Bluemour Melting Pot XX - Snark Free Zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Betts deal is done....why isn't it done?
What happens that holds things over, if the agreement is in place? Why not just lodge the deal with the AFL?

This happens quite often and I understand when some back-ended picks need to be shuffled but when it's a player for a pick - Why the hold-up?
Working out finer details over money

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

What happens that holds things over, if the agreement is in place? Why not just lodge the deal with the AFL?

This happens quite often and I understand when some back-ended picks need to be shuffled but when it's a player for a pick - Why the hold-up?

Fax machine out of toner.

Nick Dal Santo
Oh good grief no . Not the jockey. I love Bob don't get me wrong, but he is an introvert and I think the show would benefit from a 3rd host. I reckon Daisy Pearce would work well or maybe the hockey champ girl that Andy used to have on. The one with the same name as a soap actress.They had great chemistry.

Afl.com.au seeming to suggest the PSD is still a thing.

AFL reportedly to tell clubs by Friday if the pre-season trade period will happen next year. YOU ******* KIDDING ME?!?!

We have started trade period. How the hell are teams supposed to make list management decisions while the AFL is figuring out list management rules/mechanisms?

Every time I think the AFL couldn't get any more amateur......they prove me wrong.

EDIT: I originally wrote PSD, meant Pre-season Trade Period. Thanks Blue__Balls

Last edited:

Dude - relax.

For all we know the paperwork is being signed off this morning, or the clubs had other meetings scheduled and have agreed to get together at X o'clock today.

This next comment isn't levelled at you, Harks, more a general observation. There seems to be so much frustration and pent-up rage from some people about deals being done as soon as humanly possible. I don't get it. There's 18 clubs negotiating deals, contacting players, shuffling picks, it's gonna take some time. Just because a deal is agreed to in-principal, doesn't mean the clubs will do it immediately. These little deals, like we saw with Essendon's pick swap, can sometimes be woven into another trade to benefit one party or another. Maybe we're reaching out to other clubs to see if we can work the Betts trade into another deal so that either us or Adelaide get a slightly better return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

p05tngq1.jpg

This Martin kid might seem physically light on, but his Highlights package suggests he’s not averse to the physical stuff.

I think that's always been the case with him. Plays a tougher brand than his physique would suggest.

I reckon his versatility might be something that could really work well in our team, too. Our team doesn't actually have a lot of versatile players right now, but Martin could find himself working with SPS to make an unexpectedly smooth pair of HBFers, or maybe play a wing, or act as a small hit up forward, too. I don't think he's a full-time midfielder, but he can do a bit of everything and bring some class to it.

If we do land all those targets, Lang and Polson will not play seniors for us barring many injuries. Best to move them on.
I don't expect them to spend much time in the seniors, if any. That doesn't mean they hold zero value. They're not going to net us anything at the trade table but at least we know if we get caught with a slew of injuries we don't have to throw Finbar or an 18yo to the wolves.

If it came down to picking the two of the last players in the draft, possibly around 80, or keeping Lang and Polson for 1 more year I'd probably rather keep them instead of committing to 2 years for undoubtedly some speculative picks. Maybe Lang can finally get his ankle right and show something. Add in that for Polson we'd actually have to pay him out, I just don't see the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back