BL Board SuperCoach - Premier League

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like I managed to have a win despite Notts having Ablett as captain. Not having Gazza is not hurting me with losses but I'm not going to go anywhere in the finals without him. I just can't bring myself to spend that much money. But waiting for him to drop in price is like waiting for oil prices to decline.

I've conceded defeat and getting him + some rookie instead of Stiller plus whoever else I need to boot.

Some interesting trades to consider depending on team changes. I've got Cornes, Dal Santo, Hayes, Judd and Bradshaw in some sort of doubt for this week. I can cover Cornes (Hansen), Bradshaw (Morton) but if all 3 of those mids don't play then I'm in some trouble.

Also, the declining value of Palmer is starting to concern me. He's a reserve for me (along with Cotchin) but his poor efficiency is hurting his scores. Ideally, I'd downgrade him for a youngster, allowing me then to upgrade 2 of Griffen, Osborne or Simmonds who are my weak links (other than the injured players). But there's not much in terms of youngsters with scoring potential - Ward or Eddy maybe?

I've conceded defeat and getting him + some rookie instead of Stiller plus whoever else I need to boot.
I just haven't got the balls to spend that much money on him. I think I'm going to make him my last trade before the finals. I just have to make sure I have enough cash at the time to upgrade one of my midfielders for him.

My ladder prediction:

Roo's Magoos (currently 12th)
Browny's 22 (3rd)
Quigley (2nd)
Jumper Punch (7th)
Johns Team (an unlucky 16th)
Fairley's Force (1st)
Lionbear Bears (13th)
The Retired Nigels (10th)

Slider's Squad (6th)
Josh's Penguins (15th)
Brisbane Dragons (8th)
The freddie factor (11th)
Belgium FC (9th)
Lethal's Lions (5th)
POBT's Plebs (4th)
The Afterlife (14th)

I think all you got right was how good Konstas and Quigley would be and how shit Grim would be. BigFooty's Nostradamus.

The real,real ladder.

Overall ranking from 220,397 players.

1.Fairley's Force 279

2.Quigley 4278

3.Belgium 4531

4.Jumper Punch 5539

5.Leathal's Lions 6049

6.POBT 9202

7.Retired Nigels 15920

8.Brisbane Dragons 16018

9.Roo's Magoos 17306

10.The freddie factor 18491

11.Slider's Squad 18668

12.Browny's 22 28967

13.The Afterlife 42651

14.Josh's Penguins 55988

15.Lionbear Bears 67362

16.John's Team 168080

I think all you got right was how good Konstas and Quigley would be and how shit Grim would be. BigFooty's Nostradamus.

In classic BigFooty style I will respond with:

Round 8
POBT - 1759
Grim - 1974

so nerrrrrr....:p

I just haven't got the balls to spend that much money on him. I think I'm going to make him my last trade before the finals. I just have to make sure I have enough cash at the time to upgrade one of my midfielders for him.

I got off to a shocking start because of a massive misreading of how SC works in my first season, so I'm trying to sneak into finals by winning as many as possible on a trot. Much different situation I suspect. :eek:

Having said that, he'll probably have a leg amputated within three weeks once I grab him...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ablett has caught the eyes of the Penguins selecters and has made it into their squad.
I feel like I have sold my soul though!!!

You'd have to have sold something for that much... ;)

Off to a flyer this week. Unfortunately Freddie's got the same players.:rolleyes:

Was so tempted to make Braddles the captain... as per the stat game I'm anticipating plenty of goals, I wouldn't be surprised if he kicks double figures.

So the day half my midfielders gather 40+ possessions each and Justin Koschitzke decides to pull his finger out, I play John. :rolleyes:

You find something to complain about EVERY week.

Easily the Mick Malthouse of the Bigfooty Lions Premier League.

You find something to complain about EVERY week.

I've been bloody well shafted and sick of playing with a bunch of philistines and morons.

Can't believe I am still level with that peasant Grimreepah when blind freddie can see I have a vastly superior team.

Speaking of blynd freddie, I can't believe I am behind his bunch of muppets.

Speaking of blynd freddie, I can't believe I am behind his bunch of muppets.

Ok Wazza you’ve opened the door for a return over head smash, what are you are closet tigger supporter? Whine, whine, whine… You’re below Freddie because you couldn’t beat me, simple as that. As for my muppets, let’s just say I’m happier to be a puppeteer pulling strings than a w____’a pulling… :rolleyes: :D ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

BL Board SuperCoach - Premier League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back