Black Bookers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Elusive was absoloutley HUGE then at Cranbourne. The New Zealend owned mare, came from last over 1000 at Cranbourne to win by a neck.

Trainer was beside himself, obviously big things planned.

Huge run, 1000 wasn't suitable but just found a way to win. Great run.

Nothing else made ground.
In race 7 today at Geelong.

Should win if it reproduces form from Cranbourne last sunday.

Brother Mak the lightly raced 4yo Zabeel Western Australian raced gelding was great today.

Sat second last off a slow pace and flew home to pinch third over 1600. When it gets out to 2000 and 2400 it's going to be very hard to beat. Ran 3rd in the WATC Derby (G3) back in april and has seemed to return in good order.

Highly rated type and I would be looking out for it next start.

Southern Skye - Winner of last years Geelong Classic resumed at Rosehill in Race 5 on Saturday (23/10).

Over 1200m, was narrowly beaten by Title.

Worth following this prep over longer.

Tromso - Chris Waller trained 4yo gelding. Been on it the past two starts, unfortunately second both times. Took an eternity to get a run two starts back at Rosehill, and flew home when he did get the split, narrowly losing to Macknuckle. Should have beaten Parthian last start also at Rosehill, when Rothesay was a short priced favourite. I'll be sticking with him this prep and beyond.

Southern Skye - Winner of last years Geelong Classic resumed at Rosehill in Race 5 on Saturday (23/10).

Over 1200m, was narrowly beaten by Title.

Worth following this prep over longer.
Funny you mention Southern Skye. I read the form and saw that prior to having 12 months off, it won in Geelong, came fourth in a Flemington meet and 10/12 in Group One. Do to running in a G1, I decided to back it and lost my shit when I saw it was paying $74 on fixed odds. I put 10EW on it. While I could've walked away with 920 odd bucks, the $175 was still pretty handy!

Was shattered. I hope they haven't harmed her by trying to stretch her out too far last prep.

Babelicious was an impressive first start winner yesterday in a Scone maiden. Noticed her as she was by Not a Single Doubt who seems to be throwing a few handy ones. She sat well back in the field then weaved her way through winning easily.
Might be one to watch if she goes to the city for a midweeker perhaps.

2/2 today, only paid $1.70 though

So Elusive was absoloutley HUGE then at Cranbourne. The New Zealend owned mare, came from last over 1000 at Cranbourne to win by a neck.

Trainer was beside himself, obviously big things planned.

Huge run, 1000 wasn't suitable but just found a way to win. Great run.

Nothing else made ground.

is the number 3 emergency in race 9 tomorrow, already 2 scratchings so should be racing. Thought it's run on Geelong Cup day was full of merit just a tad unlucky due to drawing wide and not getting a cart into the race and having to go 5 and 6 wide around the turn and still found the line well. Should be a good straight line horse, showing $18 ATM a good e/w bet I think.

Out of R3 at Cranbourne today - Yavanna. Have a squiz at the replay - woah. It was her first start and she absolutely flew late making up many lengths and cutting down the leader who looked home. With Freedman for the Sheikh, out of a G3 winning mare by Redoute's Choice.

Interested where they're heading next, but atm am long term black-booking Sanford with an eye on the Blue Diamond :)

Reckon there was a handy Williams/Hickmott import that went around and won today - September Morn. Had a nice run in transit and the leader was left a sitting duck - but once September Morn was out in galloping room he went whooshka and the race was over in the blink of an eye.

I think that leader in the same race was My Sydney Rose (half sister to the handy Anais) is also worth following long term. She's a very big, raw filly, was a bit fired up before the start, will get better with time and distance, suspect she'll be better not left having to lead too.

Clarion Lass is a promising firm track mare and can be followed this prep.
I suspect the form (those in the top 5) out of the R8 will translate into being pretty good at a similar level too..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my longer term blackbookers, the smartly bred Absolute Joy returns to racing in an open race over 1412m at Geelong on Sunday. She progressed nicely last campaign, ending it with a solid finishing 4th in the Queensland Oaks. Not sure what they're aiming her towards this prep or even how long they'll keepo her going for, but hopefully she keeps improving and runs a forward race fresh :)

Moshe won by 5 odd lengths eased up today at Bendigo (race 4) on debut. One would imagine it'd go alright by its breeding :thumbsu:

Stroemsky must break through soon. Threw a win away at Sale whilst hanging badly then got knocked over and still ran 3rd today at Sandown. Very promising type

Horse called Orinoco.

only won 1 from 12 but last start in a field of 5, sat in the gate and was 10 lenghts behind, sprinted the whole way, caught up to the last horse on the turn and, somehow kicked in the straight and caught the leader. Absolutely unbelieveable run. Was on a heavy 10 also. Will be 1 to watch next time especially if he gets a heavy track. Look it up and watch the race, it is quite remarkable

yeh thats horse looks great
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif

A Beta Imagination who just won at Ballarat was well backed and won well, seemed to be a fairly good bunch of maidens as well and despite racing really greenly and taking a while to be wound up - had a soft win in the end and I think it will go on to better things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad