goddard, next?

Lockett, Winmar, Hall, Everitt, Darryl & Shane Wakelin, the list goes on.

Anyway, loved the emotion. Showed he isn't a robot and that he doesn't forget what he's been through with his mates. All class.

If only the Saints fans who booed Goddard could let that message sink in and get it into their heads that BJ had no other choice. You're talking over a half a million dollars more in the pocket after you retire.

He chose Essendon for his own reasons. And of course the money was a factor. But he just did what most other humans would do in the same situation.

You've got to be able to empathise with saints fans though, he's no longer one of theirs. Saints fans could be facing a period with their team at the bottom of the ladder, watching Goddard week in week out coouldve been one of the shining lights for them. I'm glad st Kilda chose not to give him a bucket of cash, their window is closed, he would've played out his career without the prospect of a flag. Saints also made the right decision, the rebuild has started. Their older players are too old to be around in 2 - 3 yrs where they could have possibly rejuvenated their list (and that's if all went well). I guess saints fans just have to find a way to come to terms with that. Short term pain for long term gain. There's no sense in treading water, take the hit now and rebuild for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suprised Hirdy didnt cry yesterday . Oh thats right he was taking his multivitamins.
Your posting is bad and you should feel bad.

How was I being sad and pathetic? If I was Goddard I woulda left for substantially more money too. What's sad and pathetic is all the bomber fans over the pre season trying to claim he left for anything but money. It was obvious last night that that is far from the case. Goddard was a top bloke and our club low balled him and I wish him luck, like I always have.

After your multiple whinges you've changed your tune. Good.

He chose to leave, so at the end of the day I have no empathy for him. If he 'loved' the club so much he would have accepted a 3 year deal and not as much cash. Clearly money is his main objective, as it is for most players. You can't just turn around and cry now that you beat them, you chose this.

I think it was a good decision by both clubs though, Saints premiership window over don't want to pay Goddard a bucket load. Essendon rising, a chance at a flag perhaps in a few years.

I like him as a player though.

Yep, that disgraceful act by a low, mongrel dog scumbag just shows what the saints are reduce to now.

A sad rabble.

Milne knows the end is near and his premiership chance has gone. Older saints players who snubbed Goodard can wallow in their own misery and suck on a big fat jucy ####ing lemon. They have nothing now.

For some, the bitter taste of jealousy will linger for many years after they retire. Such is life.

have a sook

what was Dempsey's excuse at half time?

'disgraceful act by a low, mongrel dog scumbag' o_O

:rolleyes:

have a sook

what was Dempsey's excuse at half time?

'disgraceful act by a low, mongrel dog scumbag' o_O

:rolleyes:

Milne is about (and always has been) everything that is bad in being a footballer.

Low life dog on the field and abuser of woman off it.

You should be proud to claim as your own.

Milne is about (and always has been) everything that is bad in being a footballer.

Low life dog on the field and abuser of woman off it.

You should be proud to claim as your own.

you must have misread, I was asking about Dempsey, have another try.

Remove this Banner Ad

BJ Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back