• Blue Murder

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Underbelly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bump
What the hell is going on here
Rewatched Blue Murder last night. How the hell are the votes tied. Underbelly dosnt deserve to be put in the same sentence as Bue Murder. Blue Murder is a 1000 times better than Underbelly, it seems the dumbing down of Australia by reality shows has taken effect if people seriously think Underbelly is better. The only thing Underbelly has over BM is the soundtrack everything else is vastly superior. To say Underbelly is better is like saying Jay Schulz is better than Lance Franklin

Bump... been watching Blue Murder on ABC2 the last few weeks, absolute brilliance. Heading out to buy it at lunchtime. Really wish that the ABC would kick their miniseries production back into gear, they tend to be pretty good. Really liked Dirt Game last year.

Not quite sure what the deal with this poll is; maybe too many teenage boys voting who like the softcore pr0n of UB and haven't seen BM.

I've only seen bits of Blue Murder and that was interesting.

The first season of Underbelly was very good, I was keen to see Underbelly: Tale of Two Cities, we all know how shit that turned out to be :D. Not even interested in the new Underbelly after last season. They've pretty much killed it for me.

Bump... been watching Blue Murder on ABC2 the last few weeks, absolute brilliance. Heading out to buy it at lunchtime. Really wish that the ABC would kick their miniseries production back into gear, they tend to be pretty good. Really liked Dirt Game last year.

Not quite sure what the deal with this poll is; maybe too many teenage boys voting who like the softcore pr0n of UB and haven't seen BM.

What did you get it for?

Blue Murder by a country mile.

Underbelly was pathetic shyte.

Underbelly, firstly, needs to be more historically correct, and secondly, done as a movie. A movie that has nothing to do with the crap writers and actors used for the TV series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely Blue Murder.

The worst thing about Underbelly (at least the first series) was that the events were interesting and could have made for an amazing series, but then channel 9 realised that bogans wanted an MTV type show, not HBO or ABC style, and went for terrible, lazy writing and acting.

I hope ABC at some point makes a series based on that period in Melbourne's underworld because they could do it so much better. Substance instead of music video.

Definitely Underbelly.

The worst thing about Underbelly (at least the first series) was that the events were interesting and could have made for an amazing series, but then channel 9 realised that bogans wanted an MTV type show, not HBO or ABC style, and went for terrible, lazy writing and acting.

I hope ABC at some point makes a series based on that period in Melbourne's underworld because they could do it so much better. Substance instead of music video.

So why 'definitely Underbelly' ? :confused:

Have seen both underbelly series (the first one twice) and I was right. Blue Murder is so much better its not even fair to compare the two.

Maybe some people who voted Underbelly are thinking of the UK Blue Murder (which is garbage).

Thats the only reason I can think of as to why the voting is reasonably close.

So why 'definitely Underbelly' ? :confused:

That's what i thought?

Maybe some people who voted Underbelly are thinking of the UK Blue Murder (which is garbage).

Thats the only reason I can think of as to why the voting is reasonably close.

Maybe although there are many silly people out there ;)

Pretty sure that's a slip.

That's correct. What would be good is if Foxtel creates a channel like HBO to make local productions and starts churning out stuff like the wire, sopranos, deadwood, entourage etc. It's harder over here because the amount of subscribers and therefore $ is much less but at least they wouldn't have to aim for the idiotic, lazy element that underbelly and it's pals have to target.

I understand they've done that with Showtime and supposedly shows like Satisfaction are OK but i can never get into it. Give me a good crime drama any day

This poll should have included the Phoenix/Janus series. They leave Underbelly and Blue murder for dead. Cops and forensic teams at the time said Phoenix was spot on in its realism and how they operated, and the judicial lot were the same with Janus. It was an exact replication how the courts operated. Not to mention the scariest dude to grace Aussie TV screen, Mal Hennessy.

http://www.propaganda.com.au/phoenix/epguide.html

Interesting, a remake on the story line is coming to CH7 later this year. I wonder if it has that over the top glitz like underbelly. I bet it does:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Blue Murder vs Underbelly

Back