Media Blowing the Lid

Remove this Banner Ad

Blowing the Lid

explode-blow-up.gif

I was minding my own business on that fateful Thursday afternoon when I noticed that the Wonders LG was bickering back and forth about who should post the team sheet. I always found this odd as I never had a problem posting a team sheet when I was captain, but I guess some captains just like sitting on their arses letting other people do it.

Tired Cat GIF

Anyway, Cubs put his hand up and chose to handle it. There was some more conversation as apparently he messed it up the first time he submitted it (I didn’t see the very first one), so he deleted and did a re-do. I saw the second one that he submitted and it look ok to me, so I liked it and said it was a-ok, then I turned off Bigfooty and went to bed early because I’m not that screen obsessed (ok I am, but I was actually tired that day).

Then I log in at some time Friday noon-ish and check the LG. Apparently Cubs was still arguing/laughing with AnUltimateRessie about giving him a penalty for an incorrect team sheet the day before? I don’t know. They talk about random shit most of the time in there. So I check the team sheet thread and lo and behold Cubs has somehow deleted the second team sheet he submitted (which I liked and ticked off btw and was completely fine) and replaced it with a new one that is so utterly mind boggling I honestly thought I had died and gone to hell.

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

It was a simple copy and paste job and he still couldn’t even get that right. I mean honestly, how the hell could you screw up a team sheet like that? I have never ever EVER seen something like that. Did you copy and paste one line at a time? Is the copying power of your computer simply not up to scratch that it can only do a few words per go? It is completely mind-blowing how anyone could do that. But I digress, Cubs was simply stepping up to do something that the captain should’ve done, so I don’t really blame him all that much (although he should definitely get a new computer).

I posted in the LG (on Friday) that Cubs has apparently screwed up the team sheet and put the centre line below the half-forward line. A bit of chatter about it. Clarkey was laughing about how the simmers haven’t picked up on it yet. And they all pretty much decided to not disclose it to anyone. Instead they chose to out the Dragons for not even submitting one and hope that no one notices ours.

Dont Look Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

Well it worked… kinda. Literally no one paid attention at all to our little mishap and it somehow got through the simmers all the way to gameday. And then gameday happened and we were all crossing our fingers that somehow the centre and half-forward lines weren’t switched, but they were.

Me sitting at Half-Forward Flank for some reason:
awkward pulp fiction GIF

And then we lost and some of us (who have their own currency :eyes:) went all in on demanding a re-sim because of our team sheet error. At first I did want a re-sim for being placed in the wrong position than the one I wanted to play in, but honestly I didn’t care at the end of the day because it was our teams screw up and we get what we deserve for it.

I know some of you will say ‘well why didn’t you speak up? you are just as much in the wrong as you had this information all this time.’ and you’re right. I am at partial fault as well for not immediately disclosing this mishap to the admin and simmers, but I was so perplexed by the team sheet that I really just checked out for most of the last 3 or 4 days. Again, how the F do you screw up putting the C below the HF? Ok I’m done.

Hopefully that clears it up for everyone.

PS. Sadly there is no guy named Lid, but if he did exist he would be one very happy lad indeed

#WondersInCrisis #CubsCantCopyAndPaste[/#CubsCantCopyAndPaste

Good report. Lets hope it doestn happen again

Didnt realise it all COPY and PASTE.

But i guess it was a no change TEAM SHEET from week before

Best of luck in the future
Can you please stop tormenting us! Just STOP will you!

Blowing the Lid

View attachment 2085817

I was minding my own business on that fateful Thursday afternoon when I noticed that the Wonders LG was bickering back and forth about who should post the team sheet. I always found this odd as I never had a problem posting a team sheet when I was captain, but I guess some captains just like sitting on their arses letting other people do it.

Tired Cat GIF

Anyway, Cubs put his hand up and chose to handle it. There was some more conversation as apparently he messed it up the first time he submitted it (I didn’t see the very first one), so he deleted and did a re-do. I saw the second one that he submitted and it look ok to me, so I liked it and said it was a-ok, then I turned off Bigfooty and went to bed early because I’m not that screen obsessed (ok I am, but I was actually tired that day).

Then I log in at some time Friday noon-ish and check the LG. Apparently Cubs was still arguing/laughing with AnUltimateRessie about giving him a penalty for an incorrect team sheet the day before? I don’t know. They talk about random shit most of the time in there. So I check the team sheet thread and lo and behold Cubs has somehow deleted the second team sheet he submitted (which I liked and ticked off btw and was completely fine) and replaced it with a new one that is so utterly mind boggling I honestly thought I had died and gone to hell.

It was a simple copy and paste job and he still couldn’t even get that right. I mean honestly, how the hell could you screw up a team sheet like that? I have never ever EVER seen something like that. Did you copy and paste one line at a time? Is the copying power of your computer simply not up to scratch that it can only do a few words per go? It is completely mind-blowing how anyone could do that. But I digress, Cubs was simply stepping up to do something that the captain should’ve done, so I don’t really blame him all that much (although he should definitely get a new computer).

I posted in the LG (on Friday) that Cubs has apparently screwed up the team sheet and put the centre line below the half-forward line. A bit of chatter about it. Clarkey was laughing about how the simmers haven’t picked up on it yet. And they all pretty much decided to not disclose it to anyone. Instead they chose to out the Dragons for not even submitting one and hope that no one notices ours.

Well it worked… kinda. Literally no one paid attention at all to our little mishap and it somehow got through the simmers all the way to gameday. And then gameday happened and we were all crossing our fingers that somehow the centre and half-forward lines weren’t switched, but they were.

awkward pulp fiction GIF

And then we lost and some of us (who have their own currency :eyes:) went all in on demanding a re-sim because of our team sheet error. At first I did want a re-sim for being placed in the wrong position than the one I wanted to play in, but honestly I didn’t care at the end of the day because it was our teams screw up and we get what we deserve for it.

I know some of you will say ‘well why didn’t you speak up? you are just as much in the wrong as you had this information all this time.’ and you’re right. I am at partial fault as well for not immediately disclosing this mishap to the admin and simmers, but I was so perplexed by the team sheet that I really just checked out for most of the last 3 or 4 days. Again, how the F do you screw up putting the C below the HF? Ok I’m done.

PS. Sadly there is no guy named Lid, but if he did exist he would be one very happy lad indeed

I can't believe you have leaked our leadership pm. Come see me in my office immediately.

Instead they chose to out the Dragons for not even submitting one and hope that no one notices ours.
This isn't necessarily true, we didn't realise the Dragons had not submitted a team sheet until Serial raised it. At this point, we realised that holy shit, this is an incredible coincidence to have happen at the same time as our very minor mishap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cubs is a great guy, but if you picture him as Ralph as he so commonly depicts himself it all makes sense.

I was told its better short and no one likes it long.

It’s all about how you use your team sheet AUR, not it’s length

This time you have used yours incorrectly 🤔

Blowing the Lid

View attachment 2085817

Tired Cat GIF

awkward pulp fiction GIF

Mid Season Trade 🤔

Ken for serial_thrilla & My Cotchin Rules

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Blowing the Lid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back