Black Caviar

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing. Why do they avoid the U.S.? I know running on dirt must be way different, but is it the only reason?

Could it be that they killed Phar Lap??:eek:;)..

..seriously, racing in america seems so amaturish? compared to the UK, HongKong, Dubai or Japan....much rather see her tackle the UK than anywhere else though IF she has to go overseas at all..

She doesn't need to go to America IMO..

A 74-rater from Perth? Let's not get too carried away.

74 Rater because they no the rating consequences right now of racing against BC.

Barakey is braining them over there ( o.k I here what you are saying - against what fields? but my point is - the way it is winning Sepoy would seem to have a competitor ) and clearly we will see it next year.

Pity they are avoiding Sepoy too because they could have easily avoided BC's three races and still helped it in the ratings.

BTW

Sepoy - More Joyous - Barakey was a lovely $3.90 multiple today.

74 Rater because they no the rating consequences right now of racing against BC.

Barakey is braining them over there ( o.k I here what you are saying - against what fields? but my point is - the way it is winning Sepoy would seem to have a competitor ) and clearly we will see it next year.

Pity they are avoiding Sepoy too because they could have easily avoided BC's three races and still helped it in the ratings.

BTW

Sepoy - More Joyous - Barakey was a lovely $3.90 multiple today.

Have to disagree here, its not that they are dodging anyone, even if there was no Black Caviar or Sepoy they wouldnt come over. He is just a youngster and its a long way to travel. Just let him develop in WA then come over the same as Hay List. Next season i suspect we will see him

VRC has a once in a lifetime opportunity to put up a megaprize pool and attract Frankel and Silent Witness next year to the Autumn/Spring Carnival. Imagine a three race series with Black Caviar, Frankel, Rocket Man, Sepoy, Barakey and Co.

With the high Aussie dollar. it's possible. NOT pay appearance money! If the horse is good enough they win. English racing is in dire straights too. Why not give us a boost and bring them together here? Comon VRC look after our girl and give her what she deserves on our terms.

At least Scenic Blast might have a crack at her in the Patinack - won't get close but good on them for trying.

America isn't big for its races.

Really? lol

Having been to the Breeders Cup day and Kentucky Derby and lived there for 15 years, you have to be joking. English Racing is in dire straights. They needed Frankel and So You Think so badly to promote last nights meeting.

Outside of our Spring Carnival, I would take the Breeders Cup day anytime over Royal Ascot!

BTW, Racing in Australia isn't exactly thriving outside of the Carnivals.

Really? lol

Having been to the Breeders Cup day and Kentucky Derby and lived there for 15 years, you have to be joking. English Racing is in dire straights. They needed Frankel and So You Think so badly to promote last nights meeting.

Outside of our Spring Carnival, I would take the Breeders Cup day anytime over Royal Ascot!

BTW, Racing in Australia isn't exactly thriving outside of the Carnivals.

I am no racing expert, but this is what I thought as well. Is it not the case that in the UK and Australia racing is as much about the carnival as it is about the actual racing whereas in the U.S. it is purely about the sport. Most of the people who go to the races in Australia have no idea about the actual racing? Is this right or am I completely wrong?

I am no racing expert, but this is what I thought as well. Is it not the case that in the UK and Australia racing is as much about the carnival as it is about the actual racing whereas in the U.S. it is purely about the sport. Most of the people who go to the races in Australia have no idea about the actual racing? Is this right or am I completely wrong?

:thumbsu:

Im not sure connections could care less about American racing, no point what so ever in going there. Better off going to UK, Hong Kong and Japan. If any American wants to take her on they can take her on some where else where they cannot be pumped up with drugs

Bit naive to believe drugging of horses only exists over in America, they do it here as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Black Caviar