Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounds like the Walsh hammy is at least 3 weeks
I don't think so...... Walsh stayed on afterwards and did not run off the ground until there was about 8 minutes 30 seconds to go till half-time..... He ran off under his own steam..... And I think they decided to keep him in cotton wool after he spoke to the doctor.... He'll be diligent in his rehab and he will just miss Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think so...... Walsh stayed on afterwards and did not run off the ground until there was about 8 minutes 30 seconds to go till half-time..... He ran off under his own steam..... And I think they decided to keep him in cotton wool after he spoke to the doctor.... He'll be diligent in his rehab and he will just miss Collingwood
I think Arrow may have got that estimate from something said on First Crack this evening.
Let's hope it's wrong.

Hope you are right but Oliver played a full quarter afterwards then was running at training 2 days later.

I was right above him as he ran off. He was absolutely ropeable when he hit the bench.

I was right above him as he ran off. He was absolutely ropeable when he hit the bench.
The thing is he was doing contested work until the point when he decided to runoff and after that sprint that saw him reach for the upper hammy and he seemed to be moving fine..... And is this was a grand final he would have stayed on..... I still put my money on him missing only one week

Watched the replay closely to pinpoint the moment he hurt his knee and for the life of me couldn't find anything. He obviously kicked that superb goal out of the ruck - celebrated with his teammates & no apparent issue after that but looked a little proppy and within a minute or two after his goal I remember seeing him at the ground run off mildly lame (late in the first qtr.)

Young, within a minute or two, removed his sub vest. 1/4 time siren goes and both he and SOS were in the player meetings throughout the qtr time break as if they believed they were still in the match. Very strange.

Could have sworn the whole thing looked 'precautionary' so if diagnosis has him missing that length of time Jack would be incredibly stiff (as would the team).

Last edited:
Oliver not exactly a great example of elite rehab. By the time he returns to the field he would have missed 10-11 games with the hammy.

And that is if you believe it's just a hammy for Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back