Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it seems like an eternity since round 1, but the BDAFL returns this weekend, and the lower grades get their first chance for a hitout. Have the teams been working hard to improve on the gala day offering or did they spend their time propping up the bar?? Time will tell.

Killarney Vale will face a big test at home against the premiers Cardiff. With the rumoured departure of Austerberry complete, will the Bombers still have the firepower shown against Gosford? I think not, but the result will be much closer than it was in 2006. Cardiff by 3-4 goals.

Nelson Bay host Terrigal Avoca up at the Bay in what should, on paper be a clear win for the Panthers. Although the Panthers were on the wrong hand of a pasting in round 1 from Warners Bay, this season is set to be a long one for the Marlins, and this match should get the Panthers on the board easily. Terrigal by 10 goals +.

City are slated to return to Hawkins Oval (unless there is a late change). They will be smarting from a first up loss to the Hawks, and will be homping at the bit to rip into the Magpies. Although the magpies were impressive against the Marlins in round 1, this match is a step up in class, and will be hoping to keep close to the Blues to keep positive for the weeks to come. City by 6 goals.

The final game of the round is Warners Bay V Gosford at the dog pound. All reports suggest the Bulldogs were impressive in round 1, and while the Tigers were, by their own admission, dissapointing, the Dogs will surely have a tough challenge against the young Tigers outfit if they can improve on the performance shown in round 1. If the Tigers don't come out to play, we could see another percentage booster for the Bulldogs. While I think that the Tigers will show a much improved performance, I think the Bay will prevail on home soil by 4-5 goals.

Thoughts??

Cardiff will be too strong for KV across the park, and despite the loss of Mick Ryan will really cause major headaches for the KV defence. Cardiff by 5-6 goals.

Terrigal will be too strong for the Bay all ovedr the park and should run away with a comfortable victory. Terrigal by 10-12 goals.

Despite a solid win last start i fell Wyong will be no match for City who will be keen to geta good win on the board. City by 8-10 goals

Although some are saying gosford were disapointing last week, i think they will really bounce back this week and give the Dogs a great run. However in saying this i think the Dogs will have too much run and muscle in the middle for the Tigers. Warners by 4-6 goals.

Although ive made a call on these games i will ot be suprised if things go either way in many of these games.

Hey all,
Tips for round 2, I'm excited! No more breaks in games til the rep weekend.
Cardiff v KV, KV looked pretty good last round, solid all around the park, but missing Bubbles will drag them down certainly early on, Cardiff on the other hand are a long way off the hawks of last year but it's only round 2, they seemed to have replaced Krake with an even better player 'Cashew' plenty of touches last round, missed a good target at CHF, but didn't bother them, they just kicked to the Full Forward instead. Tip: Cardiff 8 Goals

Nelson bay v Terrigal, Terrigal have a long journey to this game and by the the sounds of things aren't feeling that confident about the season, if thy're not switched on the Bay might just pop up with something special, the biggest surprise from the Bay last round was that they fielded a team! And were competitive. Tip: Terrigal 4 Goals

City v Wyong, Could be the first time in a long time that these two teams have played each other with Wyong in front on the table. City have few players out with representitive footy with the RAAF, but still will field a very strong 22, and will be chomping at the bit to get on the winners board. Wyong will be filled with confidence after their first round win, but the weekend probably hasn't helped them much in keeping their slowly improving momentum. This game is at Hawkins which is a graet ground for footy, but it may be lost to Rugby very soon hopefully will keep it in the hands of the BDAFL for the near future, this will be probably the only senior game on there this season though (inclement weather excluded). Tip: City 9 Goals

Gosford v Warners Bay, Gosford all the hype, no delivery, will be out to improve but that won't be enough against Warners Bay, who are young, aggressive and enthusiastic, what else could you want early in the season, Gosford will not go down withpout a fight but the Dogs will be too imposing which will eventually see the tigers drop their heads ala KV round 1. Tip: Warners Bay 10 Goals

There's my tips for round 2, going on my form, i'd keep my money in my wallet for another couple of weeks still.

Cardiff to beat Killarney Vale (an interesting guide to where the Hawks are in 2007)
Warners Bay over Gosford
City over Wyong (Should be a comfortable win, but its early for all the teams and hard to be really have a handle on things)
Terrigal to beat Nelson Bay (although as stated above, they better travel with their A game intact as the Bay have a few new signings and are always better at home)

All games appeared to go as expected except for Cardiff getting done by the Bombers in a massive upset!!!

Ive heard that apparently both sides had several out.

Anyone got anymore information on any of the games???

Very interesting looking at the results from the weekend. City and Terrigal with pretty comfortable wins, while we were knocked off by Warners Bay, and Killarney upsetting Cardiff.
Killarney look like they will be a very good side this year. They are well coached, use alot of rotations through their midfield and appear to have a forward line capable of putting 15 goals a week in which is where they struggled last year. They obvioulsy have more depth this year and are a definite danger side.
Our match against the Dogs was a rugged battle from the word go. Its always enjoyable playing against them as you know there will be no quarter given and blokes will be hard at the footy all day. We took it to them early and hada 3 goal lead at 1/4 time. The 2nd quarter was an arm wrestle and we went in up by about a goal at half time. The 3rd quarter saw the dogs get it back to 1 point while they ran all over us in the last quarter to run out winners by about 7 goals.
It was one of the toughest games i have played in with players showing no regard for their well being time and time again and a number of push and shoves going on but nothing serious. Warners Bay have a good young side and seeing a few players they had in ressies will only get stronger as the season goes on, they are about a year or two ahead of where we want to be. We were probably the better side in the first half and they were definitely the better side in the 2nd half, while they had a couple of tall players in their forward line that caused us more than a few headaches.
It was a much better performance from us and we can take a number of positives out of it. Good to see we were capable of performing against a finals side until they got a run on in the last 1/4.
It was also enjoyable to be playing infront of a decent sized and vocal crowd. It lead to a great atmosphere and both sets of supporters were really getting into the game.
Should be another interesting week coming up with us hosting City. Will be interesting to see if the council mark the oval out and put the shower heads back in the showers as they werent in as of Sunday.

Howdy again Footy lovers!!

Got most of my tips right but did not expect Killarney vale to beat the hawks??:eek: did anyone watch the game? the scoring shots were close on the record but can anyone shed any light on how the killarney vale team played? did they beat them with there midfield running? the hawks might have had a few out but the bombers are always hard to beat down at tumbi umbi..

The city v wyong game result was expected... city are looking pretty strong and would be happy with the win.. especially when they had a few out... good to see the old wests ground, Hawkins oval, is still being used...

The Warners bay v Gosford game looked interesting.. the tigers were ahead a point until the last term... i guess the doggies either needed a good rev up by there coach or they waiting till the end... :confused: the way this comp is panning out they cant afford to only play one quarter of footy... gosford would have been unlucky to not kick on...

Did anyone watch the panthers v marlins game? despite the score how did the marlins play? are they looking stronger with numbers? :( what was there play like.. Teddy crowden might have to throw a jersey on if they get any injuries... :)

Well after another interesting round has past i guess its time for our tips for what is sure to be a great round (Round 3)....

Gosford V Newcastle City - No doubt Gosford will be extreamly keen to take to two points here in there first performance at home. All reports are that they were playing well against Warners for the first 3 quarters but unfortunatly dropped off in the last. Obviously City are a clas outfit with plenty of tall timber and a potent forward line, and are coming off a stong win over an improved Wyong. I think Gosford will take the points in a tight one here (somewhat of an upset)...Gosford by 3-5 goals!!:confused:

Cardiff V Wyong - Wyong are no doubt a better side than in previous years with several new signings, however Cardiff are sure to be fire-up after there shock loss to Killarney Vale last round and should be far too strong in this one. Cardiff by 12-15 goals:eek:

Terrigal V Killarney Vale - After a shock win over Killarney Vale to add to their first round win over Gosford, it appears as though Killarney Vale (who appeared to go under the radar early) have started to raise some eyebrows. However, Terrigal are always a tough opponent at home and whenever the likes of Maurice and Pet Van Dam take the field they are capable of plenty. The loss of Brad Male and Spoony seems to have affected their ballance in defence, however they are sure to lift in what is always a great local derby. I think Killarney Vale should win this one on current form, however would not be suprised if Terrigal come away with the win. Killarney Vale by 3-5 goals!!:confused:

Warners Bay V Nelson Bay - In the battle of the 'Bays' its hard to go past a solid win to Warners after Nelsons have appeard to struggle early. Warners Bay by 15 goals!!:eek:

Hey all, Round 3 Tips,

Cardiff vs Wyong, allthough Cardiff are coming off a loss will be way to strong for Wyong, too much skill, speed and discipline, could be a long day for Wyong at Bill Elliot, Tip: Cardiff 20+ Goals

Warners Bay vs Nelson Bay, Warners Bay have been very impressive in the first 2 rounds, especially last weekend with a come from behind win, which in previous years probably wouldn't of happened. Nelson Bay will find it extremely tough and probably won't put up much of a fight in the second half, Tip: Warners Bay 15 Goals

Terrigal vs Killarney Vale, with talk of already being premiership contenders after 2 rounds who wouldn't get on the Bombers Bandwagon, they're the best thing since sliced bread! Will miss Rick White but I don't think it'll hamper them too much, Terrigal look like they are rebuilding just a bit, and would've gained confidence from last week, but I cant see them getting over the 2007 Premiers! :p Tip: Killarney Vale 6 goals

Gosford vs City, Gosford yet to open there account this year would've been waiting all pre season for this, first home game against the runners up, confidence might be running low though, 2 losses after a huge pre season, especially getting mowed down in the final quarter last week. City who are 1 and 1 go to Gosford with a huge win under their belt and will have some confidence, they played on one of the biggest grounds last week which suits their style, but now they're on one of the smallest, will be interesting to see how they play their talls and set up their forward line. Will be a great battle of the on ballers, both teams very young, enthusiastic and skillful, Tip: City 4 Goals

City to beat Gosford
Cardiff to beat Wyong
Killarney Vale to beat Terrigal
Warners Bay to beat Nelson Bay

Can't disagree with that...

Interesting to note that the Hawks played 3 players from their 2006 U/16 team in seniors last Saturday - Dawes, Simon & Beard. Added to missing Simpson & Flynn, the side presented was very inexperiened indeed

Some interesting results from the weekend... not too many upsets... can someone fill me in with how the following games were

Killarney vale Vs Terrigal??

Warners bay Vs Nelson Bay??

Newcastle City VS Gosford??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly, I personally am not too sure how Simon went on the weekend as i was unable to get to that match.

Secondly....Round 4!

- Cardiff V Terrigal -

Terrigal were impressive in the first half against KV on the weekend and showed some good signs, however were over powered in the second half. Cardiff had a solid win over Wyong and i think at home will be too strong for Terrigal. Cardiff by 8 goals.

- Nelsons Bay V Gosford -

Nelsons appeared to have put in an improved effort against Warners (at Warners) on the weekend, while Gosford copped a beating at the hands of City. I think Gosford should win this one, although anything may happen when playing Nelsons up there. Gosford by 6 goals.

- Warners Bay V Newcastle City -

Both these sides are in great form and this will no doubt be the match of the round. It will be an interesting battle between Citys 'tall timber' and the run, skill and enthusiasm of the dogs. It what should be an absolute cracker, im tipping Warners by 3 goals.

- Wyong V Killarney Vale -

Wyong have definitely improved on previous seasons, however KV have been impressive in the opening rounds and going on form should be too strong. Killarney Vale by 10 goals.

Any thoughts....

.. I wouldnt be writing off those Young Bulldog players against City.. There is a fierce rivalry between the 2 clubs an no doubt there will be a few dust ups.. Warners wont want to lose at home against them and after an average performance against Nelsons bay last week (Where they still won by 65 Points) they will be hungry.. But city have had a good start to the year.. had some easy games the last few weeks but!!!

Either way ill be there eager as a pig in s%$t to see how the game pans out.. :D

Any Warners Bay people on here? If so who was the guy in the Warners Bay Jersey on Camera at the Cricket World Cup final during the Aussie innings?

Tips for Round 5:

Gosford V Wyong - Gosford by 10 goals
Killarney Vale V Nelson Bay - Killarney Vale by 12 goals
Terrigal V Warners Bay - Warners Bay by 4 goals
City V Cardiff - City by 3 goals

I think the last two games could go either way!!

GOSFORD v Wyong
KILLARNEY VALE v Nelson Bay
WARNERS BAY v Terrigal (Although it will be interesting to see how the Bay bounce back after being beaten easily last week)
CITY v Cardiff (For no other reason than the fact that they haven't beaten Cardiff for many meetings, may be due to turn the tables, do still have a few out though).
Agree Waugh 17 last two could go either way.

Hey i was just wondering how David LEDSAM was going up there, i think hes playing for newcastle? he used to play for us down here in albury, just seeing how he was going.

Rnd 6 Tips:

Cardiff V Gosford - Cardiff by 6 goals
City V Terrigal - City by 5 goals
Warners V Killarney Vale - Warners by 5 goals
Wyong V Nelson Bay - Wyong by 3 goals

In terms of the rep side, i think its pretty open this year, there would be a good half a dozen from City, Cardiff, Killarney Vale and Warners as well as 3-5 from Terrigal and Gosford, while both Wyong and Nelsons have a couple of rep class players running around.

I dont think there are too many shoe ins!!

We should win.

Gosford v Cardiff Cardiff by 10 goals (stung after loss)
City v Terrigal City by 6 goals (rolling along nicely)
Killarney Vale v Warners Bay Killarney Vale by 2 goals (could go either way, This will decide whether they are the real deal)
Wyong v Nelson Bay Wyong by 5 goals (closer margin last week for Wyong, shocker for Nelson Bay)

These results may be a little closer due to the wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back