Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So when is enough going to be enough for the match committee? I refer to Harding's weekly beseachment of the players to attack the contest harder and win the ball inside, which we are continually failing to do. So if the players aren't doing what you want, and there's a number that are continually singled out in the huddles, why are they still playing league?

I'll repeat what I said in another thread Swannies.
There is some great speed and talent still at the club. Had your boys have hit a few more targets today then they could have caused Claremont a lot more trouble than they did (which was already enough).
Not sure who or what the problems are at Swans this year, but it's not all doom and gloom there imo (despite the spoon).

Agree pablo and it was Dayle Garlett, Murray Newman, Marcus Adams, Alex Howard, Will Shea, Wes Lammie (I know, I'm pinching myself, Wes who?) who had fantastic games and helped set us up. I went hoarse at the game, haven't yelled that much (positively) in a long time. I sounded like Amesy by the end.:eek::D

Geappen even chased like a man posessed for much of the game, NOT all game, much of it.

Proves what I think many of the supporters, OK, well me, have been saying the last couple of months, give the kids a chance, see if they can do better. :)

I go to these games not caring, but when we're being smacked by West Perth, the inner beast just takes over. Had to yell over the fence to Roach that he WAS allowed to tackle. I've never seen a feebler tackler. No, not even Geappen, because if a goal is at the end of it, Swoop will tackle.

Anyway, 1 more week to go and then let the cleanout begin. :)

I go to these games not caring, but when we're being smacked by West Perth, the inner beast just takes over. Had to yell over the fence to Roach that he WAS allowed to tackle. I've never seen a feebler tackler. No, not even Geappen, because if a goal is at the end of it, Swoop will tackle.

Anyway, 1 more week to go and then let the cleanout begin. :)

I didn't make it to the game but was monitoring the stats on my phone. Looked like Roach had a killer first quarter then a quiet next 3.

My thoughts on the players this year...

Must Keep
Josh ROBERTS - Champion of the club and still the best midfielder.
Thomas ROACH - Second best midfielder behind JRob.
Steven POTENTE - Probably the odd one out on this list but would like to see him fit and playing consistent footy.
Tony NOTTE - One of our better players this year at CHB. Would have preferred Spencer there and Notte elsewhere but not to be.
Luke MILES - Terrific season until injury.
Wesley LAMMIE - Surprise packet, been terrific when asked to step up.
Graham JETTA - Should win the Swan Medal IMO. Not sure he will though.
Ashley HANSEN - Up and down season but vital.
Tim GEAPPEN - Geez he frustrates me. Don't like his playing style at all. But he does kick plenty of goals.
Kyle HAMS - Good pickup, solid as a rock down back.
Tallan AMES - Not his best season but a champ nonetheless.

Depth
Brett WOLFENDEN - Up and down season but speed and hardness is useful.
Justin SIMPSON - Very good mid sized forward. Only in this category due to rumoured tension with coaching staff.
Simon PARRY - Thought he was one of the better players this season out of a back pocket.
Jarrhan JACKY - Good solid player.
Mathew AITCHISON - Good solid player.
Luke ADAMS - Doubt he will play next year or even if he can ever play again. Watch this space.

Develop
Brett VAN GRONINGEN - Love the look of him and hope he keeps getting opportunities.
Matthew OUTRIDGE - Not sure he's a back pocket. Like him running down a wing.
Chris RINTOUL - Haven't seen enough to comment.
Matthew JUKES - Haven't seen enough to comment.
Adam FAULKNER - Not sold on Faulkners potential but early days.
Dayle GARLETT - Too young to draft? Really exciting player!
Marcus ADAMS - The sceptic in me thought he was a token selection but he has shown promise at league level. Style like Chris Dawes. Excited to watch him develop.
Stephen CONIGLIO - Will be drafted
Alex HOWARD - Likely to be drafted?
Will SHEA - Likely to be drafted?
Murray NEWMAN - Likely to be drafted?

Borderline
Brett ROBINSON - Love the bloke but he's just not the same since his knee injury. Really struggling for pace.
Paul RICHARDSON - Doubt he could force himself back into a defensive spot with Pratt and Miles to return next season.
David JOHNSTON - Haven't seen enough to suggest he's a future permanent league player. At just 21 years old, time is on his side.
Alex JAMES - Very good depth player but don't think he'll be a permanent fixture.
Dylan HARVEY - Haven't seen enough to suggest he's a future permanent league player. At just 21 years old, time is on his side.
James EMBLEY - Don't think he'll ever be a genuine league player but happy to have him for depth.

Delist
John WILLIAMS - Simply not up to it. Not good enough as a runner, not big enough as a KPD
Matt RIGGIO - High points value, presumably reasonable pay for a reserves quality player.
Adam HUNTER - Past it.
Ryan DAVIS - Doesn't get enough of the ball and doesn't use his pace enough.
Ben COLREAVY - Tough decision but turns 30 in January and plagued with injuries. Probably a good time to move him on.

Already Gone
Llane SPAANDERMAN - don't blame him for leaving. Thanks for the service Panda

AFL Players
Michael WALTERS
Clancee PEARCE
Clayton HINKLEY
Justin BOLLENHAGEN

Should be Gone

Greg HARDING ;)

Seriously though, why is Riggio playing Reserves? Not sure how a guy can go from playing at North Melbourne to WAFL Ressies.

Great write up Underdog, but I'd have Roach in the Delist category. Sorry, a bloke who gets the ball 30 times, either butchers it or has no hurt factor with the disposals and then refuses to run the other way just doesn't cut it with me. I've sat looking at him this year and thought, geez Richmond were really shit if this bloke stayed on their list for 5 years? :confused::mad:

A few of the boys were lazy this year, and the coaching staff know it, I believe. The issue is, can we turn them around?

Geappen, Hunter and can't remember the third, have signed up. Must say I was stunned with Hunter, I asked the bloke who told me if the club was having a lend? :eek::D Geappen, I know he kicks goals but I reckon he costs just as many by not running the other way. :confused::confused::confused:

Just wandering about a bloke called Brent Latch. has ne1 heard? or seen him? is he a draft hopeful?

Ames polled 118 votes to narrowly beat both Tom Roach and Jarrhan Jacky who tied with 112 votes as runners up.

Honestly, who does the voting? I agree with Ames. Graham Jetta should have been further up. Luckily Riggio didn't feature in the votes otherwise I'd have been flipping out!

And recruiting Hilder, what the? :confused: Now we have to pay Subi $10-$15k, or so I hear.........:(

Anyone know if Wayde Twomey is heads back west?

Yeh Mate hes back at Swans.

In other news the word on the street is that Jacky was all set to be r/listed by the Eags.

This would have opened the door for Davis to come to Swans.

To quote someone from the Eagles "Such is Life"

Bit of trouble out at Bassendean administratively and financially swannies, did you attend the AGM and if so maybe you can give us your opinion on what's happening? Sounds like a very unhappy camp at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of trouble out at Bassendean administratively and financially swannies, did you attend the AGM and if so maybe you can give us your opinion on what's happening? Sounds like a very unhappy camp at the moment.

All of my info is second hand, but I will make sure I go to the next one on the 15th March. Evidently it was good for a laugh, I am told by a couple of people I know who went. :)

Now, I've been telling anyone who'll listen, including the Pres one day at Leedy Oval (he walked away from me after this), that one day the BHP money will run out, so you can't set up a high cost structure because it won't always be there.

Yes, some very unhappy members were there though.

Swansmen Inc. presents SportFM 91.3 WAFL WORLD

To be held at Swan Districts football club 6.00pm 13th of March
Up stairs in The Presidents Suite
A live show hosted by Shayne Hope and Chris Pike with Special guests

Preview of the up and coming 2012 WAFL season

A weekly magazine-style radio show focusing on WA’s longest-running football competition

WAFL World gives comprehensive coverage of all the latest news in the West Australian Football League and provides reviews/previews of all the weekly action with the biggest names in local football

Bar and Kitchen will be open from 5.00pm
Raffles

A FREE EVENT all are welcome

I didn't go but here is Greg Harding's review from his blog...

After 16 weeks of preparation, we have finally got to the fun bit and on Saturday we had a NAB Cup style hit out at Steel Blue. 3 teams were assembled and that allowed us to have a really good look at the squad with all players getting good game time.

Coaches Ash Hansen, Paul Vines and Geoff Valentine took the reins of the 3 sides and immediately got very competitive which was great to see. Every game was extremely tight and we were happy with what we saw.

We have been working hard on a number of different structures and the way we were able to play to those structures was impressive. Historically, these games can get very scrappy with players trying to put their hand up for selection and sometimes forgetting their role but that didn't happen, and we got a lot out of the day. We were delighted by the form shown by Tony Notte and Leigh Kholman up forward and some of our kids are in great form. Will Shea, Matt Jukes, Rudy Riddoch, Rod Manton and Blaine Boekhorst showed very good signs as did Marlon Motlop who moved and kicked the ball extremely well. Jarrhan Jacky looks fit and played very well through the midfield and Wes Lammie found a heap of the ball around the ground.

The only negative, and its a very big negative, was the loss of Brett Robinson for the year. He's one of our best and unfortunately he ruptured his ACL ligament in a innocuous incident and will miss the entire 2012 season. He was recapturing the movement and sharpness that stamped him as one of the best players in the competition in 2008/09 an its shattering for us and for him to suffer this injury for the 2nd time. Hopefully this will be a quick recovery and we see him back to his best in 2013.

This week sees us take on Subiaco in our first structured scratch match. Our plan is to expose a few kids over the next 3 games as well as rewarding solid form week to week. We are looking good for Rd 1 which is less than a month away and we will use these next 3 fixtures to fine-tune our game so we are ready to go for the Falcons in the 24th of March.

Disappointing to lose Robinson again. He had the LARS surgery on his ACL back in 2010. Seems like he is another statistic...

Great to hear Nottey is in good touch.

Also, hopefully big Wes can continue to develop. I've done a complete 180 on Wes. He really took his opportunity and stepped up last year with Panda out. Love his aggression and desperation at the contest.

Great to hear Nottey is in good touch.

You beat me to it. :D Hope it's a big year for him.

Also, hopefully big Wes can continue to develop. I've done a complete 180 on Wes. He really took his opportunity and stepped up last year with Panda out. Love his aggression and desperation at the contest.

You and me both. Shows the folly of writing these big guys off at 18/19, like I did with Wes. :eek: Wasn't nearly as nervous when he was near the ball at the end of the season. ;)

3th of March
Preseason game Subiaco v Swan Districts at Medibank

League Final Score:
Subiaco 10.3.63
Swans 11.6.72

Loved Percy's advice to Lammie at 3/4 time of the Subi scratchie.

He was stalking around the huddle looking for Wes, taps him on the shoulder and indicates for him to come out and speak to him.

I want you to hit this bloke with everything you've got, jump into him and (claps both hands together) snap him.

Other than that you're doing a really good job, keep it up. And walks away.:D

Love your work Perc. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

swannies is there anywhere you can get the results of the Wafl scratchies from the past weekend,,,,,,cant seem to find many details of any games anywhere !!

The Swansmen Inc. once again would like to thank Shayne Hope, Chris Pike (WAFL WORLD) Brett Sprigg (Drive program),Colin Minson and SportFM 91.3 for last nights live broadcast @ Steel Blue Oval Swan Districts FC. Well Done Top show and a great night had by everyone.

We would also like thank Travis Edmonds, Phil Smart and Tom Bottrell as Special guests on the show.

The Swansmen sponsors Allurement on Ashmore, Galleria Toyota, Bayswater Hotel, Bottle-O-Embleton,Slater Gartrell Sports, Bogan and Proud, Burswood Park Public Golf Course, BrewMart Bayswater and CUB made this night possible.

With one more big thank you to Mrs Megan Jones, Ms Joanne Taylor and Swan Districts Football Club.

Kind regards

George Copley Jnr.
COMMITTEEMAN
Swansmen Inc.
http://www.swandistrictsfc.com.au/the-club/swansmen/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Swansmen-Inc/234450943289269

Remove this Banner Ad

Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back