Black Diamond AFL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the BDAFL should look at how the leagues are being run in the Murray/Riverina area. In the Murray League there is 4 grades 1st - 4ths. 4th grade is under 14's, 3rd grade is under 17's, 2nds is reserve grade and 1st is 1st. This seems to work in alot of the bush towns, it helps bring juniors thru from a younger age. The other benefit is that these kids in the 4ths and 3rd get a sense of being involved with the club and want to stay and watch footy all day. This means some parents stay and we get more involvement in the club plus people are spending money which help keeps the clubs afloat

What would the reaction be if we were to play Under 18s on a Friday night with Under 16s matches? Would this help in the retention/recruitment of players or would it be harder to keep players? Any thoughts?

What would the reaction be if we were to play Under 18s on a Friday night with Under 16s matches? Would this help in the retention/recruitment of players or would it be harder to keep players? Any thoughts?

it would help definetly...caue then they have all weekend to drink...for instance if they played at nelsons they could stay there the night and hang around the following day and watch seniors and have a few more cans

I personally think footy in our region is up the poo. I think the BDAFL board have blokes on it with no idea and have simple minds. Dont screw around with the draw if clubs struggle its all because some joker wants to make a name for himself. I agree with Deitzy 18's and 16's should be on a friday night.

At one stage it was floated to play 18's on a Wednesday night, any views?

I tend to agree with such is life 9. How many players and parents would want to make a second trip on the Saturday if their club needs them to back up in ressies or even play firsts. I know that they can always get a lift. But how many parents would actually want their kids getting lifts with some of the guys if they happened to tap onto this forum. Put yourself in their shoes. Is there any way the 16s could ever be part of the BDAFL??? Just a thought.

Hey Deitzy, you seem to have a lot of footy knowledge on this forum. Is there any truth in a rumour that Terrigal are trying to get as many quality U18s on the coast even from other clubs to try out for their team. If this is the case and they have actually asked players from other clubs then would that not be detrimental to the league. If what I have been reading clubs are having enought trouble as it is to keep players.

Hey Deitzy, you seem to have a lot of footy knowledge on this forum. Is there any truth in a rumour that Terrigal are trying to get as many quality U18s on the coast even from other clubs to try out for their team. If this is the case and they have actually asked players from other clubs then would that not be detrimental to the league. If what I have been reading clubs are having enought trouble as it is to keep players.

I wouldnt think Terrigal would need to with their quality juniors coming through and with a number of good kids finishing 16s at Saratoga this year. Id be very surprised if their president allowed that to happen as from my dealings with him he seems to be for the improvement of footy across all clubs, not just concerned with his own backyard. I have heard however that a certain club is trying to bolster their 18s numbers by trying to get Terrigal kids across.

Thanks m8. I guess the two parents must have got it wrong about their kids being asked. When I was watching Terrigals pre-season training I was told they had good numbers in the 18s. Have a merry christmas and looking forward to your no nonsense
comments in 2009.

Thanks m8. I guess the two parents must have got it wrong about their kids being asked. When I was watching Terrigals pre-season training I was told they had good numbers in the 18s. Have a merry christmas and looking forward to your no nonsense
comments in 2009.

Terrigal will have a strong team in 18's again, after making it to the grand last year and also the strong 16's/14's.
They havent asked KV or Wyong, but are prob gonna get a couple of Sara guys who move up.
My cousin is playing 18's for Terr next year,1st year player recruited from school, so they are out there looking for talent, hopefully the other clubs are too!!

I have heard however that a certain club is trying to bolster their 18s numbers by trying to get Terrigal kids across.

bloody tigers...haha[/quote]

Your assumption is very wrong there such is life, so that would only leave 2 other clubs on the Coast that would be trying to entice under 18's players from other BDAFL teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bloody tigers...haha

Your assumption is very wrong there such is life, so that would only leave 2 other clubs on the Coast that would be trying to entice under 18's players from other BDAFL teams.[/quote]

You might want to ask your president about your recruiting plans

Your assumption is very wrong there such is life, so that would only leave 2 other clubs on the Coast that would be trying to entice under 18's players from other BDAFL teams.

You might want to ask your president about your recruiting plans[/quote]

i actually meant for it to be a bit of sarcasim...but hey if the boot fits..there is nothing wrong if a club asks a player if they want to change clubs for whatever reasons but, if they say no they should just leave it at that straight away...

I have no issues with Gosford trying to recruit, and its good to see that they are out looking for players. I just think its stupid that UTF comes on here and denies that they are looking for players from other clubs, especially when he is coaching them. They arent the first side to approach players from another club in this competition, and they definitely wont be the last.
Is there any news on recruits or any other coaches as yet?

I have no issues with Gosford trying to recruit, and its good to see that they are out looking for players. I just think its stupid that UTF comes on here and denies that they are looking for players from other clubs, especially when he is coaching them. They arent the first side to approach players from another club in this competition, and they definitely wont be the last.
Is there any news on recruits or any other coaches as yet?

UTF is a good bloke i had the pleasure of meeting him the other day in a super car.... he drives well fast and should join up with nascar very shortly! i just hope he gets a sponsorship! what would you know anyway deitzy ur a traitor and belong in the gutter

UTF is a good bloke i had the pleasure of meeting him the other day in a super car.... he drives well fast and should join up with nascar very shortly! i just hope he gets a sponsorship! what would you know anyway deitzy ur a traitor and belong in the gutter
At least he got to play finals you goose! Enjoy battling it out with lake maq this year! We glad he came up north this year gave our club so much. Dont be so upset that use lost his service from your own stupidity

Think its an in house joke writer combo dont get all angry on here geez.
By the way UTF what are you doing on here. Whats your new years reslolution?? make a new star wars movie or text msg Summers with abusive msg's again???

So does anyone actually have some news on the upcoming season or just the usual crap that is written on here??
Well from talking to a few people i have heard that the panthers will have quite a few new recruits while the tigers have lost quite a few players also i believe the other 2 (bombers and wyong) will have fairly similar lists not too sure on the newcastle clubs can anyone help out or correct me if im wrong about the coast teams

So does anyone actually have some news on the upcoming season or just the usual crap that is written on here??

Well I'm back from my holiday in Aspen and New York (Note to any would be travellers, the USA is best avoided during the XMAS period. Anyone ever seen the classic movie "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"? Definately a fun movie; NOT fun when you actually get to experience it at Denver airport :mad:)

Good to see since I've left people have failed again to have anything worthwhile to say. Same old sledging.

Be good if some people on here actually had New Years Resolutions to "Grow up" (For the record my New Years Resolution is to consoloidate my finaceses and dump struggeling assets)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back