Black Diamond AFL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey im new so go easy on me. i heard that terrigal are getting new gurnseys this season. can anyone verify this for me? what will they look like? are they for all grades?

hey im new so go easy on me. i heard that terrigal are getting new gurnseys this season. can anyone verify this for me? what will they look like? are they for all grades?

They are gonna win a premiership in at least one of the three senior grades so i hope they get new gurnseys!

How good is 2009 gonna be....

If I was at Gosford I would be concerned about the number of quality players leaving. Probably 5 of their 10 best from 2008 look to have gone, including their best and fairest and best and fairest runner up. I think they have recruited a very good coach, however the Tigers always seem to lose players who have been there for a while going back for as long as I can remember.
Who do people think is the early favourite for the comp this year? I think Cardiff will be tough to beat again, sounds like they have recruited well, have a point to prove after last year and have a good group of kids coming through. I wouldnt expect too much else to change, maybe Terrigal and Killarney swap spots and Wyong and Gosford swap but apart from that I cant see too much different. Should be an interesting season with the board looking for ways to make the comp closer.

Stumbled across this while browsing for new guernseys....
http://whitelinedesigns.com.au/index.php?p=productsafl
Not a bad look, but some don't exactly embrace change as well as others.

nice find there i personally dont like it...abit to close for my liking...but also o found a thread on big footy will all different teams and such i know its got nothing to do with BDAFL but i dont care thread is http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376621

your also on the spot there deitzy, there must be something making players leave...as you said alot of quality players have left...definetly cardiff and city top 2 but i reckon terrigal and warners will be in with a show, bombers are abit of an unknown wouldnt hav a clue if they have picked anyone up, i doubt they will if they going to use a youth policy, i think wyong will continue on their good form from last year and be very competitive..

Confident if not cocky....
You're only in January buddy....

Hope you have more signings than you had last season cos it was only a few people that held you up last year. Maurice will certainly be a plus for you. Having a target up forward was a key lacking point for Terrigal last season.

I think Terrigal will go very close in at least one of the three grades. With Gus, Maurice and a few other Syd ring-ins they will definitely by a big chance. Gus (when playing) is the best player in the BDAFL.

Manatwork, I do not think Waugh17 plays at terrigal so how can he be cocky?

2009 Ladder
Terrigal Avoca
Newcastle City
Warners Bay
Cardiff
Killarney Vale
Lake Macquarie
Wyong Lakes
Gosford

Have to ask.... when did Wyong have good form last year?
I don't know about Wyong but the Panthers look to have the goods in all grades from 16s to seniors. With abit of luck they may make the four in all grades. Go the Panthers
Has anyone thought that all the bad press Gosford seem to get, may actually be coming from a disgruntlled past and a few present players who have left the club for what ever reason. From what I have read their main problem has left the club anyway.The new President & Vice are trying to clean up a mess. Surely these guys who left didn't have a problem with the new guys and I only hope they would not lower themselves and try to under mind the efforts of the new committee. If they are then that shows you their true character, pretty poor to say the least having an attitude like "If I can't have it then I'll break it so no one else can have it". Great character would be to hang arround and help. The last thing a club who has to re-build needs, is interferance from people who have left.
Deitzy, you are a smart man who knows and has a lot to offer to the sport. On your last few posts you have had a little dig at Gosford. Mate I don't know what your probs with this club were, but surely they can't be with the new committee. Please don't lower yourself and undo all the good work you have done, I bet you also still have a lot of good mates and memories at that club. Mate only offer help or nothing at all.
Does anyone think this comp could ever afford to loose another club.

2009 Ladder
Terrigal Avoca
Newcastle City
Warners Bay
Cardiff
Killarney Vale
Lake Macquarie
Wyong Lakes
Gosford

Good point.

I think it might finish up...

Cardiff
Warners Bay
Terrigal Avoca
Newcastle City
Killarney Vale
Wyong Lakes
Gosford
Lake Macquarie

2009 Ladder
Terrigal Avoca
Newcastle City
Warners Bay
Cardiff
Killarney Vale
Lake Macquarie
Wyong Lakes
Gosford

That is a big call having Cardiff drop from the top 2 to fourth when they were so dominate last year.I think the top 4 will be Cardiff, City Terrigal, Warners Bay (top three in no particular order but WB fourth). Kilarney Vale and Gosford will be 5 and 6 with the bottom 2 as usual. Will be good for teams to take it to City and Cardiff this year.

Aren't Cardiff chokers, they had three grades in the GF's last year and only won the 18's, how can anyone pssibly think they could again be a top two contender in first grade.

I hope they get a new coach this year, does anyone know if they have appointed one as yet ? they will need it if they are to do any good.

Leave them out fo mine and stick with the really great teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know about Wyong but the Panthers look to have the goods in all grades from 16s to seniors. With abit of luck they may make the four in all grades. Go the Panthers
Has anyone thought that all the bad press Gosford seem to get, may actually be coming from a disgruntlled past and a few present players who have left the club for what ever reason. From what I have read their main problem has left the club anyway.The new President & Vice are trying to clean up a mess. Surely these guys who left didn't have a problem with the new guys and I only hope they would not lower themselves and try to under mind the efforts of the new committee. If they are then that shows you their true character, pretty poor to say the least having an attitude like "If I can't have it then I'll break it so no one else can have it". Great character would be to hang arround and help. The last thing a club who has to re-build needs, is interferance from people who have left.
Deitzy, you are a smart man who knows and has a lot to offer to the sport. On your last few posts you have had a little dig at Gosford. Mate I don't know what your probs with this club were, but surely they can't be with the new committee. Please don't lower yourself and undo all the good work you have done, I bet you also still have a lot of good mates and memories at that club. Mate only offer help or nothing at all.

this whole argument about "death before dishonour" is getting a little tired now mate. Sure my case may be a somewhat isolated one but i think it draws a good point.

You guys seem obbessed with the fact that as heir to the Marina I got a little more than the average guy. Ok i'd be kidding myself if i didnt say ive seen envy, jealousy and gree destroy a few relationships, but it don't mean my plight isn't one of hard decsisons.

As some may or maynot be aware d'Albora Marina's is up for sale and when it goes through it'll prob force me into searching for a new stream of income. Now its not everyday you get hit with this to make tough life decisions but how you choose to deal with it is what defines your character. In my case i had 2 options. the first involved a very handsome salary to jion the management team with another marina in Rushcutters Bay, Sydney. Sure, I could pack my bags, live comfotably in the investment unit i have at Vaucluse, and enjoy the fruits of laburs from an international sity like Sydney whilst earning a tidy 6 figure salary. SURE I Could do that, However the way I have decided to go around things, by buying a new 4 bed house at Soliders Point and investing some money to buy the Shoal Bay newsagents to keep me occupied . Stayin true to your game and true to your community. Its the definitaion of chararcter that we will all be judged on when me meet St Nick at the pearly gates.

Just something for those slagging off clubs they formally had associations with to think about...

Mate I hope you know the full story before you question my character. I think I have given a fair bit of help, assistance and advice over the past 14 months to that club despite what happened and not being around. UTF could back that up, or even their new president. It is a fact that Gosford always seem to lose long term players to other clubs in the league. If you are from Terrigal Im sure you would remember Juddy going there, Mick James is ex-Gosford, Wardrop, Chris Bishop spent a few years at Gosford as a junior, Killarney Vale have had a fair few ex-Gosford players as well (Southwell, Schubert, Harrison, Bembrick etc). Now more are leaving.
I still want to see the Tigers do well and hope they can turn it around on field. 2009 is the biggest year the club faces. I think they have got the right coach, but can the playing group lift and perform for 16 weeks this year. I would like nothing better than to see them do well and become a force in the competition in the future.

this whole argument about "death before dishonour" is getting a little tired now mate. Sure my case may be a somewhat isolated one but i think it draws a good point.

You guys seem obbessed with the fact that as heir to the Marina I got a little more than the average guy. Ok i'd be kidding myself if i didnt say ive seen envy, jealousy and gree destroy a few relationships, but it don't mean my plight isn't one of hard decsisons.

As some may or maynot be aware d'Albora Marina's is up for sale and when it goes through it'll prob force me into searching for a new stream of income. Now its not everyday you get hit with this to make tough life decisions but how you choose to deal with it is what defines your character. In my case i had 2 options. the first involved a very handsome salary to jion the management team with another marina in Rushcutters Bay, Sydney. Sure, I could pack my bags, live comfotably in the investment unit i have at Vaucluse, and enjoy the fruits of laburs from an international sity like Sydney whilst earning a tidy 6 figure salary. SURE I Could do that, However the way I have decided to go around things, by buying a new 4 bed house at Soliders Point and investing some money to buy the Shoal Bay newsagents to keep me occupied . Stayin true to your game and true to your community. Its the definitaion of chararcter that we will all be judged on when me meet St Nick at the pearly gates.

Just something for those slagging off clubs they formally had associations with to think about...
Would be a great decision for this marina in Rushcutters to employ you with such exceptional grammar...would hate to see your resume. Just trying to decipher your posts gives me a migraine. You remind me of one of those kids who has a lemonade stand, with the e and a spelt backwards....Cute. The 'babes' you get must be of the highest calibre. Moron. Would kill to tear you apart on the paddock, would be worth the lengthy suspension i would pick up for poleaxing you.

Aren't Cardiff chokers, they had three grades in the GF's last year and only won the 18's, how can anyone pssibly think they could again be a top two contender in first grade.

I hope they get a new coach this year, does anyone know if they have appointed one as yet ? they will need it if they are to do any good.

---

wasnt it 6 grades in GFs with 4 wins ... not a bad club stat:thumbsu:

---

wasnt it 6 grades in GFs with 4 wins ... not a bad club stat:thumbsu:

A very successful club over the last ten seasons, no doubt about that. I think the writing was on the wall last season for them, though, as soon as their website started sprouting (in about July) that they were going to make a clean sweep of both the junior and senior competitions.

I hear they've picked up a young "gun" from City this season. Nothing like loyalty in this competition is there? Will this be his third club in three seasons?

Hi Greenkeeper. Why shouldn't this comp lose another club? If it meant that certain clubs combined to make a couple of strong and competitive entities rather than four weak ones, then surely it could only be a good thing for football in the area. Everyone talks about getting competitive football matches but no one wants to even consider mergers. I reckon a strong competition with eight evenly matched clubs would have to be better than a ten club comp with a couple of clubs only fielding ressies and most of the others struggling to be competitive with the top two.

Take Gosford and Wyong for instance. I know very little about the management and junior feeder clubs for either, but I do know both these senior clubs have really struggled to be competitive for too long. Why shouldn't they merge and form one strong senior entity that has junior clubs feeding into it?

Hi Greenkeeper. Why shouldn't this comp lose another club? If it meant that certain clubs combined to make a couple of strong and competitive entities rather than four weak ones, then surely it could only be a good thing for football in the area. Everyone talks about getting competitive football matches but no one wants to even consider mergers. I reckon a strong competition with eight evenly matched clubs would have to be better than a ten club comp with a couple of clubs only fielding ressies and most of the others struggling to be competitive with the top two.

Take Gosford and Wyong for instance. I know very little about the management and junior feeder clubs for either, but I do know both these senior clubs have really struggled to be competitive for too long. Why shouldn't they merge and form one strong senior entity that has junior clubs feeding into it?

Roomy 17, unfortunately your lack of knowledge about the clubs is evident. Any kind of merger for Wyong or Gosford is virtually impossible by geography, they are 20 plus km apart.

Gosford and Wyong have been strong at times but as you point out have not been successful in the BDAFL. While Wyong has been in and out of the top grade, their board has tried to develop their own players and junior base. They have a great setup at Tacoma and yes it would be good to see them winning more games.

As for Gosford, they have not won a senior premiership since 1984 in the CCAFL but have generally been competitive since joining the BDAFL bar a couple poor results... generally against Cardiff and City like many teams.

The last couple of years they have had a team that could have played finals bar a couple of shockers. It is interesting that people bag out the teams that do not do well such as Gosford, Wyong, Lakes and Nelsons but forget that in the AFL clubs like St Kilda and Western Bulldogs have only won 1 premiership each in their VFL/AFL history and Sydney had 84 years between premierships.

I think that while these clubs have not been successful winning premierships, they have been successful in fostering AFL within the Central Coast and Newcastle/Hunter regions for the last 30 plus years.

The question needs to be asked, which clubs in the competition have actually produce players who actually gone on to bigger and better things?

These are the players I know, I am sure I am missing some... and not just top up players for the Swans....

Killarney Vale - McVeigh bros (Swans & Essendon)
Nelson Bay - Craig Bird and Troy Luff
Gosford - Aaron Monk (Premierships with Swans Reserves 2007 & East Fremantle Reserves 2008), Jay Lewis (Swans apprenticeship
Bateau Bay Juniors - Scott Reed (Collingwood rookie list)
Woy Woy - Ray Hall (Richmond)

Yes they got beaten and by a team who matched it with them and shut down all the key players on the day. One team had a great game plan the other didn't know what to do when there's was shut down. Plus they domintated all season with City where noone come close to them so how can you drop either side from a top two position??? Ressies is just a luck of the draw on the day really.

If you look at their website they have announced Mick Ryan as player/coach, Cam Clark for Ressies and Liam Gibson for 18s.

Good to see it only took a whole 9 days of the year for the usual crap on this forum to start and one bloke to big note himself.

The question needs to be asked, which clubs in the competition have actually produce players who actually gone on to bigger and better things?

These are the players I know, I am sure I am missing some... and not just top up players for the Swans....

Gosford - Aaron Monk (Premierships with Swans Reserves 2007 & East Fremantle Reserves 2008), Jay Lewis (Swans apprenticeship

this actually has not actual benifit to our league; actually. the argument was to improve our league and make it stronger, the teams mentioned either dont have a first grade team or have not been overly succesful in the comp for quit a long time bar kv. so what good have these mentioned players been for their clubs success in the bdafl?

Roomy 17, unfortunately your lack of knowledge about the clubs is evident. Any kind of merger for Wyong or Gosford is virtually impossible by geography, they are 20 plus km apart.

Gosford and Wyong have been strong at times but as you point out have not been successful in the BDAFL. While Wyong has been in and out of the top grade, their board has tried to develop their own players and junior base. They have a great setup at Tacoma and yes it would be good to see them winning more games.

As for Gosford, they have not won a senior premiership since 1984 in the CCAFL but have generally been competitive since joining the BDAFL bar a couple poor results... generally against Cardiff and City like many teams.

The last couple of years they have had a team that could have played finals bar a couple of shockers. It is interesting that people bag out the teams that do not do well such as Gosford, Wyong, Lakes and Nelsons but forget that in the AFL clubs like St Kilda and Western Bulldogs have only won 1 premiership each in their VFL/AFL history and Sydney had 84 years between premierships.

I think that while these clubs have not been successful winning premierships, they have been successful in fostering AFL within the Central Coast and Newcastle/Hunter regions for the last 30 plus years.

With all due respect, I don't think it matters if the clubs are currently 20km apart..........thats about a 15 minute drive by my calculations. Cardiff had to actually relocate to Maryland and thats a similar distance away. They didn't seem to struggle to much with retaining players.

Good to see you talk in a mature and sensible manner, though . Its a pity a few others in this forum don't take your lead and put forward some opinions without the personal insults that are so prevalent.

With all due respect, I don't think it matters if the clubs are currently 20km apart..........thats about a 15 minute drive by my calculations. Cardiff had to actually relocate to Maryland and thats a similar distance away. They didn't seem to struggle to much with retaining players.

Good to see you talk in a mature and sensible manner, though . Its a pity a few others in this forum don't take your lead and put forward some opinions without the personal insults that are so prevalent.

Roomy 17 location is a big factor in this. Despite there are 2 other teams between Gosford and Wyong also contribute to the fact this merger as you propose would not work. Two weaker teams does not always produce a stronger team and the Central Coast cannot afford to lose another team after Woy Woy disappeared...

Sure Gosford and Wyong have struggled in past seasons but have not really been successful in the BDAFL since they joined the league. But success on the field sometimes doesnt reflect the hard work being done off the field.

Gosford have faced a number of challenges since the previous president resigned and if the rumors are true then they are cleaning up a huge mess and as well a lot of people decided to leave before he resigned. Whilst they would be trying very hard to retain players a lot of damage would of been done by the previous president and may of left a bad taste in ppls mouths in terms of committing to the Tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back