Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ames, as usual, led from the front and showed the Swans players what to do when the game was on the line. Yes, he had a couple of goals kicked on him, but his attack on the ball and man (wasn't it gold when J Jones tried to step him on the wing :D) was brilliant and chatter at the breaks and on the field is second to none.

Hilderbrandt looks a very good contributor, had toughness I didn't realise he had, with that mark on the HBF in the last highlighting that. :thumbsu:

According to Harding at 3/4 time Lammie and Notte, plus the inside players, changed the game in the third for Swans. Notte has something different about him this year, he's always been a favourite of mine, most know that, but he's getting up off the deck and making repeated efforts now. Lammie, well, I wanted to crucify him at half time and kiss him at full time, marginallly behind Swoop as most infuriating player :p but wielded a strong influence in that last.

Dukes and Riddoch were very good in patches, mainly the last quarter. Harding took Riddoch aside at 3/4 time and gave him some tips, couldn't hear what he said, but it worked. :thumbsu: Dukes has been a favourite of mine for a little while now, love how he goes about his work and really rose to the occasion in the last. Riddoch is strongly built and doesn't mind using it. :thumbsu:

I know Motlop, Garlett and Boekhurst did some good things, but they need to attack contests more, rather than just sit off them or try and take the ball one handed whilst skirting the oncoming player. Sometimes you've just got to take the hit for the team. Yes, I'm a harsh marker but in finals and high tempo games you get found out when the physical pressure is on the whole game.

That brings me to Swoop, who remains the most infuriating player in the league. Skills are sublime and he doesn't mind getting in the face of the opposition but doesn't back it up with real hardness in the contest, he drives me nuts. :p

I'm sure I've forgotten some, but these are the things that stood out to me.

I knew I'd forget some, but I was disappointed (not really, because I've never been encouraged) wiht Riggio and Roach, until the last quarters. Davis was very average for a half, but made up some ground in the last quarter as well.

Rapt with Blighty's return as well, good return first game back.

One good thing is that the Ressies started with a bang and it looks like there might be some pressure on for spots. I thought Faulkner, Blakely and Van Groningen were very good. Latch was good in defence, along with Pratty. Outridge seems to have lost a bit of the skill and class he had previously, but that should be a small lapse and he'll recover it.

One good thing is that the Ressies started with a bang and it looks like there might be some pressure on for spots. I thought Faulkner, Blakely and Van Groningen were very good. Latch was good in defence, along with Pratty. Outridge seems to have lost a bit of the skill and class he had previously, but that should be a small lapse and he'll recover it.

He looked good but deadset, worst kicking action ever.

Has Pratty redone his knee? Amsey on twitter said...

Big shout to to my fallen #ACL @SwanDistrictsFC brothers in #Pratty4 & #RobDog8... #MASSIVE losses for @SwanDistrictsFC in #2012...

Sad if true.

Onto this weeks game and lineups...

Swan Districts
B J Blight A Howard J Jacky
HB K Hams T Notte G Jetta
C T Roach M Newman D Garlett
HF S Hildebrandt J Simpson M Walters
FF L Neale T Geappen R Davis
F W Lammie J Roberts M Motlop
Int. M Jukes, R Riddoch, B Boekhorst, M Riggio, W Twomey, M Outridge, A Mckinlay, N Broad
In W Twomey, A Mckinlay, N Broad, L Neale, M Outridge,
Out T Ames,

South Fremantle
B A Mccarrey N Borovac T Mcgrath
HB J Palumbo J Head H North
C H Schloithe R Cook S Bewick
HF K Miller R Murphy J Woods
FF J Winter P Mugambwa B Saunders
F D Hayward T Bairstow A Guglielmana
Int. R Adams, M Miller, S Burnett, S Tighe, A Collica, J Maskos, M Thompson,
In J Maskos, M Miller, A Mccarrey, A Guglielmana, M Thompson, S Burnett,
Out A Grima, A Mcintosh, B Gulley, D Ross,

Some observations;
- With Ames missing, looks like we're forced to push Notte back to take on Ryan Murphy and support 18 year old KPD Alex Howard.
- Still no sign of Ash Hansen.
- With Aitchy gone, who will play as a defensive midfielder? Riggio? We may need one for Cook.
- The starting 18 is a tall short so expect at least 1 of Riddoch or McKinlay to play as Notte will have to relief ruck.
- Our defence has serious depth and quality. Imagine also having Miles, Ames and Pratt for selection...
- The West Perth game has me excited about Blight's potential. Really looking forward to watching him this season.

He looked good but deadset, worst kicking action ever.

Has Pratty redone his knee? Amsey on twitter said...

Sad if true.

Blakely's kicking action reminds me of Manson! :D

Yes, Pratty has been given a coaching role for the remainder of this season.

On to today, great win in a scrappy game but there are 2 teams I like to beat more than most, one is West Perth (doesn't everyone :p), the other, as you may have guessed is the Bulldogs! ;):thumbsu: Great result.

Newman came along in leaps in this one game, wow, Broekhurst was better, but it must have been sweaty work because no one could hold simple chest marks.

Roberts, after a slow first 3 weeks, was superb. Ames a welcome return. Howard was very good and certainly seemed to gain confidence in Ames returning. Blight is a huge addition. Hilder a big gain. Walters seemed to be getting a bit of mojo back. Newman was very good in bursts. I bagged Hansen all day and he finally took a mark and then got THAT free. ;) Footy is a funny game. Notte may well take mark of the season before too long. Swoop seemed to be working harder. Simmo is, well Simmo, attacks those contests. :thumbsu:

It was a GREAT day, lost my voice and it was worth it. :D:thumbsu:

Go you Black Ducks. That is all. :thumbsu:

Great win!

Had me buzzing even well after the game.

A scintillating final quarter from Sonny, superb games by Notte and Davis, continued hard work from Hilder and a much improved Riggio were all highlights.

Although relatively quieter, I love the way Blight and Van Groningen go about their business.

The 3 hangers taken taken by Sonny x 2 and Notte were terrific.

It's easy to forget that for 3 and half quarters we were playing poor football and were down by 28 half way through the third.

Was impressed by Callum Sinclair for the Lions. 9 marks and 2 goals. He was very dangerous.

Notte's mark late in the third where Chambers? tried to climb over the top, was a pearler. Just need Notte to play like that every week, with that urgency, instead of every second week. Davis playing his most consistent footy of his career. Riggio needs to be like that more consistently as well.

Sonson found some urgency today too, fantastic. :thumbsu:

Wes, please don't overrate your skills and never ever kick across goals again. Thank goodness Kerr stuffed it up, but it's no good for my heart or blood pressure. :p

Sinclair, been impressed all year with him.

Sonson was AWOL in the first half, maybe Ames needs to give him a good clip behind the ear before the start of the game !!!!. He has class, just needs to work on the work ethic.

Newman worked hard, but was a bit off target. May have been a bit battered by tough tackles / bumps.

Callum Sinclair = open your eyes AFL recruiters.

Sinclair exactly. Whats this guy at 22 and 200cm+ got to do for someone to pick him up. A genuine forward who can kick straight, has a few tricks and marks everything when he is a go to player. At port Melbourne he was 2010 team of the year CHF, picked in VFL state squad and went to finals injured and into draft camp. Injured all 2011 preseason last year and returned mid season. He is already a gun forward who can go to ruck no problem. Give him five shots he will kick three or four. If a good midfield was hitting him up he could kick a big bag.

Except this thread is about the Black Ducks, of which Sinclair is not one. :p Looks good though. :thumbsu:

Another great win by the black ducks, should have been by more but I'll take that any day:), and who thought I would say this 18 months ago, it was without Lammie.:eek:

Ames, Blight, Swoop, Hansen were great at either end of the ground. Roberts, Roach and Davis were super in the middle, Faulkner impressed again. Harvey did pretty well in the ruck in patches, though Notte was good support.

Go you black ducks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good win marred by some dog acts by Perth players and supporters.

Very impressive games from Newman, Riggio, Hansen, Motlop, Hilder and Davis.

The space Perth gave Motlop was mind boggling.

Didn't see the incident well but looks like Riggio may be having a holiday which is disappointing.

Take a BOW Tallen Ames, that marking contest was mind blowingly hard core. F$*# he is hard core, I love Amesy! :footy::footy::footy: Changed the course of the match in that single action, we took control after it.....

First half was too many trying to get on to the stats sheet, thinking it was going to be a picnic, running in each other's way to get the handball rather than block and give the teammate space, trying to dance around the opposition, but back on track in the third and last quarters.

Thought van Groningen was a standout as well. :thumbsu:

Made today a pleasant, pleasant day and yes there are some feral demons supporters, but they are starved of success and I feel for them, or maybe it's just the euphoria of winning another game of footy after last years abysmal performance? :confused::D

Go you little beauties! :thumbsu: Should have smashed the Royals by plenty, except I think about the 10 min mark of the second Bronte wired some $$$ into the Orange men's account and they set about evening up the game.

Love the swans trainer who was giving Prior a mouthful and was lectured by the ump for about 5 mins. :D

Faulkner was fantastic, loved this kid last year, love him more now! :) Lammie - well Wes, what can I say, I'm sorry. :oops: Fantastic, ran Johnson off his feet. Hansen, Davis, Jacky, Riggio (starting to believe he can get the tough ball and extract), Amesy, Amesy, Amesy (love him in case you couldn't tell) :footy::footy::footy:

Go you little beauties! :thumbsu: Should have smashed the Royals by plenty, except I think about the 10 min mark of the second Bronte wired some $$$ into the Orange men's account and they set about evening up the game.

Love the swans trainer who was giving Prior a mouthful and was lectured by the ump for about 5 mins. :D

Faulkner was fantastic, loved this kid last year, love him more now! :) Lammie - well Wes, what can I say, I'm sorry. :oops: Fantastic, ran Johnson off his feet. Hansen, Davis, Jacky, Riggio (starting to believe he can get the tough ball and extract), Amesy, Amesy, Amesy (love him in case you couldn't tell) :footy::footy::footy:
Great wrap up Swannies but can you explain to me how on earth we have played 12 games now, won 10 of them, yet our opposition have recieved more free kicks in 10 of the 12 games we have played??? Maybe Harding needs to give these maggots a blast ala Tony Micale as it seems to have worked for EP since his spray!!! :mad:

How was sonny?

How was sonny?
Well, he was crap today, but he was no orphan, that was just about the crappest display I've seen, including those dim, dark years of the early 00's. Absolutely no heart shown by the majority, no attack on the ball and continually turning it over, especially by hand in the back half.

I know we had 8 players out and 6 really big ones, but....... Ah well, re-group for East Freo in a fortnight. :thumbsu:

Nothing like getting a win out of the way early in the weekend, especially against Sowfs at Freo. Luckily they were playing Swans, otherwise the crowd would have been 6, those guys that walk around with the flags. :p I would have thought that Cico had enough money stashed away in brown paper bags to be able to turn the lights on in the toilets on the hill and keep the lights on a little longer after the game? :confused:
Anyway, great games from Wes, Notte, JRo, Geappen, Faulks, Blighty - hasn't he been a useful pick up, Jets, Amesy, could go on but won't. Great stuff boys, now bring on the college boys next week. :thumbsu:

Nothing like getting a win out of the way early in the weekend, especially against Sowfs at Freo. Luckily they were playing Swans, otherwise the crowd would have been 6, those guys that walk around with the flags. :p I would have thought that Cico had enough money stashed away in brown paper bags to be able to turn the lights on in the toilets on the hill and keep the lights on a little longer after the game? :confused:
Anyway, great games from Wes, Notte, JRo, Geappen, Faulks, Blighty - hasn't he been a useful pick up, Jets, Amesy, could go on but won't. Great stuff boys, now bring on the college boys next week. :thumbsu:
Wes who Swannies. I wanna hear you say his whole name :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back