Blue Heelers AXED

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AFL killed Blue Heelers; what other 7 shows are next?

Blue Heelers' time had come.
Nothing lasts forever. They had a good run, unlike Alias in the states which was tragically cancelled after 5 seasons.

Blue Heelers was an old dog that should have been put down years ago.

this proves afl is the greatest game in the world also could be a trend with dogs struggling to survive in the afl.

I saw a couple of minutes of an episode last year ir 2004, they were investigating the theft of a Llama.
It was time to end it the second a writer put that in an episode.

I suspect this is a case of commercial rivalry. 7/10 get the rights and all of a sudden 9 and its allies in News Corp bung on a "those heartless bastards at 7 don't care about their viewers" piece.

Pure Aussie media BS.

GLad its gone, wifes favourite show. Now have the chance to get the leg over on Wednesdasy nights.

Appleyard said:
I suspect this is a case of commercial rivalry. 7/10 get the rights and all of a sudden 9 and its allies in News Corp bung on a "those heartless bastards at 7 don't care about their viewers" piece.

Pure Aussie media BS.
What has News Corps lost in terms of AFL?

Where where all the doomsayers when Nine axed Burkes Backyard?????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

littleduck said:

Nothing, but since when did half the people around here apply logic to comments?

1. Dancing with the Stars
2. Deal or No Deal
3. Headland
4. Home & Away
5. TV Hits
6. Wheel of Fortune
7. Family Circle

..... oh you mean channel 7 ! :D

There were a few articles predicting this happening as a way of paying for the AFL.

Jarryd_S said:
Hopefully 'Dancing With The Attention Seeking ********ers' is next to go.
Isn't that the show that Simone "I don't like my hubby anymore but will keep his name while theres a dollar in it" Warne is going on?...:confused:

Those money hungry, dollar-worshipping, bleeding assasins! And I mean the whole lot of sorry SOBs at both Channel 7 and AFL House! Blue heelers can live a lot longer than 12 years. I think I read where one lived to be almost 30, a record for a dog! Has anyone informed the RSPCA?
Oh wait...it's a freaking ancient TV show that has shown every crime in recorded history (including llama snatching) to a disinterested national audience on Wednesday nights since before Eddie MacPie started wearing trousers? They may have been doing us all a favour by putting it down! Ta! Good on ya! :D

Its a pity another 165 people out of work in an industry that gets little support from network stations who still expect Australian businesses to fork out thousands of dollars on advertising. I guess we will get more silly American rubbish shoved down our throats.

Still, we will get to see guys running around in little shorts.

Headland should have got the axe along with that poxy morning show sunrise.

littleduck said:
FOXTEL has to renegotiate to keep Fox Footy alive;
Their Packer mates have lost the rights;
Their non-allies in 7/10 have the rights.

Can you seriously doubt that some editor told some staff hack "the angle we take with this is that Seven overpaid for the AFL and have to axe a good show, they don't care about their viewers and any one of their other popular shows could be next" or something along those lines?

If you can spread plausible uncertainty about your rival's product you have had a win.

Jarryd_S said:
Hopefully 'Dancing With The Attention Seeking ********ers' is next to go.

Could'nt have said it better myself.

That show is a waste of space, along with most of the 7 content these days.

Destructive said:
Could'nt have said it better myself.

That show is a waste of space, along with most of the 7 content these days.

Pretty much- and it always runs over time too. And Today Tonight to this too...........

Every thing on 7 is rubbish except the Amazing Race, Lost and Boston Legal

Appleyard said:
FOXTEL has to renegotiate to keep Fox Footy alive;
Their Packer mates have lost the rights;
Their non-allies in 7/10 have the rights.

Can you seriously doubt that some editor told some staff hack "the angle we take with this is that Seven overpaid for the AFL and have to axe a good show, they don't care about their viewers and any one of their other popular shows could be next" or something along those lines?

If you can spread plausible uncertainty about your rival's product you have had a win.

You talking about these enemies?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/football/we-are-not-out-to-gag-sbs-says-football-chief/2005/11/08/1131407636275.html

As part of the previous deal with Rupert Murdoch's News Ltd and Kerry Packer's Nine Network, the AFL secured guarantees about editorial coverage. News undertook to provide marketing and support in its newspapers and Nine agreed that ACP, Mr Packer's magazine publisher, would generally support the AFL and run a minimum of four stories a year to promote its growth and development.
While the AFL rights deal is confidential, the undertakings by News and Nine are revealed in court documents filed in Seven Network's lawsuit over the demise of its pay TV arm, C7. The AFL's general manager, broadcasting, strategy and major projects, Ben Buckley, refused to comment. A spokesman for the National Rugby League, John Brady, said it had never done deals such as the AFL's where it tried to "legislate the outcome" of editorial coverage.

Looks like your theory is a bit shaky

rhino49 said:
what about the bomb at the police station? this retired policeman may advice them on show topics/stoires but they will do a story regardless of how far fetched it is, if they think it will rate they will go ahead with the bullshiit story line just for ratings.
1-Anyone who watches The Bill will also remember 2 different bombing storylines.
2- You're right on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Blue Heelers AXED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back