Black Caviar

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice writeup Doc but i think your overhyping average battlers to be perfectly honest. I feel another Aukland Reactor type disaster going to strike but then again the trainers not stupid, i doubt he'll take her ever to meet quality opposition hence him hiding in his own backyard. Lohnro did the same thing during his career, spent all of it dodging Northerly until they finally clashed and wow how embarassing.

You sir are clueless, you will never see a horse as good as Black Caviar again in your lifetime.

Its a pity Hay List didn't go overseas and flog everything this year, instead we have to put up with trolls like you until next year at least.

Skimmed that guys thoughts quickly and there's some truth to what he says. She does beat nothing and she can't stay it would seem. Sure she dominates sprint races but really is there like any genuine group one sprinter she has beat other then Hey List?

She can go around winning every sprint race and win 50 on end but until she actually beats something, she's just another overhyped horse in the same vein as.... ooh what's his name................ Weekend Hustler.

This is honestly not a troll post but i realise this may upset people as certain individuals can't deal with the truth.

The last galloper i followed was Northerly and i can reel off a list a top flight horses he beat and he did it like a BOSS eyeballing Sunline in the Cox Plates he won. A real superstar he was.

Black Caviar will never race in anything past 1400m, she was bred to be a sprinter, nothing more. Get over it, Black Caviar is a champion, nothing short that is for sure.

Black Caviar will never race in anything past 1400m, she was bred to be a sprinter, nothing more. Get over it, Black Caviar is a champion, nothing short that is for sure.

Moody has already stated that next Autumn, she will race up to, and including 1600m. Yes, Moody will pick the races she will run in, but she is likely to have her first start past 1200m, 2nd or 3rd up next Autumn, and if she wins well over 1400m, she will then race at 1600m.

I can't see any reason why she can't race up to 1600m, she goes to sleep so easy in her races, and has such a high cruising speed that she could sit anywhere in the run, get some cover then explode at the 600m and still win easily.

And yes, she is a champion, no doubt about it.

When she does step up to 1400 and 1600 she will only be racing against her own sex if Moody sticks to the races he has said.

The only thing that can ever beat her is bad luck. Thats why she will never lose a race down the straight.

I dont know why people just dont accept her as the greatest there has been. She has never been tested apart from the time in she injured herself during the race (maybe her 4th start) and she still won

Pretty sure a lot of people are saying she is the best they have seen. Horses are not machines either so you cannot say she will never lose down the straight, they can be off there game some days.

Also yes she has been tested multiple times. Her wins in Sydney and Brisbane and both her wins at Moonee Valley she was tested. She won them all well but she was still tested.

When she does step up to 1400 and 1600 she will only be racing against her own sex if Moody sticks to the races he has said.

Which races are these?

The Orr and Futurity aren't mares restricted races.

Maybe he's talking about Sydney? Coolmore / Queen Of The Turf?

Would mean a schedule of something like Lightning -> Newmarket -> Sydney

Black Caviar will never race in anything past 1400m, she was bred to be a sprinter, nothing more.

Champions are more likely than ordinary horses to defy type or convention. Perhaps she'll throw back to her great grandsire Northern Dancer, or that branch of the family which produced Derby placegetter Muirfield Village. The record of Bel Esprit's progeny up to 2000m isn't terrible.

As she ages, she'll become more of a professional and relax a little more, increasing her chances of getting over extra ground. Few genuinely great sprinters fail to run 1400m. After that, who knows?

Champions are more likely than ordinary horses to defy type or convention. Perhaps she'll throw back to her great grandsire Northern Dancer, or that branch of the family which produced Derby placegetter Muirfield Village. The record of Bel Esprit's progeny up to 2000m isn't terrible.

As she ages, she'll become more of a professional and relax a little more, increasing her chances of getting over extra ground. Few genuinely great sprinters fail to run 1400m. After that, who knows?

Isn't she retiring after England? I thought WA would be her last Australian race.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Black Caviar