BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

I know we usually wear white, but you'd reckon our home guernsey should be fine against GC.

I used to be one of the biggest advocates for white away guernseys but I am so sick of all the bad designs. How come all the A-League clubs can come up with away shirts so easily without embarrassing designs or having to cater to the kids' market but AFL clubs can't?

I think everyone should just wear their home jumper all the time. I don't if there is a "clash" anymore ... as many have said, white shorts will do the trick.

As if the differential in the amount of money made from guernsey sales would make a big difference to a club's bottom line anyway. I am sure it wouldn't. If so then market something else the kids will want bought for them. Stop ruining tradition that clubs have worked so hard to create and maintain.

Am I the only one that likes the white guernseys?

The problem is that most of our white clash strips have been terrible. Has absolutely nothing to do with using white as a base though.

The raven head jumper sucked because it had a giant stretched out looking bird head which looked shithouse. It also felt like the club was desperate as hell to show off it's new logo even though it's totally unsuited to a football Guernsey.

Murder of Crows sucked because the design only looked good on paper and you couldn't see the little details when actually viewing it in real life. I liked the design until I saw players wearing it.

The claw design sucks because they completely messed up the blue and yellow. I can't accept deviating from our official colours. Royal blue and richmond yellow are not our colours.

All of these guernsey's would have sucked equally as hard regardless of the white.

What are we naming this new abomination, as the last 2 were called "Floating Head" and "Murder Of Crows"?

Someone pointed out it looks like a flagpole with 3 banners.

"The Flagpole"
"Banner Time"

AdelNewJumper200.jpg

I used to be one of the biggest advocates for white away guernseys but I am so sick of all the bad designs. How come all the A-League clubs can come up with away shirts so easily without embarrassing designs or having to cater to the kids' market but AFL clubs can't?

I think everyone should just wear their home jumper all the time. I don't if there is a "clash" anymore ... as many have said, white shorts will do the trick.

As if the differential in the amount of money made from guernsey sales would make a big difference to a club's bottom line anyway. I am sure it wouldn't. If so then market something else the kids will want bought for them. Stop ruining tradition that clubs have worked so hard to create and maintain.
The TV deal is the main driver now. It's them who whinge to the AFL about the 'TV product' and in turn the AFL reacted with their light v dark directive.

Collingwood v Gee long and v North happened for decades on muddy ovals without a lot of problems but barely half were televised back then.

It was the 2000 GF that started this ball rolling.

Big Footry has offically now turned into a cesspool of truculence.

Way too many people just have to be right, without taking a step back and engaging in a constructive discussion.

I'm more embarrassed with the wins (or losses) that we have failed to deliver over the past 24 months than any jumper we have designed.

The TV deal is the main driver now. It's them who whinge to the AFL about the 'TV product' and in turn the AFL reacted with their light v dark directive.

Collingwood v Gee long and v North happened for decades on muddy ovals without a lot of problems but barely half were televised back then.

It was the 2000 GF that started this ball rolling.

I really don't mind having to use a white clash strip but it should only be wheeled out when there is an actual clash. Why did we have to use our clash Guernsey in the Hawks Prelim in 2012? Our home strips look nothing like each other. It's calls like this that really irk me.

Hopefully one day the club will come up with a decent looking white guernsey and it won't matter that the AFL keep botching it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again we are the laughing stock. Simple white Guernsey with hoops is what we wanted. This is terrible. Who chose this rubbish? Who passed it??

Oh stop being so melodramatic.

It's a ****ing jumper FFS - laughing stock OMG!!!!!!!

We are a laughing stock based on the stupid comments by a certain group and the overzealous drama queens who insist the club have ruined their life over this jumper.

FFS - get a grip!!!!!!!!!

Oh stop being so melodramatic.

It's a ******* jumper FFS - laughing stock OMG!!!!!!!

We are a laughing stock based on the stupid comments by a certain group and the overzealous drama queens who insist the club have ruined their life over this jumper.

FFS - get a grip!!!!!!!!!
Have you not read the comments by other fans of other clubs? A jumper is very important. I'm sick of these americanised jumper designs.

Have you not read the comments by other fans of other clubs? A jumper is very important. I'm sick of these americanised jumper designs.

Yes. I was really cold yesterday afternoon as I went out only in tshirt and shorts. If someone had handed me the clash guernsey to keep warm I would not have put it on.

The only time we wear our home strip away is against port, north, Sydney and Collingwood (apart from this year) this clash strip should only be worn against clubs that our home strip actually clashes with.

Who cares what they think.

If we are standing on the premiership dais on the last game of they year, I won't care one bit.

The jumper we have on, has zero relevance. it's winning and lossing that matters.

Oh, and according to a lot of Vic fans. The Crows are irrelevant as a club. So I wouldn't be putting too much stock in what other fans think.

As soon as we start winning, they won't care about the jumper as they will start worrying about other things.

Remove this Banner Ad

BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back