Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, did anyone read the Umpires page in the football record this week. Does anyone read it at all?:rolleyes:

Anyway, it was talking about umpires training and fitness. There was an "extract from the training diary" of a person they said was concidered the fitest field umpire in the BDAFL. Who were they talking about? Looks more like the training you would expect from a fairly high level athlete.

Most of the umpires I have seen, look like they don't do much training at all, judging by their "profiles".

Congratulations to Wyong - great to see-

Also saw Cardiff on the weekend and they really look the goods- The bombers played into their hands a bit but they have a heck of a lot of talent
Are they the best Cardiff team of the BDAFL era - they look the equal of any?
who was the tall kid who took a few grabs and goals in the 3rd quarter? - the record bore no resemblance to jumper nos

Also saw Cardiff on the weekend and they really look the goods- The bombers played into their hands a bit but they have a heck of a lot of talent
who was the tall kid who took a few grabs and goals in the 3rd quarter? - the record bore no resemblance to jumper nos

Oh yeah - well done to the Umps , a couple of doozies by the Crow but overall pretty inconspicuous

The tall Kid was about Scuba Steve, Get around him, good marks those ones, what about the goals and marks, good goals those, Scuba Steve get around him.

Yeah Cardiff would def be up there with their best of the BD era!!
Funny you mention the young bloke (no 63 i think) as i was talkin to Dan Bembrick from KV and we both thought he had one of the best fully extended grabs in the comp!!:D

Hey, did anyone read the Umpires page in the football record this week. Does anyone read it at all?:rolleyes:

Anyway, it was talking about umpires training and fitness. There was an "extract from the training diary" of a person they said was concidered the fitest field umpire in the BDAFL. Who were they talking about? Looks more like the training you would expect from a fairly high level athlete.

Most of the umpires I have seen, look like they don't do much training at all, judging by their "profiles".

awww cmon leave those umpy's alone, get around them, and help them, its about that.
On the subject of the record, what about the team of the week? how goods that. I beleive they sit around on lotto night and whatever number is drawn gets in the team of the week, its gold, thats what its about. More of it, get around it. Orto full back, thats what its about. More of it.

Oh yeah - well done to the Umps , a couple of doozies by the Crow but overall pretty inconspicuous

I assume by the Crow, you mean Roger Crowhurst. Funny you should say that. I was at the game and one of my mates commented

"This is the lowest profile I have seen in a game from Crowhurst" I agreed with him. I thought the really tall one was a "bit hot" on holding the ball.

But, as you said, overall the umps were hardly noticed.

Great to see Wyong get a win up on the weekend. I think its fair to say they havent done as well as a few people expected this season, but hopefully they can keep getting their best 22 on the park for the rest of the year and really build on that performance.
Also good to see Nelson Bay put up a real good showing against us. They came out in the 2nd half with real purpose and intent and put 6 goals on us in the 3rd quarter after not kicking a score for the 1st half. Hopefully they can get a few recruits over summer, retain their good young blokes and have an impact next year.
Gosford had a predictable win over the Crows, and must have played unbelievably as their website article suggests they are finals bound, while Cardiff keep rolling on out in front and look good as we approach the turn and are about to enter the final straight.
Should be a few good games this week coming up. Warners v City, Gosford v Terrigal and Wyong v Lake Mac, while it will be interesting to see how the Marlins go against the bombers.

Just because they are decisions you did not agree with does not make them "DOOZIES" You are spot on Tardus.

Try analising the game openly without your club bias at heart.

Just because they are decisions you did not agree with does not make them "DOOZIES" You are spot on Tardus.

Try analising the game openly without your club bias at heart.

you cant expect to recieve something if you don't do the same thing. you give the forum something unbiased toward umpires and you may get something in return.

on another note, scott bartlem played his last game for warners bay on the weekend before his much anticipated move to number 1. this couldnt come at a better time for the dogs as he is playing with the heart the size of a pea and has the commitment of a red herring guarding a wasps nest. i send my sympathy to city.

Rizzbang, interesting to see young Bartlem swallowing his pride after being offered less than a quarter of the contract offered to Scot Ducker. Is it true that the BDAFL subsidised the offer to the Duckman to keep the talent in Newcastle, not the SNAFL?:eek:

Rizzbang, interesting to see young Bartlem swallowing his pride after being offered less than a quarter of the contract offered to Scot Ducker. Is it true that the BDAFL subsidised the offer to the Duckman to keep the talent in Newcastle, not the SNAFL?:eek:

this is true to a point. the duckman will only recieve about 1/3 of what he was offered in the snafl. his main reason for staying was the difference in climate. after a trial in the snafl he felt he couldnt deal with the blistering heat or the bitter cold and decided the bdafl offer would be good enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor lake mac on the end of another hiding!!! is their any truth that they played bout 10 metres off the tigers forward line??? and did they do this against cardiff??
Fatman, I wouldn't say 10 metres all the time some time more sometime less but it wasn't man on man hard checking play from them. Am of the understanding that they have a number of players who are new to the game and i hope they stick with and with some further training they will improve as they never gave up all day just lacked the footy smarts. Credit to them as they kept at it all day and every goal scored by them was applauded. When some of their under 18's filter thru, hopefully that may help to a better style of play

Fatman, I would say 10 metres all the time some time more sometime less but it wasn't man on man hard checking play from them.

Hello!

It looks like you are trying to make sense.

Would you like to know how?

clippit.jpg

Yeah whatever, there you go very funny not, am very bored with the attempted humour now in here, can we stick to footy???

I personally am a fan of the office assistant. He offers a laugh which is a pleasant change from the dribble that you carry on with....If you don't like him why don't you give Deitzy a call....I'm sure he would sort him out for ya!

I personally am a fan of the office assistant. He offers a laugh which is a pleasant change from the dribble that you carry on with....If you don't like him why don't you give Deitzy a call....I'm sure he would sort him out for ya!
Hang hang on let me get up off the floor from laughing so hard at you attempt at humour. Listen stick to footy or whatever it is you think u do best and maybe and its a big maybe you might turn out to be a geniune good bloke but unfortunately you will have to keep your appointment with the vet to remove whatever it is that is causing the c#$p to come out of your mouth before any of this might happen. Let me know when you have kept the appointment and we can banter and chat about footy, other than that not worth listening to it or even acknowledging it by commenting from now on, it all sounds the same.

Back to the footy.

Who is going to get this 4th spot up for grabs.

Terrigal, who have had plenty of finals experience in recent times, choked against Wyong on Sunday, they could have gone one game clear of Gosford who maybe over recent years deserve a shot as they have been on the end of some cricket scores.

Killarney Vale seem to have lost their spark since Jackson Ireland departed and haven't looked the same since though still have a good list.

Killarney have: Gosford have: Terrigal have:
Nelsons (A) Terrigal (H) Gosford (A)
Gosford (a) Killarney (H) BYE
City (H) Wyong (A) Lake Mac (H)
Warners (A) Cardiff (H) City (A)

If Terrigal Slip up against Gosford their seasons over.
If Gosford slip up against Terrigal or Killarney their Seasons over and
If Killarney Lose 3 of their last 4 and Gosford take over their percentage or win all four games their season is over.

Any thoughts people???

Hang hang on let me get up off the floor from laughing so hard at you attempt at humour. Listen stick to footy or whatever it is you think u do best and maybe and its a big maybe you might turn out to be a geniune good bloke but unfortunately you will have to keep your appointment with the vet to remove whatever it is that is causing the c#$p to come out of your mouth before any of this might happen. Let me know when you have kept the appointment and we can banter and chat about footy, other than that not worth listening to it or even acknowledging it by commenting from now on, it all sounds the same.

Hello!

It looks like you are trying to be tough.

clippit.jpg

Hello!!

It looks like you are trying to be tough.

clippit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back